The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Mustard on Hamburgers

Tommyboy

Bluelight Crew
Do people put mustard on hamburgers where you are from?

In NYC, nobody puts mustard on burgers, but if you travel upstate and order a burger, you are in for a surprise.

The look on some downstate peoples faces when they are upstate and bite into a burger after forgetting to ask for no mustard, or didn't even know that they put it on burgers to begin with, is priceless. 8( This might not even seem like an issue to anyone that has always had or not had mustard on their burgers, but to those of us that are used to having burgers with just ketchup, the taste of mustard on a burger is just vile.

So let's hear it, and don't forget to list your location.

NY

NYC/LI: No mustard
Upstate: Mustard

ketchup is nasty

doesnt matter what im eating i dont eat ketchup, french fries, hot dogs, burgers it dont matter to me

all i use is mustard

my girl thinks im crazy but i have noticed mustard only or just both is more popular around here then in florida where i once lived which is really the only place i can compare to

soo TX: mustard on burgers for sure, what-a-burger which is the only texas fast food chain puts only mustard on thier burgers and they put a hefty amount on btw

so for me and for TX in general you will prob get mustard on your burger as much, if not more, then just nasty red ketchup

of course you put mustard on it..ketchup too but the tangyness of the mustard goes perfect with it

Atl... Most people down here will probably have both mustard and ketchup ontheirburgers. Yesterday being labor day and all, everyone was cookin out and had just that. I mean, the McDouble even has both.

When it comes to ketchup on fries, that's when I get nasty with it. A large fry from Mcdonalds, I need at least 8 packs of ketchup to be satisfied!

And if you really want to see me get pissed off, go ahead and put mayo on my burger.

Location: east coast, Canada. mustard is a necessity for burgers. Burger king even puts mustard on their burgers (yes i have eaten there). But nooo you can't put ketchup on mcdick's fries lol i've always hated it but will have ketchup with any other fry, seems hypocritical but i can't help it. For me, it's like seeing someone put ketchup on their chicken.

I think it's interesting to note the differences between fast food places across different regions. If there's a big enough difference in taste from one region to another then the fast food companies will pick up on it.

I once had a friend who was very cheap and substituted cheap barbecue sauce for ketchup/mustard lol; i warned him but he didn't seem to care. He also ate hot dogs made out of chicken, with bbq sauce. The chicken dogs were also boiled to perfection.

Location..: Alabama.
Yes, what we do here is mix together mustard and ketchup in a bowl ( and mayo if u like that nasty shit), add hot sauce, or bbq sauce w.e. stir around, and use a spoon to apply to the burger, or hotdog.
The hotdog places around here have a special type of sauce they put on the hotdogs, and hamburgers ALWAYS have mustard on them unless told not to.

New England - primarily Mass and New Hampshire / Maine.

Fuck yes. Mustard, ketchup, onions, lettuce, relish/pickles is standard on burgers here.

in wisconsin, mustard was common but by no means universal. often times there would be ketchup and mustard, occaisonally just ketchup

in new mexico, there is almost mustard cause all our burgers have green chile on them, and mustard + green chile is heaven....also, sometimes people mix mustard and mayo on burgers here, which to me is just plain gross

Ohio
Shit I never even bother thinking about this shit. When I make my own burgers I just pile whatever I feel like on it, usually including mustard. What are we talking about though? Fast food places, restaurants, or just everywhere? When I think about it i'm pretty sure Burger King puts mustard on their burgers but Mcdonalds doesn't, at least I don't think. I haven't eaten a fast food burger or really even a restaurant burger in atleast 4 or so months. Never talked to friends about it, though some of those fuckers, i'm pretty sure load their burgers up with mustard. Hot dogs always have mustard. The good kind though, fucking spicy ball park style(weird fact: just looked up ball park mustard and the stadium mustard wiki says its mainly from Northern Ohio and the Cleveland area where I happen to hail from). I personally load everything up though, relish, onions, mustard, ketchup,pickles, the works!

i live in northern ohio, and i personally just dont like mustard. but people here do put it on hamburgers and hot dogs and stuff.

I personally don't care for any condiments on anything really.

Barbecue sauce is the exception on barbecue.

But otherwise, yes, I know many who love mustard.

Mustard on burgers is gross. Like Tommy, when downstate where things are normal, it is not present...as soon as you get to the outskirts of Rochester on the NYS thruway, there is mustard everywhere! Ugh, super yuck, I usually say "without mustard (living in WNY for 6 years)" but I forgot a few times. It just, doesn't work. Yuck. Gross on fries too.

course mustard is gross on fries, but it is heaven on burgers...its ketchup thats gross

dont use ketchup for fries, mustard only for everything for me

my girlfriend says i look like slingblade when eating french fries with mustard btu i dont care

mmmmm, french fried taters :)

Connecticut- If you go to a mcdonalds or something you'll get mustard, if you go to a real burger joint, some do and some don't (usually they'll ask if they plan to use mustard) but when I picture a real burger I just think cheese onion ketchup, sometimes lettuce and tomatoes. I can't fucking stand mustard. I personally hate the shit. Get a lot of places putting mayo on them lately too which is odd, but it doesn't really bother me that much.

EDIT: I am addicted to ketchup more than alcohol and opiates combined.

In Cali a lot of places put thousand island. They also put mayo, mustard and ketchup. I don't like condiments that much, just a little ketchup so I always have to ask "No mayo, no mustard, no thousand island, no secret sauce, no ketchup, just a few ketchup packets." that way I can put the right amount that I like. Also I had a burger with A-1 sauce and a chili pepper and sour cream, it was most tasty. Oh, my wife loves peanut butter with extra pickles on her burgers, she says it's very yummy, but I haven't tried it myself.

i bet you guys and girls who dont like mustard on their burger, puts ketchup on their hotdogs

thats a sin in chicago if you put ketchup on a dog..

and if yall get a chance to order duck fat fries...jump on it, pay the $5 for the order of fries, cause it is worth every penny..they serve them here in chicago at a place called hot dougs and at a couple good steak houses..a local favorite at hotdog/hamburger/italian beef joints is a thing called BG fries or butter garlic fries..my god it makes me drool just thinkin about them

^ I put mustard on my hot dogs, but def not on my burger.

It must have to do with growing up in an area that never puts mustard on the burger, because everyone I know that tried mustard on a burger for the first time, absolutely hated it.