• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Most disassociative drug

2c-t-7 is one of my favorite psychedelics so far. Shrooms still beat it though. I'm going to try 2c-t-2 next. Very close chemically, hopefully the trip will be as good. As far as what I said above about the dissociation though, this was after the peak, towards the end of the long plataeu of 2c-t-7. It was definately the pot that set this off. For me though, pot completely changes the character of any trip. Most of the time I enjoy tripping more without it, the paranoia and dissociation just seem to take away from it. It went great with 2c-t-7 though, just expect to feel like there's a glass wall between you and the world about 100 feet thick.

ive had out of body experiances from PCP, DXM, Shrooms, Ecstacy (it wasnt MDMA), and the most intense Ketamine

you are right, 2c-t-7 and MJ is VERY dissociative. I felt like I that scene in Being John Malkovitch, where he is seeing out of someone else's head.

I think this question is a little vague which is why the answers differ so much. There are several things to think about: potency, strength of experience, how pleasureable it is. I think just about every substance mentioned and then some can be just as dissociative as the other it just depends on how much yer willing to take. Taking alot of some of these can lead to terrifying experiences.

^^^
And anxiety/panic attacks, nausea, sometimes vomitting, increase in pulse and blood pressure, and chest pains from harsh smoke.

Amrita said:
Except pot, overdoses of which lead mostly to sleep.
^you need better pot!

anyway, for me the most disassociative drug i've ever done is Salvia D. but then again i have never tried PCP or Ketamine. i'm not much into disassociative drugs, which is why my experimentation with DXM in the early 90s was very short lived.

4th Platau DXM is rediculous

DXM (800mg+) is arguably the most intense experience on the planet. Salvia or DMT just don't last long enough. Ketamine is good but clearly different. DXM is a truly prowerful dissociative and hallucinogen. unfortunately the effects have an "evil" nature to them in the higher plateaus. I have been convinced that I was going to die and experienced extremely scary visuals. LSD is the most fun drug ever and often the most rewarding, but LSD is no where near as dissociative as high doses of DXM. I don't care how white your fluff is, DXM is much more "out of body" Personally I don't enjoy this out of body experience all that much. LSD seems to be more of an ego loss, instead of a body loss. LSD is much more enjoyable. But if you want to get dissociated with your body go with DXM.

The best way of obtaining a recreational dose of DXM is from a chemical supply company. Or the cough syrup method works too. Just be careful of formulas containing other drugs besides Dextromethorphan. Robotuson maximum strength cough has no other problematic ingredients. This is a good choice. Drink 4oz for a good experience. 8oz to really get the picture. They also sell Robotuson maximum Strength Cough Capsules. I would imagine this would be better than chugging down a couple bottles of syrup.

For me, virtually any dose of DXM above the 2nd plateau feels more like poison than dissociation. I mean don't get me wrong, of course it's dissociative, but the side effects I get completely outweigh any value of the experience. 350mg is about my max dose, and I almost always combine it with something else to make it more interesting.

Blah. I wish to god I could get some K and try that instead.

Maybe mk-801 will turn out to be worthwhile (and reasonably safe), but so far I'm skeptical.

Just my opinion, but DXM gets old fast. It also has a lasting tolerance. Its not worthless at all, but the kind of stuff I'd use on a rainy day when nothing else is around. Its kind of like after I got broken in I needed a lot more for that out of body trip. I now need about 1200mg, more than 3 4oz. bottles maximum strength. Just too much for my stomach. Powder worked, but I agree that the side effects just add up, and my medication interacts too (it seems like everything does). Tried K twice nasally, got a buzz but not much more, probably because of my allergies.

Is 2ct2 dissociating, like 2ct7, or no?

I'm debating between getting 20g DXM and having $60 left over, or getting 500mg 2ct2.

I havn't tried 2c-t-2 yet, but just doing the math, you'd get atleast as many trips from the 2c, IMO they would be higher quality, more entertaining (just generalizing from my 2c experience), and far less side effects. About that John Malkovich effect from 2c-t-2, from what I've tried, some good kind bud and a water bong would probably go great. :) But my experience so far with 2c's also tells me that even an atom or two difference and these chemicals can have very different effects at different doses. (ex., 2c-i wan't very mind blowing at any dosage)

Not to avoid your question, anyone have a dissociative experience with moderately high doses of 2c-t-2?

I'm 4th Plateau difficient. No matter how much DXM I take I can never reach it I usually just end up passing out and I don't remember much of anything

I notice this same effect. Sometimes I dose and then all I remember is a few foggy images, like a dream, and then I wake up on the floor somewhere wondering what damn day of the week it is. I'm not sure if caffeine or a mild stimulant would be good. I read something about alpha-2 agonists increasing the Olney's lesion effect. I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure just about any stimulant would increase either adrenaline and/or alpha-2 receptor activation. Then again, if you go to the erowid page on DXM, there's another article saying Olney's lesions don't occur. This whole Olney's lesion hypothesis sounds like another MDxx: no one really knows what dosage, combos, or environments might permanently damage the brain.

I'll admit I ended up with anxiety, loss of short-term memory and focus, and emotional instability when I started using drugs. But slowly with my years of experimentation I began to filter out which ones were the real culprits, and how often and how much I could get away with. Ironically, it turned out most of my problems went away when I took a 2 year break from pot, supposedly the most harmless.

Anyway, DXM is not very consistant at creating 4th-plateau experiences, and this is probably due to the whole list of other receptors it effects, the way it disrupts metabolism, and just by looking at the way it mixes with others I can tell this isn't just a dissociative.