• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Music Enhancer!!

like others have mentioned... mdma and lsd are probably the top contenders.
Methylone was almost as good as mdma...

But i couldn't disagree more with whoever said ketamine... it's the only drug i've ever experienced that made music sound terrible. (of course, a few small bumps of k while on other substances like mdma or methylone does work alright.. but not ketamine by itself.)

Ketamine, at a decent dose, deconstructs the music so that I can listen to each part of the song as an individual track and pay attention simultaneously. It really is Godly!

However, the music does sound very different and can be a bit too warped to enjoy some tracks. Mushrooms for me would enhance my music appreciation, without changing the music itself.

LOL yeah. And RnB makes me wanna poke my ears out with a rusty fork too. :!

Oh man. The people I work with are all into the hip-hop R&B shit. They play it in the lab whenever they put on music. Drives me up the wall. Worst part of it is when I'm not at work some songs replay in my head! :! EVEN worse: weekend before last weekend in the middle of an MDMA/2C-T-2 experience that goddamn "day and night" rap song began playing in my head. :!

That shit is toxic and it's polluting my environment and my mind! :!

Im a jazz musician.
In a very serious way id like to say that for me its lsd, hands down.

Nothing comes even close.

If you take a shitload it fucks up the music and turns your head into an audio-visual jungle gym.
On the right dose though, the music becomes a living thing.

Just ask john coltrane....lol
For me, music is one of the purest expressions of the unmoved mover especially when we are talking improvisational music.

Mushrooms and ayahuasca may make music more emotional for me when compared to lsd.
Lsd provides me with certain listening tools though.

Like cosmic interwoven rubberbands pushing and pulling on eachother with pure intention, much sympathy for each counterpart, and pure love no matter how sad the tune is.
Jazzy acid heads probably know what im talking about.

Lsd also does a number on my perception of the primal logos.
I hear music speak.

My favorite songs are "willow weep for me" by grant green, and "our song" played by art pepper.

Find those songs.
They can show you things.
No lyrics, but they definitely speak.

Never tried LSD but a solid, visual-inducing dose LSA (in the form of HBWR) made music pretty damn amazing for me. I now "get" the grateful dead.

However, the music does sound very different and can be a bit too warped to enjoy some tracks. Mushrooms for me would enhance my music appreciation, without changing the music itself.

Personnally, I enjoy a lot mushrooms in a silent environnement. I can create my own music inside my head.

Surprised no-one's suggested 2cd, as it's its music-enhancement properties which stand out for me.

DiPT is the obvious answer, imo. But any psychedelic makes music a wonder really.

MDMA combined with 2-CB and ketamine...and the visuals are fucking awesome to, just go easy on the K

dob is best.... but it is really close compared to high dose lsd or lsd + mushrooms combo.Time slows down more on high dose lsd,but dob "music vision" and super sharp hearing is better in my opinion,more intense.Mushrooms + lsd ...I cant really describe it very well but it was like listening to music in dream... very weird dream.Each is best in their own discipline,but for pure intense audio visual pleasure of senses,dob is best,you think human ear cant hear frequencies bellow 20 hz? try dob ;)

I think dob is best becose I am dnb maniac,but if you like other music styles,like psytrance,high dose lsd is better.

Last edited:
As a musician and lover of most kinds of music I'd have to say LSD wins in all categories. However, if I had to break it down into categories I'd say that LSD is certainly better when it comes to MAKING music/interpreting music/doing anything intelligently with music (not to say it and other psychedelics aren't amazing for listening to music though!), but I've always found the dissociatives (K, dxm) to be the best for straight enjoyable listening. These drugs allow me to more or less unify myself with the music, and it consumes me. I agree with the poster above who said that it allows you to hear individual tracks separately. I will also agree that it does warp the music a bit, but I've always found that was rather enjoyable. However, I do like strange music.

One album in particular is by this band Low called Drums and Guns and for whatever reason they mixed the vocals only in the right ear (and I was listening on headphones). While on a fairly strong dose of K this gave me the impression that the music was constantly moving sideways and for the entire album i felt like I was on a carousel spinning around and around. Amaaaazing :). I've also had many good experiences creating music on Ketamine just not during the peak.

*edit* The reason I didn't include drugs like 2cd,2ce, 2ct2 is simply because I haven't done them enough, but I found music to be rather enjoyable on them - specifically 2c-e. The combination of 2ce+lsd was beyond words and highly recommended.

I guess it's whatever floats your boat.IMO all drugs give you a new appreciation of music.
What do you mean by enhancer?Listening to music on MDMA will be the greatest thing you've ever heard.But on LSD, for me, is more spiritual than the hollow happiness of ecstasy.
Listen to Imagine by John Lennon on lucy and you'll cry.(at least i did)

yea the first time I heard that song I was peaking on 500 Morning Glory seeds the euphoria was so intense I passed out not even kidding.

2ci made music very magical to me much better then music on mdma. I think music on mdma is a little overrated sorry :( LSA by all means has made music sound the best for me.

for me it depends whether i want to make music or just listen. for listening, stuff like 2c-e or 2c-d could indeed be ace, but i do not feel comfortable tripping while performing. so, when i play live music i tend to use 4fa or coca leaves (or indeed both) and then I snort some k and smoke some ganja. perfect.

i would say 2ce or LSD. i've tripped more recently on 2ce, so that is freshest in my mind. my first few acid trips made music sound great, but on 2ce it was AMAZING. my closed eye visuals were intimately linked to the music. they would change as the song changed. the songs are like they are meant for me only.

i've probably had higher doses of 2ce though.

and only other psychs i've had are shroooms and 2cb.

no mdma, dpt, dox, 4acodmt, ketamine....

have none of yall used AMT?? it takes the cake easily. LSD and mushrooms are great when ur actually making music, but nothing, i mean nothing will penetrate ur soul like the music does on AMT

because you asked this in the psych forum you get biased answers. everyone knows the best music enhancer is caffeine + dimenhydramine combo.

DOM is really great for music I found out recently. So is 2C-E. The two combined had a really bizarre effect of lowering the pitch of the music sort of like DiPT, but also changing the character of it completely.