• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Mustard on Hamburgers

Also if you want fresh french fries, ask for them without salt and just put your own salt on later. Since they automatically salt the whole batch after they cook them, asking for salt-less ones forces them to make a new batch

Also if you want fresh french fries, ask for them without salt and just put your own salt on later. Since they automatically salt the whole batch after they cook them, asking for salt-less ones forces them to make a new batch

yeah and it comes with free spit too

I've heard of that one, but not the "off the broiler" trick.

yeah and it comes with free spit too

At least McDonalds does the fries in the front of the store so it would be pretty hard for them to get away with that there. I can't remember how the BK lounge does it, but I'm sure that chinky has eaten a handful of spit on "off the broiler" burgers in his day.

Erm, not sure if i'm excluded, but I'm from OZ (Australia) and we have TOMATO SAUCE on our burgers LOL.

But if I have mustard in the fridge I will use it, I love mustard. Oh and funnily enough the mustard that I do like is American mustard.

Also, maybe a stupid question, but is it still called American mustard in the U.S????????

Erm, not sure if i'm excluded, but I'm from OZ (Australia) and we have TOMATO SAUCE on our burgers LOL.

But if I have mustard in the fridge I will use it, I love mustard. Oh and funnily enough the mustard that I do like is American mustard.

Also, maybe a stupid question, but is it still called American mustard in the U.S????????

Do you mean actual tomato sauce like one would have on spaghetti?

And no, I've never heard it called American mustard. We just call it mustard, or yellow or brown mustard if you have a choice.

I don't put mustard on hamburgers but I'm going to bed now goodnight bluelight.

I've heard of that one, but not the "off the broiler" trick.

At least McDonalds does the fries in the front of the store so it would be pretty hard for them to get away with that there. I can't remember how the BK lounge does it, but I'm sure that chinky has eaten a handful of spit on "off the broiler" burgers in his day.

naw man, people at BK dont care about that..like i said theres a button on the register for it, so that it comes up on the receipt..i would think its fairly common if they have a button for it and not just be something thats like off the menu and like a "special code word" for people in the know..im pretty sure it started off as a BK employee thing but i dont know

i never tried to google it but i will right now to see what it says

EDIT...yeah i found nothing too special about it. bjust hat depending on what time of day it is Bk will have a few pattties premade so the wait itsnt that long and also if its real busy some whoppers premade and kept warm but both of them arent supposed to beheld for more then 10minutes

and by ordering off the broiler, its just means to make a fresh burger and not use the premade and heated ones

Last edited:
Do you mean actual tomato sauce like one would have on spaghetti?

And no, I've never heard it called American mustard. We just call it mustard, or yellow or brown mustard if you have a choice.

Haha, no. I think it's the same as ketchup, we just call it sauce, or tomato sauce.

The yellow mustard is called American mustard here. It's the one they put on Mcdonalds burgers yeah? What is brown mustard? Dijon? We have many mustards:
American
Dijon
French
Honey
Wholegrain

I'm from dc, we put mustard on our burgers... unless of course you don't like mustard. And then you don't get any. Also, the brown mustard is 'spicy brown', which may or may not be some kind of dijon..

Haha, no. I think it's the same as ketchup, we just call it sauce, or tomato sauce.

The yellow mustard is called American mustard here. It's the one they put on Mcdonalds burgers yeah? What is brown mustard? Dijon? We have many mustards:
American
Dijon
French
Honey
Wholegrain

There's yellow mustard which is what MickyD's puts on their burgers. Just the standard bright-ass yellow mustard.
There's also Dijon and honey mustard, french may be like grey poupon or somethinng? (fancy shit)
Not sure. Any mustard experts care to comment?

Idk about whole grain mustard but I don't ever use mustard on anything ever so who knows maybe they sell it here. Lord knows they sell just about everything else in whole grain.

It's funny you mention French mustard though because one of the largest brands of yellow (American I guess) mustard is named French's. And it's cheap yellow stuff, not from France at all.

Plus, all mustard is nasty shit. Y'all need to have your heads examined for eating it. One way to ruin the flavor of a burger or dog is to put that shit on it. Now ketchup on the other hand, well I just may be more addicted to ketchup than opiates...

So you call it tomato sauce, do they even use the term Ketchup (or catsup as some brands spell it) at all anywhere down there? If you look up ketchup on Wikipedia it also says tomato sauce so who knows. When I hear that I think of pasta or pizza sauce though, maybe even crushed tomatoes. Is it sweeter and more smooth/ less clumpy than what goes on pasta/pizza?

Last edited:
So you call it tomato sauce, do they even use the term Ketchup (or catsup as some brands spell it) at all anywhere down there? If you look up ketchup on Wikipedia it also says tomato sauce so who knows. When I hear that I think of pasta or pizza sauce though, maybe even crushed tomatoes. Is it sweeter and more smooth/ less clumpy than what goes on pasta/pizza?

Yeah we don't have ketchup at all, just sauce. I'm pretty sure it's the same, it's like salty tomatoey sauce. It's nothing like pasta sauce. Our pasta sauce would be same as yours I guess, since they all start in Italy....? But our pizza sauce is similar to our tomato sauce, being that it's quite salty, like tomato paste just with herbs :)

One thing I could never get my head around is peanut butter and jelly (or jam as we call it) !! Or P, B & J as I have heard it's called........

I think I've strayed away from the mustard topic now...ooops=D

achtung ahctung!!!! i have a serious question to posters outside of ireland and the uk,do you have brown sauce? its makes a mixed grill. bacon sandwich or any basic potato dinner.

how do not understand PB & J

you take two slices of bread, spread peanut butter on the one slice

stay with me here

spread jelly on the other slice

then put them together and remove the crust if youre a vagine

Well in Newfoundland Canada mustard, relish and ketchup are usually what goes on a burger unless you ask for different. A hamburger is not a hamburger without mustard in my opinion.

west and north texas here, most places put mustard by default. some places mayo or salad dressing (MW style), but almost no place puts just ketchup on. i dunno, i think ketchup on burgers is nasty. mustard or mayo for me

how do not understand PB & J

you take two slices of bread, spread peanut butter on the one slice

stay with me here

spread jelly on the other slice

then put them together and remove the crust if youre a vagine

Ewww, sweet jam (or jelly) mixed with salty peanut butter. Not my kinda sandwich LOL

Oh and also, if your jam is called jelly, then what is jelly called? You know, when you mix boiling water with the flavoured gelatine crystals and let it set...

^ Yea, but I always though if Jam as being more "raw" if you will. The traditional flavors like strawberry and grape are usually jelly and it's all smooth like gelatin, but Jam is more like blackberry or raspberry and has some more natural ingredients in it, and it more like mushed up blackberries or whatever, mixed with whatever the need to make it the proper consistency. Jam is almost always made from smaller companies if it isn't homemade, whereas Jelly is all from big companies that mass produce it.

Ewww, sweet jam (or jelly) mixed with salty peanut butter. Not my kinda sandwich LOL

Oh and also, if your jam is called jelly, then what is jelly called? You know, when you mix boiling water with the flavoured gelatine crystals and let it set...

That's Jell-o here, or as you see on the bottom left of the box, 'Gelatin dessert'.

200px-Jello-Cherry-Box-Small.jpg