• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Microdosing possibly overplayed, not as effective as macrodosing, or at all

I don't really believe in microdosing either, i did some single blind experiments with my roommate and was unable to pick which days were microdoses and which were placebo.
I'm torn because this is almost certainly the path forward for legalization, like how med pot opened door for legal weed. I think a lot people are going to end up disappointed though. I saw some company selling watered down bottles of 4-aco-dmt on facebook and people complaining they must have "degraded" because it didn't work anymore, but these drugs all stop working if you do them too often. IMO you need full tolerance reset for microdoses too, but no one wants to wait 10 days to take an anti depressant. Macro dose works but i don't think heavy tripping on psychedelics too frequently is good for your mental health either.
5-meo-dmt is the only thing I have found is short and quick and has lasting positive effects YMMV

@finitelifeform
I disagree that, in a perfect world people would not take drugs.
also
I do not yearn for any perfect world concept. cannot get behind it at all! people are not perfect, and no concept of perfect is perfect.
In fact I think that we really have to do our best to oppose people who want to regulate others.
I like some drugs, because I enjoy their effects at the doses and frequency that I use them, and it's great that I can get away with it, without any fear.

When I was younger it was illegal to possess - now nobody gives a damn, and that is a huge improvement.

Reality is not toxic, some people's behavior is, some ideas are. Some parts of nature are toxic, and a lot of manufacturing byproducts are toxic, because of peoples bad ideas, bad concepts, watch out for it. you could easily be infected.

If you do become infected with toxic ideas, you might need to take lsd therapy.
The war on drugs is not just a toxic idea, it is the reality of what we are talking about. I am not referring to a cerebral explanation of reality but the reality in which we share that is influenced by politics, such as drug policy. When you talk about drug harm reduction and when you talk about drugs, that is what you are referring to; the toxic reality that consumes drug consumption and poisons our bond to drugs. It is nothing but toxic and it has been so since the start when people were getting HUGE sentences for possessing personal quantities of cannabis. Whenever you take drugs, most of them at least, you do so assuming the society you live in largely condemns and demonizes them, along with those who use them. That is pretty toxic. You run the risk of being a criminal everytime you take drugs. That is really toxic.

Its okay to admit it. And the more we do, the more closer we bring ourselves to the raw truth of the world we live in instead of trying to deflect responsibility for understanding what is going on like it belongs to someone or something else. And that is the major starting point, and thats just on your own individual level. When you expand out to the world as a whole, the severity of the whole thing is amplified massively. Thats that we are dealing with. Its just another narrative we have subconsciously moved to the back of our minds. A narrative that doesnt work but when its moved to the back of our minds we seek to make excuses for it.

I understand you may have mistaken what I meant. It might be difficult to want to read my essays! I get bored reading them myself! I never implied a perfect world nor does it imply regulating others, not in the way envision that to be; authoritarian.

That being said you need regulation and we regulate each other whatever way you put it. You will never be completely free. Assuming so means you can get away with anything. You can do anything you want. We all know you cant actually do anything you want not least without consequences. Regulation isnt a bad thing, its actually a good thing. Societies that are out of control lack proper frameworks for dealing with the problems within them. Regulation when done right is holding each other accountable and setting rules as to what is acceptable and what is not. If you start injecting heroin in the hallway of our apartment block I will repremand you. That is regulation. We need rules. If we dont have rules we would live in a very dark world. If you do your thing in your own space and dont affect others with your own personal choices, that is okay. Even without government as we know it today, we would still have regulation and rules. All societies throughout history have been regulated and there is structure in place. We never will live in a lawless Pollyana utopia because its not possible. Your mum had rules and set regulations. Your school did the same. As did the workplaces you have been with. Society functions based on these collectively agreed realities. We know what we can and cant do and for the most part, the rules are just.

You have to set standards otherwise you end up with the issues we see rampant around us today when there is no regulation and no accountability at the local level and beyond. Much of the issues revolve around broken frameworks and support infrastructure to accomodate what is a very human very natural thing for us to do. That being said it doesnt matter what you want to believe or envision possible, we will NEVER live in a world where all our very human and very natural things we want to do are not under the scrutiny, regulations and law in our society.

There are those who want a fairytale world and those who want a dystopian world. This is conditioned black and white all or nothing thinking based on polarizing and weaponized political narratives whereby we can only ever have two choices, and neither are usually what we really want. Both sides are scripted to push us away from realistic evidence-based policy, and that is deliberate. The more you can compromise someones awareness of a given situation in society, the less substantial argument and defense they have to challenge it. All you tend to think of is a very limited very superficial if not juvenile idea of what is going on. That serves politicians well because you are distracted and thats one less citizen cognizant of the real issues and unable to posit real solutions.

I completely relate to how it can be misintepreted to seem like it infers something negative and/or detrimental, but that is what drug harm reduction is about - not taking drugs. The end goal IS to not take drugs. As previously stated, this doesnt imply you are FORCED not to take them or will be punished if you dont stop, it simply implies the best solution to reduce harms in society is to not have people taking drugs at all. That is common sense really. "You cant take my drugs away! I want to take drugs!" Yeah, its NOT about that. Its not about coming down on people. Its about reducing harms and from a health and wellbeing perspective, from a medical and scientific perspective, you achieve reduced harms by obviously, reducing drug consumption. That reduction involves an ideal goal of no drugs being consumed.

That is how the system works. At least the drug harm reduction system taking shape today with a focus on aligning its values and mission with drug policy that actually works. If you listen to any expert in this field pushing for better drug policy, they all say the same thing.

I don't really believe in microdosing either, i did some single blind experiments with my roommate and was unable to pick which days were microdoses and which were placebo.
I'm torn because this is almost certainly the path forward for legalization, like how med pot opened door for legal weed. I think a lot people are going to end up disappointed though. I saw some company selling watered down bottles of 4-aco-dmt on facebook and people complaining they must have "degraded" because it didn't work anymore, but these drugs all stop working if you do them too often. IMO you need full tolerance reset for microdoses too, but no one wants to wait 10 days to take an anti depressant. Macro dose works but i don't think heavy tripping on psychedelics too frequently is good for your mental health either.
5-meo-dmt is the only thing I have found is short and quick and has lasting positive effects YMMV

So wait - were you taking the micros for depression or just trying it out?

there was an article about a couple months or so ago, about scientists figuring out how to remove the hallucinogenic properties of psychedelics

found it again - here it is:

and where's the line between micro and macro doses? like when do you decide this is micro and that's macro?

So wait - were you taking the micros for depression or just trying it out?

there was an article about a couple months or so ago, about scientists figuring out how to remove the hallucinogenic properties of psychedelics

found it again - here it is:

and where's the line between micro and macro doses? like when do you decide this is micro and that's macro?
0.1-0.5 grams max on average is a microdose I believe, but 0.5 is pushing into mini dose territory.

Even 1 gram is kind of mini dose. 1.5 to 2.5 is moderate. 3 and over is Macro, IMO.

0.1-0.5 grams max on average is a microdose I believe, but 0.5 is pushing into mini dose territory.

Even 1 gram is kind of mini dose. 1.5 to 2.5 is moderate. 3 and over is Macro, IMO.

so like if we're talking blotter, would that be about an 1/8th of a hit? and then a quarter would be macro?

The war on drugs is not just a toxic idea, it is the reality of what we are talking about. I am not referring to a cerebral explanation of reality but the reality in which we share that is influenced by politics, such as drug policy. When you talk about drug harm reduction and when you talk about drugs, that is what you are referring to; the toxic reality that consumes drug consumption and poisons our bond to drugs. ...
not when I talk about harm reduction.
when I talk about harm reduction I talk about reaching people who are either harming themselves or likely to harm themselves by dosing badly, or doing it in an inappropriate circumstance, and helping them turn what would be destructive into something that could be wonderful
OR
having tripped someone may, become cognitively snagged, harm reduction to me also means disentangling from the persisting loops or misapprehensions after they come down.
I never thought of any political side to this. I do appreciate those who have politically promoted cognitive liberty but that is not the harm reduction that this site is best known for. IMO

so like if we're talking blotter, would that be about an 1/8th of a hit? and then a quarter would be macro?
quarter tab is mini-dose
eighth or less is micro-dose
macro is more than one dose
where a tab is a nominal dose of 100 mics lsd

Well, I can only speak in micrograms. Really, 13 ug is a maximum for a true microdose, although even that isn’t sub-perceptual. Even 10 ug is perceptible to myself and others.

6 or 7 ug has often been hailed as an effective microdose.

15 above, especially 20 above, is more a mini dose.

25 is a mini dose too.

50, mmm….not quite a true macro dose.

Even 100 ug, I guess is like 2.3 grams shrooms maybe.

Macro to me is really 200 and above.

But 125 is decent, and 150 above is full on too.

Just how, I, personally see it.

At what point on the 24 hour trip do you start dancing like a motherfucker?

When the white of your eyes turns blue, is macro
latest

quarter tab is mini-dose
eighth or less is micro-dose
macro is more than one dose
where a tab is a nominal dose of 100 mics lsd

oh so there's a few in between micro and macro

so in order, it goes micro, mini, nominal, then macro?

these hits i have now are really potent - so a whole hit is pretty intense - most ive done on these is 1.5 hits and i was halookinatin my head off....i've done more than that but not all at once, so i don't count that - i think the only way to really count it, is how much was the initial dose...re-dosing, even if it's like an hour or 2 later, doesn't really cause the same effect as the initial all-in dose usually - for me anyway

is there a way to tell how much is actually on one blotter hit?

oh so there's a few in between micro and macro

so in order, it goes micro, mini, nominal, then macro?

these hits i have now are really potent - so a whole hit is pretty intense - most ive done on these is 1.5 hits and i was halookinatin my head off....i've done more than that but not all at once, so i don't count that - i think the only way to really count it, is how much was the initial dose...re-dosing, even if it's like an hour or 2 later, doesn't really cause the same effect as the initial all-in dose usually - for me anyway

Yes, lab testing will tell how much of a drug is present. Places like Drugs Data do lab testing. You also get national initiatives if international postage is an issue but that is if your government/local authorities have such programs running. Many countries have some form of drug testing services available for people to send samples in.

not without testing, however, you could cut a sliver off of one of those lovely super tabs, and call it a microdose
call half the tab your nominal dose
let the whole tab be a macrodose
and a minidose will be someplace between the sliver and a quarter of the tab

small pieces are hard to do exactly, AND the blotters usually have a variable density of drug per surface area.

(btw, is that hitler playing the banjo in your avatar?)

not without testing, however, you could cut a sliver off of one of those lovely super tabs, and call it a microdose
call half the tab your nominal dose
let the whole tab be a macrodose
and a minidose will be someplace between the sliver and a quarter of the tab

small pieces are hard to do exactly, AND the blotters usually have a variable density of drug per surface area.

(btw, is that hitler playing the banjo in your avatar?)

yea that's basically what i do....i just kinda guess what's what based on what i know from those hits already

i would say an 1/8th micro, 1/4 mini, 1/2 nominal, and 3/4 and beyond all macro

yup that's hitler jammin the banjo

HoXPCwb.gif
<--- i wish it moved liked that tho

That’s roughly how I’ve chopped it up in my head, going by experience.

Except I use Moderate instead of Nominal. I never use nominal at all. I expect it can be synonymous with Moderate but not explicitly.

There’s a middle range though, I call it No-man’s land, for me, mini is up to 50, 50-115 is still a territory I usually avoid by going higher or lower, 120 is just about over that and unquestionably macro.

But 100 I’m sure would fit a defitionary bill for a macro dose.

Enjoy your tabs too.

I redose a lot. But it’s always been a case of timing for me. Like several hours in, a redose can be masked and less consciously appreciable, until waves are more settled and a redose can feel like a new storm coming in whipping up a breeze.

If you have it on hand, large redoses can work surprisingly well.

But to dose 500 mics twice within 3 hours, tbh gives me as full a trip as a straight up 1000.

But there are differences though.

@AutoTripper i do not have a life that accommodates such high dosages, but I am sure it is lovely where you are
Hi. My life can kind of accommodate it as it’s so flexible, spontaneous and unchartered.

But I’m not handling my trips so easily lately. At a point, we need to put down what is in our hand, because we need both hands to make the necessary adjustments to lifestyles and situations.

I had some absolute mind blowing trips this year, 210 tabs in 20 weeks, recent ones were…1100, 600, 500 about 3 times, a 300, last was only about 1.77 tabs.

With a few smaller less memorable ones in between.

So I’ve been dropping doses. A good break is in order now.

I did have some mental fantastic trips though, beyond the 3D before me.

my redoses are all over the place - sometimes they don't do much, or so i think anyway, and sometimes they send me to the ultraworld

but yea i do have plenty to go larger on the redose....sometimes i regret it - usually when the sun comes up and the birds start chirpin and im like man i need to go to sleep but im wide awake - basically i gotta really keep an eye on myself because ill think im not tripping enough somewhere in the first 4 hours, even tho i am, and there goes another dose down the hatch

but overall, i do really like when a redose kicks everything back into gear.....so really my only complaint sometimes is that it's a little too long...i do prefer to trip at night for whatever reason and that almost always sends me to the morning anyway

and then i might only sleep like 3 hours but im hardly tired the next day like i would normally be if i only slept that short of a time - which i really like - and im in a great mood - always

i swear by acid - i think it's super good for me and it's the only drug that doesn't give me a hangover, or i don't feel bad about it even in the slightest

usually with the lower doses, i'll wanna do it again much sooner, where when i go higher dose, that's not the case