• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football 2006 Thread

fair enough huntmich. although, i dont think any osu fan on this board should be lumped in with drunken arsonists or clarett, but i understand the frustration.

how are michigan fans feeling about carr @ the moment? i feel like he's gone the way of john cooper. first, he was out coached in this game.... you need a time out to decide to go for 1 instead of 2???? and that personal foul out of bounds on smith was waaaay reminiscent of cooper's former squads. i doubt his job is in danger but he seems to be losing control... thoughts?

cravNbeets said:
oh and beenhead i hope to fucking god florida wins out and plays osu in january. the sec has had the wool pulled over my eyes for most of this season, but that conference has been completely exposed imo. a mediocre offense like florida would get embarrassed by osu or michigan for that matter

I hope this also. Because from what I saw during the game saturday, Florida's offense could totally put up a lot of yards. There was not very much defense on either side of the ball. It was a purely offensive game, and when Florida's defense is healthy they dont allow many points to be scored. The most anyone has scored is 27 points, and it was 21 until the last second interception. Im not saying that we could beat OSU, but we could definately keep up better than Michigan did. I think its gonna end up being USC and OSU. I hope we just get to play Michigan, Im fairly sure we would have a much much better shot against UM

cravNbeets said:
fair enough huntmich. although, i dont think any osu fan on this board should be lumped in with drunken arsonists or clarett, but i understand the frustration.

how are michigan fans feeling about carr @ the moment? i feel like he's gone the way of john cooper. first, he was out coached in this game.... you need a time out to decide to go for 1 instead of 2???? and that personal foul out of bounds on smith was waaaay reminiscent of cooper's former squads. i doubt his job is in danger but he seems to be losing control... thoughts?

I hate Carr. He played like the conservative pussy he has always proven himself to be. There were at least 3 4th downs that he should have gone for, and when he kicked that extra point, I literally threw my beer.

That helmet to helmet was a terrible turn for the team, but I don't know if I can credit that to Lloyd.

But unfortunately, I don't think his job is in any danger. If anything, he probably secured it for another 5 years.

I went to the one Friday night in the diag. I didn't stay long, because I was on my way to a party, but I said my respects.

Wow USC looked sharp tonight. I'm surprised at how many times ND took a shot on 4th down (and failed). Quinn looked rushed all night, and never really found his groove outside of a couple nice throws. Also surprised to see USC cough up the ball on INTs back to back like that and how ND couldn't really capitalize more than a field goal IIRC.

OSU vs USC is lookin like a great game. Sorry you wolverine fairies, you don't get a 2nd shot at getting your ass whipped by Troy Smith again. =D

I was right all along, the rest of you were wrong. Bow down before me. I am your superior.

im stupid, you're smart
you were right, i was wrong
you are very good looking, i am not attractive.

wow that was not the same usc team i watched nearly tank to washington state. by far the hardest hitting secondary in the country. nice call james.

^^^ I was so suprised also, they definately deserve to play OSU for the National Title. I think the BCS is going to sort its self out this year, but At least a top four team playoff is in order for the future! As long as we take care of business next week, Ill be looking forward to a great Sugar Bowl against Michigan!

Fucking Trojans :(

not so fast guys. even though nd got completely taken apart by usc i think they're the front runner to play michigan in the rosebowl. florida is gonna have to win in pretty impressive fashion against arkansas to end up in the rosebowl.

Is Michigan def. going to the rose bowl? I figured it would be Florida-Michigan in the sugar bowl. And ND is not even close to being a front runner for anything until its decided where Florida goes. Florida would have to lose to get a bowl bid behind Notre Dame.

michigan is definitely going to the rosebowl. it may sound crazy but bowl selection is based on a hell of a lot more than the best team.

USC is the one team that I would feel comfortable losing the championship spot to. I was really angered at first at the possibility that Michigan would not replay OSU, but with the schedule that USC has played, if they win out, they deserve a shot.

But I will still put money on USC losing badly to OSU and Michigan creaming Florida, leaving OSU #1 and Michigan #2.

^ surprisingly, I agree with you. I think Michigan is by far the second best team in the land. although they did miss their chance to play for the BCS Championship - UM and USC have two things in common. they both have one loss and they both beat ND. USC beat ND by 20 points AT the Colliseum. UM beat ND by 27 points AT Notre Dame. transitive mathematics don't really work here, because comparing teams by points like this really is an apples/oranges thing. however, they both have one loss. USC lost to an unranked opponent and UM lost to the number one team in the nation, at the Shoe, by only a field goal.

you do the logistics there. is it fair for a team to have two shots at the BCS title?

I suppose it is all about what the BCS is supposed to accomplish. Fairness really shouldn't enter into an equation which is supposed to determine who the best team is. Sometimes rankings aren't fair, but they are still right.

Looking at USC's season schedule makes me question the decision to give them number 2 a little more than when I wrote that response. They beat Arkansas (number 8 ) and ND, both at home. Michigan beat Wisconsin (number 7) at home and ND on the road. Michigan's one loss was to OSU, on the road, by 3. USC's one loss was to fucking Oregon state, an unranked team, on the road, by 2. When you break things down to a game by game analysis, and don't think about WHEN losses occured (which is really a terrible way of judging performance), Michigan comes out atop.

But like I said, USC is the one team that I will not bitch (anymore) about should they take the championship game.

It really doesnt look like Michigan will play Florida because the SEC champion usually gets the sugar bowl. Thats one match up that I would have loved to see. Michigan's defense would have a hell of a time against Florida's offense (as long as we dont need field goals!). And I think it would be hard for Michigan to get an offense going with Florida's Defense. Who knows, maybe Florida will go to the Rose Bowl.
I've always hated this bowl system, It should not matter who is the champion of which conference. The top ten should play in the BCS bowl series period. And the should play in descending order of rank.

hunt you seem to forget that usc also smoked two more top 25 teams in cal and nebraska. they're schedule impresses me way more than michigan's.

USC's recievers were on fire saturday. Notre Dame didnt have a snowball's chance in hell. Will they play like that against UCLA? Probably :(.
But against OSU, Maybe. OSU's defense would have their work cut out for them if USC could mimic their 2nd half performance. If USC doesnt choke like they did against Oregon.