• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My little contribution to the internet... (Opiates)

Just got back from my parents house, sat down with them and my wife. They know everything now...which is for the best. It stops me from doing something stupid plus their support was kind of surprising. I need to get over whatever inside me never wants to ask for help and wants to keep this so hush hush...my wife wants me to come clean to my/our friends, her parents, the pastor of our church and everyone else it seems. I would rather no one know but her and I. Maybe its time to suck it up and ask others for help.

The Limbic system and especially the hypothalamus are where the addition comes from.. its the part of the brain thats addicted.. Out of the amazing amount of things it control social interaction (isolation) and the emotions including fear. It doesn't want you to tell people who love you cause it doesn't want you to have suport and help.. cause then its going to be that much harder for it to win. So it fills you with the emotions of guilt and shame and whispers that you need to be afraid to tell these people as they will look down upon you, or not accept you.. Like always Its full of shit.. I remember after I came out of the closet about my addiction it was like a great weight was lifted off me. There is something with that part of the brain needing secrets as ammunition to be able to use it emotional manipulations.. this is why the confessional steps of the 12 step fellowships are so powerful.. I believe that part of the brain looses the ability to use a secret to cause emotion once it is told to someone and is no longer a secret. That is just a theory and I'm still trying to work out how it works and why.

The one thing I would avoid doing is making any promises that you will never do it again. Im not saying you ever will or doubting you at all.. I just know that when I made those promises and then relapsed I hurt some people close to me pretty good. I would instead promise that you are going to your absolute best and will never give up.. I would also consider finding a way for the people who love you to become familiar with addiction.

Hey and congratulations on taking that step.. I remember when I came out.. scary shit rite there.. but I turned out I didn't have anything to be scared of and a whole bunch to gain.

It's a new day with new opportunities. Make it great, stay with it man. The worst should be over for you I hope. You've got this.

The one thing I would avoid doing is making any promises that you will never do it again. Im not saying you ever will or doubting you at all.. I just know that when I made those promises and then relapsed I hurt some people close to me pretty good. I would instead promise that you are going to your absolute best and will never give up

I've had to learn this the hard way. All I can do is work hard at staying sober and getting some clean time. I think things that have hurt me in past is thinking that 'I'll be sleeping by myself within 30 days' and then panicking when I'm not. I am just going to take it a day at time. I am broken down man, I'm so over this bullshit.

I really appreciate your support NSM

It's a new day with new opportunities. Make it great, stay with it man. The worst should be over for you I hope. You've got this.

Congrats on another clean day brother! 4 for me and 7 for you. I feel a little better today than I did yesterday and hopefully am rounding a corner with it. Gonna slam through today and can't wait until day 5!

Marching into Day 5. Had a rough night...but fuck it!

12 hours to grind through until I start Day 6. That's where my focus is.

Oh and another quick thing...bought some L-Lysine and B-12 supplements when I got sent to the store early this morning for tampons (no fucking laughing lol) has anyone keeping up with this thread had experience with those? Thoughts?

Hey way to keep pushing:)... what are you trying to accomplish with the L-Lysine? I am not familiar with this so Im curious.

Hey way to keep pushing:)... what are you trying to accomplish with the L-Lysine? I am not familiar with this so Im curious.

during those few moments where I can sit still, I just read and read and read and have seen it mentioned elsewhere. From what I understand it helps with Amino Acids? Shit I don't know...Lol those supplements happened to be at the top of the tampon aisle. Those where the only two I recognized.

Shit. So thats not a common one?

I think you may have been looking to get L-Tyrosine. Chemical nomenclature is confusing to even people who are immune to being confused. If you return to that isle I would really recomand the phenibut as it can have a large impact on the RLS and the neuro pain such as the sore legs and back.

Restless legs syndrome and related disorders

Restless Legs Syndrome

"More recently, gabapentin (Neurontin) has been found to have some benefit in treating restless legs syndrome" Source Above

"In chemical structure, phenibut is a phenyl derivative of GABA. Although the calming action is similar to other GABA agonists, phenibut binds to the GABAB metabotropic receptor, the same site responsible for the sedative effects of baclofen (the para-chloro derivative of phenibut) and γ-hydroxybutyrate (GHB), although GHB also acts at the GHB receptor." phenibut

Gabapentin
"Gabapentin (Neurontin) is a pharmaceutical drug, specifically a GABA analog. It was originally developed to treat epilepsy, and currently is also used to relieve neuropathic pain."

Pregabalin
"Pregabalin appears to be as effective as gabapentin for neuropathic pain; however costs more"

"Certain epilepsy medications, such as gabapentin (Neurontin) and gabapentin enacarbil (Horizant), may work for some people with RLS." >source<

"An antiseizure agent, gabapentin enacarbil (Horizant), was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2011 for moderate-to-severe RLS. Common side effects included mild sleepiness and dizziness."

Source: Restless legs syndrome and related disorders | University of Maryland Medical Center http://umm.edu/health/medical/repor...-syndrome-and-related-disorders#ixzz2o2I850Zd
University of Maryland Medical Center

Your doing great and have to be getting close to the first miracle<3 Fight Fight Fight..:!:!=D

Last edited:
L-Tyrosine is what you need my man. I take them in the morning, my girlfriend says it helps with my energy levels. I would have to agree with her. I Hope you're doing well today man. Let's keep it up right?

I took my last 2 hydrocodone this morning. I took 2 tramadol an hour ago because I actually thought I was going to die. It's been a solid year of use for me and I have wasted thousands of dollars. Started with hydros 10s and then any amount I'd just buy in volume to achieve the same high. As of the late I've been taking oxy 30s in place of hydros when I can't find any. I also have two methadone 10s I'm saving for when I really am hurting badly. I want to go on a maintenance plan. I want my life back. I love opiates too much I'm still in an enormous amount of pain :(. I called some clinics but the idea of standing in a methadone line every morning before work is not appealing to me. Idk I can't keep this up much longer. I'm losing myself to opiates.

I think you may have been looking to get L-Tyrosine

bwahahahahahaha! Son of a...cracked myself up when I googled what Lysine is taken for...You're right, L-Tyrosine is what I was looking for. Gonna try and snag some today. Also started a multi, B6 and Fish Oil along with the B-12.

NSM- How long you think I can take Gabapentin for? I took 1200MG on Wednesday evening, 1800MG on Thursday evening and 3000 MG total yesterday afternoon/evening. Yesterday was the first time I finally got some relief, finally all seemed to kick in around 4 hours after first dose. I think the Gaba is part of why I feel so good today and may end up dosing again. Do you think they're would be WD after 5/6 days use. I'm taken Ambien the first 5 nights and nothing else besides 5MG of Xanax over the first 36 hours. (other than supplements, of course)

I know everyone is different. But you seem to be a big proponent of the GABA, and are the reason I have tried. And fuck, for anyone paying attention, shit is a miracle drug for opiate withdrawal. Anyone, can you at least ball park it? A week? A few days? When you're recommending, what's the time frame?

L-Tyrosine is what you need my man. I take them in the morning, my girlfriend says it helps with my energy levels. I would have to agree with her. I Hope you're doing well today man. Let's keep it up right?

Fuck yeah bro. Gonna snag some L-tyrosine today. Can't wait to get that 1 week down. Right behind you man

I took my last 2 hydrocodone this morning. I took 2 tramadol an hour ago because I actually thought I was going to die. It's been a solid year of use for me and I have wasted thousands of dollars. Started with hydros 10s and then any amount I'd just buy in volume to achieve the same high. As of the late I've been taking oxy 30s in place of hydros when I can't find any. I also have two methadone 10s I'm saving for when I really am hurting badly. I want to go on a maintenance plan. I want my life back. I love opiates too much I'm still in an enormous amount of pain :(. I called some clinics but the idea of standing in a methadone line every morning before work is not appealing to me. Idk I can't keep this up much longer. I'm losing myself to opiates.

I wish you the best of luck man, I really do. If you can tough out 3/4 days you feel a lot better quickly my friend. It does not seem like it, you will and prob do feel fucking awful right now. But tough it out! Because I agree, standing in line at the clinic would be a bitch. Especially here in Colorado after we have a damn blizzard or something and a dose is missed.

Keep me filled in man, I'd love to hear how you're doing....

Last edited:
^^^^Hope to hear from you guys! I hope everyone is well

Had to just say though today was grrreat!!!! Rounded the corner I think!

Good luck to any and all, I'm throwing myself into it. I'm not a believer in GOD. I go to church every single Sunday and I get a lot out of the messages. But i dont believe. However, I'm no longer going to be so close minded. Going to church tomorrow with a different mind set.

The fuck if I know what's out there.

Goodnight to all!

Thanks for updating this thread as you go along so-sick.
I think you've done great.
Keep trying.

^^^^Hope to hear from you guys! I hope everyone is well

Had to just say though today was grrreat!!!! Rounded the corner I think!

Good luck to any and all, I'm throwing myself into it. I'm not a believer in GOD. I go to church every single Sunday and I get a lot out of the messages. But i dont believe. However, I'm no longer going to be so close minded. Going to church tomorrow with a different mind set.

The fuck if I know what's out there.

Goodnight to all!

*Smiles*
light-tunnel-01.jpg

NSM- How long you think I can take Gabapentin for? I took 1200MG on Wednesday evening, 1800MG on Thursday evening and 3000 MG total yesterday afternoon/evening. Yesterday was the first time I finally got some relief, finally all seemed to kick in around 4 hours after first dose. I think the Gaba is part of why I feel so good today and may end up dosing again. Do you think they're would be WD after 5/6 days use. I'm taken Ambien the first 5 nights and nothing else besides 5MG of Xanax over the first 36 hours. (other than supplements, of course)

I know everyone is different. But you seem to be a big proponent of the GABA, and are the reason I have tried. And fuck, for anyone paying attention, shit is a miracle drug for opiate withdrawal. Anyone, can you at least ball park it? A week? A few days? When you're recommending, what's the time frame?

Don't go above 3600mg pD total but best dosed in three or four spread doseings..Taper off the GABA as soon as you are able to prevent any problems associating with this drug as it can cause physical dependence. Nice Work!!!

Why We Don’t Get Better Immediately: Post-acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS)
Post Acute Withdrawal (PAW) Excerpted From “Staying Sober” By: Terence T. Gorski
Post-acute-withdrawal syndrome Wiki

Bask in the glow of your accomplishments=D.. its no joke but please form a plan for the paws as they will likely hit 2-3 days after the acutes are fading..

Last edited:
Post Acute Withdrawal (PAW) Excerpted From “Staying Sober” By: Terence T. Gorski

Bask in the glow of your accomplishments=D.. its no joke but please form a plan for the paws as they will likely hit 2-3 days after the acutes are fading..

I hear ya! Just was excited the physical seemed to be ending. I read the excerpt from the above book last night, and all of that made sense. I am very aware of PAWS and their propensity to cause relapse. I will be doing all I can to combat them....

Day 7! Almost through that first week of hell! Have to be up early for work tomorrow after taking the week off, not looking forward to it and a little worried about it. But thankful that I have the types of benefits I do that allowed me to take last week off, could have been a hell of a lot worse situation.

Enjoy this beautiful Sunday all! (Well, currently not so beautiful here in CO. Only 16 degrees today! But a great day none the less)

I'm so proud of you my brother. Keep it strong. 16 degrees is ridiculously cold, I'd lose my shit in that weather haha! The furthest north I've ever lived is Louisville, KY... now I reside in the sunny and usually warm state of SC. Day 10 for me. Things are going to keep getting better. The previous 2 days kinda sucked for me, but today has been better and seeing my parents was a pretty nice motivation booster.

Girlfriend's dealing with a 103 degree fever so catering to her as best I can while dealing with my shit. Keep going strong man you're kicking ass!

Hey all. Day 9. Rough night last night...

New day though! And its Xmas eve! So excited for my little kiddos...

You all enjoy the Holiday's!

SSTP, Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays if you do not celebrate that particular holiday... I do :).

Today is Day 10 my brother. You're doing great, hang in there. I'm sorry you had a rough night last night. I had a rough day yesterday. Just felt like I couldn't find my footing.

What are you doing for the holidays? Anything special or different? I'm glad you get to spend it with your family. Enjoy and appreciate it like I know you will. Me? I'll be thankful for the first Christmas in a long time that I have not used.

With support and love TTGB.

Just wanted to update. Day 16 for me, still having a really really hard time. Took Gabapentin until about 4 days ago. I think I'm having a slight WD from those....though I don't think I'd change anything, they got me through some fucked up days.

I've tried to pop on here a few times but get that "server busy error' all the time.

I wish I was in the mood to write more but I feel terrible. I'm not really much of drinker and due to last night I think part of the reason I feel horrible is I'm a little hungover.

Good luck everyone. I'll be around