• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football 2006 Thread

I would like to argue that Michigan has not done a single classless thing in this argument, nor in the past years as you seem to hint towards. You know what was classless? Florida's coach going all over the media and saying how Michigan "had their shot" and that they didn't deserve another one. Lloyd chose against lobbying for his team, chose to let the voters make up their own minds, and that was a classy decision.

But if you think that it would somehow be more effective to sit back and wait until the postseason is over to start making accurate criticisms of the BCS, you are out of your mind. No one would give a shit at that point. Lloyd did what was right: he made his criticisms while they still mattered, while they were still fresh on everyone's minds.

But he is not criticising anymore. He had his say, he said what was right, when it was right, and now he's preparing his team to put a whomping on USC and show who should have really been at that game.

And Axl, that game would be completely different on neutral ground, with turf that wasn't freshly planted. Freshly planted turf hurts a running offense (Michigan) and helps a passing offense (OSU). I'm not bitching, I'm just saying that the rematch, had it happened, would have been legendary (not that the original game wasn't).

the big 10 should adopt a conference championship game.

Trouble is, Michigan would have lost that one too, so, you know... moot point. ;)

huntmich said:
But if you think that it would somehow be more effective to sit back and wait until the postseason is over to start making accurate criticisms of the BCS, you are out of your mind. No one would give a shit at that point. Lloyd did what was right: he made his criticisms while they still mattered, while they were still fresh on everyone's minds.

So, its not okay for Urban Meyer to do the same thing. That makes no since. Urban Meyer did nothin wrong by saying what countless sportscasters have said for weeks. He supported his team. Texas did it last year and no one really said anything. Your statment contradicts its self.

huntmich said:

And Axl, that game would be completely different on neutral ground, with turf that wasn't freshly planted. Freshly planted turf hurts a running offense (Michigan) and helps a passing offense (OSU). I'm not bitching, I'm just saying that the rematch, had it happened, would have been legendary (not that the original game wasn't).

funny i didnt think that either team had a problem rushing the ball. interesting conclusion though.

beener one thing that meyer did differently was speak directly and negatively about michigan. "they got their shot" is pretty unprofessional coming from a coach, as opposed to say dan patrick.

that may be true, but I think as soon as USC lost, no one would have voted any differently, whether he said that or not.

Beets, I can't remember which receiver it was, but there was one particular reception in the endzone in which there wasn't even a white shirt in the screen. If you look at a replay of the play, the OSU receiver made a cut and when the Michigan safety tried to cut, he slid 6 feet out of bounds. Responding to a cut is much more difficult than making one on such fresh turf.

I'm not complaining about the field, I'm just saying a game on neutral ground with synthetic turf would be a completely different game.

i agree it would be completely different. osu wouldnt have turned the ball over twice on botched long snaps.

Haha yea and Michigan wouldn't have allowed two rushing touchdowns of over 30 yards

:D

Heh

Okay, I know Tim Tebow is just a freshman and probably won't be much of factor in the 'big game' but I am also aware of the fans ability to jump past hopeful 'what if' thougts about someone like him and immediately assume he's the next golden child. For your fun and entertainment, I've attached a quick email that found it's way to me about the "Legend of Tim Tebow" (tongue in cheek). Rather than spam the thread with such a post, I just tucked it in a txt file for those that would like to laugh a bit.

Attachments

• Legend of Tim Tebow.txt
    3 KB · Views: 311
huntmich - I never said and I didn't think I hinted towards, in my previous post, that Michigan was being "classless." how did you get that from my post, I presume? there is no part of any sentence or word that indicates myself, the Axl Bleez, declaring Michigan, Lloyd Carr, Bo, the football players, or any others associated with the esteemed mediocre football dynasty of the University of Michigan.

please point them out.

Mike Hart - YOU LOSE.

Dareen McFadden - YOU LOSE.

Brady Quinn - YOU DEFINITELY LOSE.

Heisman.jpg

Troy Smith - Heisman trophy winner.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/12/09/heisman.trophy.ap/index.html

Hail to the king! =D =D

Axl, I'm not sure if you are joking, but look at post 340 if you are not. You say that beets' comment about Michigan being classless is one of the truest statements made here.

congrats to troy smith for taking home the 'kiss of death' by the 3rd largest margin in history. if you need a job at this time next year i think former winner eric crouch is still assitant manager of that hyundai dealer in lincoln;)

cravNbeets said:
haha i think he's fucking with you bud;)

Hehe yea, that's what I figured. But sometimes dry wit doesn't always transmit through monitors.