• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football 2006 Thread

Although the fuckin computers could give it to Michigan. But im pretty sure the voters will give it to Florida

hehe it'll be tough for the computers to rationalize a win over the # 8 team in the country being worth less than not playing at all.... florida should be headed to glendale... congrats beener. what a sloppy game though. is that sec football?

oh and beener wtf w/ your previous post regarding passing yards? if national champs were determined on such criteria hawaii would be tops ;)

that's it! give the National Championship to a team called the Rainbows!

hehehe. but yeah, good game Florida. OSU VS FLA was a better match up this year than a USC team who proved to be soft. playing a SEC team will be fun for the Big 10.

Nah, I was gonna look up all the offensive stats for the SEC, then I got lazy and stopped with passing yards :). But it was just an example of how tough the SEC is, they put up good numbers and play tough opponents. During our loss to South Carolina we put up like 400 yards in total offense but the score doesnt say it.

Were not always that sloppy, but we force a lot of turnovers and we generally have an INT per game. SEC football is just always so god damn rough, every game is a nailbiter, especially the last 5 or 6 years. I love it.

Heres to a great game in January :)

I am not a football fan, but I DID go to UCLA, so even I had a little game-watching party today (consisting entirely of other former Bruins). Good times! Now I can go back to watching our basketball team kick ass. =D

Oh, its been fun talkin football with you guys this season. Yall should have to sport my avatar when we kick your ass in january;)

Shit, who the hell saw that coming? Oh well, if someone was going to knock off the Trojans, this was the year. They'll be a lot more experienced next year.

As much as I hate it that I was proved wrong, I am a UCLA alumnus so... it was a win-win for me!! Hurrah!

you reside near L.A. so you will die of smog poisoning so it really is win-win for the whole site ;)

Its official. Yall'd look good with that Gator Avatar. :). Especially CravNBeats.

the BCS is ridiculousness. there is ample time and market demand for some playoff games. it's time for a Congressional investigation. stop wasting time on the Iraq War.

What a wacky conclusion, but I like the way the BCS worked out this year. Nobody but Michigan people and some Big Ten sycophants wanted to see an Ohio State-Michigan rematch and the SEC deserves a shot, considering how tough the conference is. Ohio State is going to hammer Florida, though, and then Beenhead will owe cravnbeets a humiliating apology involving the creative use of statistics pulled from a hat. Fun will be had by all.

Last edited:
im glad things worked out the way they did. florida handled their business. they have more quality wins than any team in the country, they deserve what they'll get.... an ass kicking in the desert :) oh and how much shit will i have to eat if their candy-assed 2 quarterback system actually pulls out a win in the championship game.... yikes.

oh and how bitter can lloyd carr and michigan get? the class of this rivalry (both on the field and off) is clearly in columbus these days. shut your hole and start preparing for usc.

Last edited:
Right beets, like you wouldn't be supremely upset given his circumstances? Granted, Florida had the hardest schedule, but you know what? That is not the most important stat. Just ask LSU in 2003. Florida eeked out victories against subpar teams, including a Vanderbilt team that Michigan crushed. And Florida's loss was against a team that isn't even in the top 10. Michigan lost once, on the road, to the best team in the country, by 3 points.

And to those who say "They had their shot," the BCS is not about giving everyone their fair shot. These aren't donkey rides. The BCS is about choosing the best two teams to play in the national championship game. To determine who the NATIONAL champion is. If the best two teams are the in the same conference, they should play each other for the championship.

I think it was good what Lloyd said. This system needs to be changed, and you know what? It's not going to be changed by people saying "Yea, we played well, too bad about those voters, darn." It is going to get changed by people getting pissed, people making scenes.

I have no hard feelings against Floridians. I wish you the best of luck. I have hard feelings against the BCS system, against the coaches who penalized Michigan because they hadn't played in two weeks, against the coaches who didn't want to see an all midwest championship game, despite the best two teams coming from there.

Oh and if Michigan loses to USC, or if Florida beats OSU, I promise to eat my hat.

You're counting down the days until your team gets whipped in front of the world in prime time?

=D

huntmich said:
Right beets, like you wouldn't be supremely upset given his circumstances?

being upset is one thing. whinging about it when you still have one game left is fucking lame and classless. i can guarentee you, and i'd love to hear you disagree, that if this happened to osu tressel would keep his mouth closed like a man and go about his business. and imo *that* has been the diference between osu and michigan football in the last few seasons period.

Oh and if Michigan loses to USC, or if Florida beats OSU, I promise to eat my hat

that made me laugh:D wish i was still in the midwest pal it'd be fun to down a pint with you on newyears day :)

All you guys seem pretty cool. Theres always a place for you down here in Gainesville, Fla.;)

Oh, and were used to embarassment. Did any of you watch the Fiesta Bowl of 1996? Against Nebraska? A guy from my hometown of Bradenton, Fla by the name of Tommy Fraiser kicked us up and down the endzones. 62 to 24 or something. I remember seeing him play at Manatee High School thinking he was gonna go far. If he didnt have bad problems with blood clots he would have would have made Michael Vick look like Trent Dilfer.

Last edited:
cravNbeets said:
being upset is one thing. whinging about it when you still have one game left is fucking lame and classless. i can guarentee you, and i'd love to hear you disagree, that if this happened to osu tressel would keep his mouth closed like a man and go about his business. and imo *that* has been the diference between osu and michigan football in the last few seasons period.

this is the most true statement ever typed in the NCAA football thread all year. that is the polar difference between OSU and Michigan's football programs. thank god the Buckeyes have Jim Tressel at their helm - such football genius and class has not been welded into one man since... I don't know when (or Woody Hayes LOL!).

I still stand by my guns saying Michigan is the second best team in the nation - but here is my main argument against the maize and blue. the whole Michigan program KNEW that the winner of the OSU/UM game had National Championship implications written all over it. I am all for a playoff system, but that game in Columbus WAS the semi-final, the Wolverines knew it and of course the Buckeyes knew it. it is no secret that the winner of "the Game" usually has Big 10 implications and National Title implications. both teams knew what they were playing for that day and even Bo Schembechler said that, before the game, that there should be NO rematch between the two in the future of this year. however to be fair, Bo would of course renig on that statement once everything happened as it did, and he would be more than adamantly politicking for his team come January.

despite it al, it would be in the least goofy and at the most insulting, for the rest of the country, to have a National Championship game with a team who was NOT their conference champ.