• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

NCAA Football 2006 Thread

Michigan wasn't overrated; they were extremely rusty after 5 weeks of not having played. I understand that everyone has a similarly long break, which is why I put the blame squarely on Lloyd Carr's head. He was unable to keep the team properly motivated and properly prepared for the game.

If Michigan was overrated and if you don't think that they deserved to be in the national championship hunt, remember that your Buckeyes only beat us by 3 at home.

huntmich said:
Michigan wasn't overrated; they were extremely rusty after 5 weeks of not having played. I understand that everyone has a similarly long break, which is why I put the blame squarely on Lloyd Carr's head.

Not only that, but they totally would have won if they had scored more points than the other team. Damn you Lloyd Carr!

Listen, Michigan deserves a better coach than Lloyd Carr, plain and simple. Four years running they have lost their bowl game. Four years running they look shittier during their bowl game than during their regular season. That screams the fact that Lloyd can't keep them prepared during the bowl break.

great bowl season! nice to see the big ten knock off two sec schools.... should be 3 for 3 after tomorrow.

hunt, i feel for ya pal. i was watching the rosebowl just waiting for michigan to make some offensive adjustments and actually give sc a game. pretty pitiful performance. unfortunately, like you said, carr's job is not truly going to be in jeopardy for at least another season or two.

oye buckeye nation where you at!? some osu alumni and columbus natives have rented out a pub here in portland for the game. looking forward to another buckeye championship tomorrow night!

^ hahaha, that's cute.

Troy Smith is going to beat your team and make you like watching it. he's that damn good.

Here's what I'll say about tonight:

Fuck OSU, but Go Big Ten!

Florida should have been in the Rose Bowl with USC

Michigan dropped the ball, but I'll always love the blue and maize

My prediction:

The ICU is going to be chock full of Gators and Buckeyes, so don't go hurting yourself tonight if you live in Arizona, 'cause you're gonna bleed to death in the waiting room.

[Mick Hubert] OH MY!!!![/Mick Hubert]

...and it's only halftime 8)

i've never been so disappointed by an ohio state performance... how is possible to fly to a bowl game and leave both the offensive and defensive lines in columbus?

well, Ohio did produce the winning coach, so really the won. ;)

Well done gators, I knew you had it in you.

Wow. I didn't expect that.

Congrats to the Gators. They really outplayed OSU.

And, as much as I hate Ohio State with every bone in my body, they really raised the bar this season. And the Big Ten is a better conference for it.

Here's to another spectacular year of NCAA Football!

CHEERS!!!

Ill be accepting apologies until 11 p m tomarrow ;)

Good game guys! I thought we were gonna have more trouble. But what a good season, and I gotta say, we deserve it!

Go GATORS!!
Gainesville is crazy tonight.

In all kinds of weather we all stick together.... For F-L-O-R-I-D-A!!
Go Gators!!!!

TheLoveBandit said:
[Mick Hubert] OH MY!!!![/Mick Hubert]

...and it's only halftime 8)

AWESOME!! MICK HUBERT ROCKS!

He used to say OH MY GOD, but Danny Wuerrful didnt like it when he played there.

AHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! FUCK YOU BA!! FUCK THE BUCKEYES!! 82 TOTAL YARDS!? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? YOU GUYS LOOKED ABOUT RIPE FOR THE "BLIND SISTERS OF THE POOR" BOWL!

I'll make up a montage of Troy Smith crying by tomorrow

By the way, the post you have just read was made towards those people who were sore losers when OSU squeaked past Michigan. Everyone else (Beets, I'm looking at you), please disregard.

PLURmonster said:
[Ohio State] really raised the bar this season. And the Big Ten is a better conference for it.

Big 10 conference in bowl games?
2-5 (.286)

Bestest two teams (MI and OSU) spanked by an average of 20.5 pts?

The only place I have less respect for than I do for the big10+1 is Notre Lame who proved once again they get golden child treatment while remaining an unlovable bastard.

Notre Dame is the drunken, unlovable Irish bastard of college football. C'mon, who can actually hate the Irish? So much history, fuck the haters. :)

Quite a game by Florida, I don't think anyone saw that coming.

plurmonster whats your story? you support michigan why? did your cousin attend school there? maybe your roommate's best friend's uncle played lacrosse for them in 1961. did you drive by the campus one time on a family vacation to the upper peninsula? 8)

osu was out-everythinged by florida. all the things i said about florida came back to bite osu in the ass. that was a pure and simple ass kicking and honestly if they played another game today, i think it would turn out the same way.... respect to the florida players but mostly to urban meyers for obviously instilling the "us against the world mentality" in his players.

wow