Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question shroomers. So I dried some shrooms out about 5 months ago in a dehydrater and then in a sealed bag. But they're starting to become a little damp again. Can I dehydrate them agian? Or am I better off taking them asap or just leave em. I am hoping to have a trip some time in December. Advice team.

If u have dried em properly there usually is no need to dry them again. Dont use a dehydrator next time, use calcium chloride its so much better. U can re dry them but u would of lost potency.

^ damp? Probably not fully dried, I'd eat them before they go mouldy.

Maybe open the bag and have a smell, that's what I go by with stored shrooms. My ones from last season are still cracker dry.
One year when I didn't dry them properly they stank horrible once the bag was open, them ones got thrown out.

Sounds like they haven't been stores properly. Zip lock bags are not suitable for long storage. The plastic breathes. Use glass jars or vacuum sealed storage bags. Chances are they are already ruined. I wouldn't eat them.

i bet you would eat them so long as they weren't fury with green mould...maybe even so!

agreed, ziplock bags wont and don't cut it!

If you are going to store them in zip locks (for lack of better alternative) double bag them and put some desiccate in the outer bag (not touching the mushies). You can store them in humid environments without worrying about the moisture getting into them.

You have to go to a hardware store to get dessicant (ask for damp rid) so you might as well get a decent storage container while you're at it. Dessicant has a half-life depending on humidity and other enviromental factors.

Only cyanescens grow where I am, and I don't have much experience with them. I'm not sure if the high is the same as cubensis at all.

the rains are ere...not long now till the fairies build their rings =D

I'd prefer them then my own piss.

My piss contained a large quantity of non-detereorated psychedelic drugs. The mushrooms probably contain severely compromised psilocybin. I'm not sure if you've ever had many "infected mushrooms", but it's not pleasant. Heightened body load, strange side effects, little recreational value. Definitely not worth it for some psilocybin. Muscaria, on the other hand, I would honestly eat one of my fingers - if that was the only way I could have another transcendental journey. Assuming you haven't had Iboga, Ayahuasca or Muscaria - you have never experienced the upper echelon of drugs. Nothing you have experienced comes remotely close. Not meth. Not heroin. I would trade every drug I have ever taken for one Muscaria trip. So, yeah, I'm happy to drink a bit of piss. Small price to pay.

Like mentioned above never ever eat shrooms that u suspect are "off" bacteria and moulds are toxic at microscopic levels even if the mold isnt visible thats not to mean its safe to consume. Next time just dry them until they literally snap when u break one. Also only use baggies (if u must) when the shrooms are completely dried. Decsissent is a waste of time IMO if they are properly dried, once they are like crackers u will never have to worry about them if its sealed airtight in a jar for example.

Anyone here picked Psilo cyans or azurescens during a rainy winter in the northwest USA?

rain damn it.

Indeed

ITS been a while but im back in the bush and keen for the 'season' to start :)

I dont think where I am is going to do too well this year. Unless it rains for like 4-5 days straight.
REALLY REALLY DRY.
Also will this el-nino or whatever shift and therefore 'warmer/dryer' weather affect overall (national) yields?
FYI I used to do gold tops/Blue meanies when here last..years now. And since then The my usual paddocks are empty :(
^^
(Not sure which one or if the same?(Golden top bruised blue..)

So ittl'e be a gamble this year. Just looking for tha rain and rain and heat and rain and sun :)

(All I see is sun sun sun cloud sun)

Do the spores stay alive long? Lots of new paddocks to venture in. Should i be looking for a particular cow?
(I was told that pregnant cows are the best for shrooms - is this true)

Also The last time I had some I was a little to late and the mushie was past its peak..but I still ate it.
Didnt do me very well. Forget what happend but me thinks it made me a little ill..
no trip or smile to be had.. does potency decrease as said mushroom gets older/bigger/wiser??

anyway im going to find something more practical to do. Cheers

Anyone here picked Psilo cyans or azurescens during a rainy winter in the northwest USA?
this is an Australian thread Coolio...there could be some aussies that have gone picking in the states but pretty unlikely.

hows things in the states, you east or west coast?

we have psilo cyans here but not azurescens as far as im aware...well there could be some growing in cupboards but unlikely in the wild.

Indeed

ITS been a while but im back in the bush and keen for the 'season' to start :)

I dont think where I am is going to do too well this year. Unless it rains for like 4-5 days straight.
REALLY REALLY DRY.
Also will this el-nino or whatever shift and therefore 'warmer/dryer' weather affect overall (national) yields?

Yes the shift in temperature and rain patterns will affect the overall yields.

FYI I used to do gold tops/Blue meanies when here last..years now. And since then The my usual paddocks are empty :(
^^
(Not sure which one or if the same?(Golden top bruised blue..)

Gold tops (Psilo Cubensis) and Blue Meanies (most commonly Pan Cyans in Australia) both bruise blue. Actually the majority of magic mushrooms will show blueing.

Do the spores stay alive long? Lots of new paddocks to venture in. Should i be looking for a particular cow?
(I was told that pregnant cows are the best for shrooms - is this true)

Spores are hardy little fellows in their natural environments. Some can stay viable for years before conditions are right to grow. I don't think they type of cow matters.

Also The last time I had some I was a little to late and the mushie was past its peak..but I still ate it.
Didnt do me very well. Forget what happend but me thinks it made me a little ill..
no trip or smile to be had.. does potency decrease as said mushroom gets older/bigger/wiser??

As the mushroom gets older, if it's not dried and stored correctly, it will decompose and the internal cell structure becomes weaker allowing the psilocybin/cin to breakdown. This leads to a huge loss in potency. IME shrooms picked at the end of the season tend to be less potent than those picked in the prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.