• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ More drug busts (2000-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a Canadian Mimosa Hostilis rootbark vendor; to be clear they got 120kg of MHRB not raw DMT. I was talking to someone familiar with the case and apparently the guy thinks he can beat it.

Goddamn. I don't live too far from here. What a bunch of assholes for calling this vendor of a legal herb a drug dealer in the media!!

I hope that he does get through it without a record!

I was about to say as soon as I read that, they mean MHRB, right?

I was pretty doubtful that someone would have 120kg's of DMT. It just doesn't add up if you know anything about DMT and the market for it.

Even though MHRB is legal, is it possible that they can show intent for drug manufacture?

If he had the necessary solvents and acid/base on hand, maybe. But if he was a vendor and that was just a wholesale shipment coming to him for resale, I would hope they can't prove intent to manufacture. The damn plant is legal. It is such a clear demonstration of how ridiculous the outlawing of naturally-occurring chemicals is. Not that I think those are inherently better than man-made chemicals, but the law is at least intelligible in their case.

So the pole ice think you need 8.72 grams of mimosa bark for a trip? Good to know. At only 1.75 a gram? Wonderful, thanks for doing the math for us, RCMP!

I'm sure you can get a lot better results from Joe Street Dealer than ~8mg of DMT* for $15 (50mg for $85?!@!)... where the fuck they pull these drug figures out of is a good question.

*average extraction yield of 1%

What a shame, with so much wrong in the world, that the police are going after this, one of the most beautiful and amazing plants on planet earth.

sekio: you're off by a factor of ten. there are 1000 milligrams in a gram, not 100. but even so, the price is still absurd.

The first time I took ayahuasca, I used 6 grams of MHRB (plus 3 grams of Syrian Rue).
My experience report is here, on Erowid.
It was very, very strong for me (though my friend, who weighs the same as I do, had only a weak trip - I did not vomit, and he did, which may have made the difference).

The next time, I took 4 grams of MHRB and 2 grams of S.Rue, and it was still quite strong, and exciting.

Very enlightening, very humbling, very wonderful experiences.
I think that the world would be a much better place if more people knew about ayahuasca / DMT, and it were easy to use it, with proper education beforehand.

One day, I would love to say "I would never vote for someone for president if they haven't experienced ayahuasca".

I think psychedelics would be great for potential presidents. They might choose to do go in the world rather than to do what will get them reelected. They would reach a certain level of awareness that is seemingly tough to reach without psychedelics. I think meditation is also really good for this purpose.

(BUST) Heroin 'Bricks' Seized, 5 Charged In A Jersey To Pittsburgh Heroin Ring

gents investigating a New Jersey to Pittsburgh heroin ring seized more than 1,000 bricks of heroin during seven raids early Sunday.

Five people have been charged in federal court with conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance.

According to an affidavit filed in the case, the investigation began after an informant went to agents with the Drug Enforcement Administration. The informant served as a courier in December 2008, picking up $450,000 in cash from this area and later returning from New Jersey with 3,000 bricks of heroin.

A single brick contains 50 doses of heroin, the complaint said.

DEA Agent Scott M. Smith, who wrote the affidavit, said that members of the organization regularly met at the Red Lobster on Business Route 22 in Monroeville.

The complaint includes several references to surveillance conducted during the investigation. In one instance from June, agents saw the alleged leader of the organization, Anthony Hester Sr., of Plum, manipulating the ceiling of a Mitsubishi Montero in the parking lot.

The Montero was registered in New Jersey to Russell Fluker, who also is charged.

On Oct. 19, officers with the Readington, N.J., police department made a traffic stop on the vehicle. Inside the hidden compartment, officers said they found almost $27,000 in cash and 10 stamp bags of heroin.

During additional surveillance conducted last week, agents saw Mr. Fluker and another defendant, Natonya Huff, enter the Extended Stay of America hotel, also in Monroeville.

Investigators saw them carry several bags into the hotel on Saturday. Early on Sunday morning, agents executed seven separate warrants, including one on Room 225 of the hotel.

"During the execution of this search warrant, it took several moments for investigators to make forced entry into the room," the affidavit said.

When they got in, agents noticed a cut on Ms. Huff's hand, and a screen was missing from the hotel window.

Source:
Well that sucks for our PA people..............
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/region/heroin-bricks-seized-5-charged-240403/

Houston's record breaking heroin bust

Officer helps disabled motorist, finds $1.7M in meth, heroin

by Andrew Horansky / KHOU 11 News
http://www.khou.com/news/Officer-helps-motorist-finds-17M-in-meth-heroin-159124315.html
Posted on June 14, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Updated Thursday, Jun 14 at 7:20 PM

HOUSTON –One of Houston’s biggest heroin busts ever almost happened at random.
Police said on Wednesday a drug smuggler had broken down on a road in northwest Houston, when a Houston Police Department officer stopped to assist. When the officer called for a tow, the suspect slipped away.
The man had been driving a white Ford Mustang and left it behind. Growing suspicious, the officer searched the vehicle and discovered that the back bench was loose.
When he removed it, he found 15 kilos of methamphetamine and 17 kilos of heroin.
“Fifteen kilos is a larger volume of meth for this area,” said an HPD investigator who did not want to be identified. “But the heroin essentially tripled the previous record held by HPD, which was in the neighborhood of 7 kilos of heroin—so we’re talking about three times the previous amount.”
Officers said the drugs had a street value of more than $1.7 million. They are certain that they came from Mexican drug cartels.
Now they are trying to determine exactly who was involved and where the drugs were headed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course the cops do their fucked up multiplication to reach that figure...I don't know how much meth or h costs but I do know that cops are notorious for making their busts look way bigger in terms of figures.

Surely on the street that's not such a high figure?

I imagine the product was uncut too.

Of course the cops do their fucked up multiplication to reach that figure...I don't know how much meth or h costs but I do know that cops are notorious for making their busts look way bigger in terms of figures.

Surely on the street that's not such a high figure?

I imagine the product was uncut too.

Exactly. I don't think LEO accounts for products being cut at distribution and dealer levels of sale and for larger sales. They just take the highest street price for the smallest amount you can buy on the street and multiply that by the amount seized. Inflating the numbers for the "street value" just makes the law enforcement agencies feel better about themselves.

That being said, 15 kilograms (33 lb) of methamphetamine and 17 kilograms (37.47 lb) of heroin is still...a lot of drugs.

The guy who used a shotty car for this much weight probably has a death sentence now, the tweaker are going to think he's working with police and the dope guys are going to be really pissed.

Wow. It's really sometimes crazy how this shit goes down every day somewhere in the country. That's a lottttt of dope. Shit, I think that amount would seriously be good for at least 2 people as a lifetime stash, even if they were shooting dope. So, 17 kilos is 17 thousand grams? That's enough for a gram a day habit for 46.57 years, that's enough to do it for a long ass time any ways. Haha. But shit, that's pretty G of the dude who got away to slip out like that. Sucks that he had to lose that load and I bet his body is somewhere in the desert between Monterrey and the Chihuahua desert in ol' Mexico without a head right now because of it.

Hypothetically speaking were I to stumble across this car in an alternate universe I would totally sell the meth off and buy more dope and fund an exotic lifestyle living hedonistically smoking a ton of herb. Find some gay tweak dealer and just sell to him, keep it safe or something lol. I wonder what it's like for the dudes at the top of the cartel to just be writing shit off. They have to look at it from a whole numbers standpoint eventually, that there's going to be at least a certain percentage of the shit trying to go over the border getting seized no matter what, say, 20-25% and in reality this number is probably way smaller somewhere closer to .5 or at most maybe 5% of all stuff, depending on borders and localities.

When he removed it, he found 15 kilos of methamphetamine and 17 kilos of heroin.
“Fifteen kilos is a larger volume of meth for this area,” said an HPD investigator who did not want to be identified. “But the heroin essentially tripled the previous record held by HPD, which was in the neighborhood of 7 kilos of heroin—so we’re talking about three times the previous amount.”
Officers said the drugs had a street value of more than $1.7 million. They are certain that they came from Mexican drug cartels.
Now they are trying to determine exactly who was involved and where the drugs were headed.

I bet he didn't want to be identified because he doesn't want the cartel coming after him for the drugs that weren't reported. There were probably 20 kilos of each, and only the cartel and the police officer know that, so that's why he wants to remain anonymous.

Status
Not open for further replies.