• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Microdosing possibly overplayed, not as effective as macrodosing, or at all

It all depends i guess, ive never really got much out of microdosing.

However i know several people who quit or seriously cut down their adhd meds with LSD instead.
Some people really gets into flow on 10-20ug.

Personally i dont really enjoy anything under 50ug.
Just gives me anxiety and a slight bodyload.

Mushrooms are better imo for microdosing, but i havent really done it enough to make a difference.
(However im probably going to try to combine it with elvanse to see if it mellows out the Speed)

I remember some interesting things about placebos, demonstrated in studies:
I've taken lots of mini/microdoses of various psychedelics. I've never thought of it as something I was taking for well-being, for me it's a way to tweak my day, and see through a different lens, get a different perspective on problem solving, enhance music. I'm 90% sure it's effective for all that, because when it isn't, I up the dose the next time until it is. But maybe it's all in my head? Well of course it is, where else would it be?!

I also do it to test out new chemicals before trying them at a bigger dose, to find where that threshold is. That's more of a safety and exploration thing, not really part of the microdosing discussion.

All in all, I agree that microdosing is overrated, and it's not something to do all the time for most people because of unknown risks of chronic use and unclear benefits.

Hmm that's fascinating if replicatable. It suggests that intention of someone other than the patient has an effect. Something I would not automatically disbelieve, but that claim requires some solid evidence.
It seems pretty intuitive to me; putting aside the possibility of magic/psy, the doctor who thinks they may be giving an active med will be subtly more convincing, whereas the doc who knows they're administering a placebo may subtly signal some deceit to the patient. People place a lot of faith in docs.

I've tried to find a study comparing double-blind placebo studies to single-blind placebo studies. This should tease this effect out. Didn't find it, but didn't look that hard either. It might be a pretty weak signal to pick up in studies, so maybe it's been tried and failed to produce results.

I tried microdosing with ALD-52 a few years back and didn’t notice anything.

We arnt going to get much research while they are all still class 1 drugs tho - anecdote will be the best we have for a while. Unless studies start in US states where mushrooms are legal

I think microdosing can have benefits - but its not the same benefits as a real trip.

I can't say that I can relate to much about the hipsters, but I'm suspicious about such a holier than thou attitude; and also about discarding everything about a group of persons because of their chosen fashion or style.

Dont knock the rock daddio!! Ive been a hipster since 1957 - aint gonna stop me now!

So lighting a joint and putiing it down and then only lighting it again said next day or two will be like microdosing weed? Like why?

No, microdosing weed would be like eating micrograms of it to the point that you didn't get high, only felt a slight modification to your thoughts. A single hit of weed is higher than a microdose. Same as how a half a hit of LSD is way more than a microdose. If you feel it overtly, it's not a microdose. A microdose is when it's sub-perceptual. Like 1/10 of a hit.

I wrote a post in this thread defending minidosing. However, I must admit that I'm highly conflicted about it.

Minidoses frequently and somewhat consistently help me think positively, act creatively, be kinder and more empathetic, and generally give me an energetic boost that allows me to act and be how I wish I would act and be. On the surface, it's hard to see the bad.

Once upon a time, when I was new to psychedelics, I had this idea that they might be able to help me change myself into who I thought I "should" be. However, there's a reason why people talk of "integration" being a critical part of the psychedelic path. If we wish for freedom and wholeness, and practice under the influence only, we'll probably succeed mostly at dividing ourselves further. We'll crystallize our double existence and effectively wedge ourselves between the sublime expanse and the cold ground.

I think this same risk is insidiously present in microdosing and minidosing as well, but it may actually be worse. Why? With a strong trip the user has no doubt about their altered state. With more subtle doses, however, one can be left feeling like they're "getting somewhere" without realizing that they're not standing on their own two feet. It's great to have energy, positive thinking, a feeling of love, etc, but how can a person possibly get anywhere unless they practice freedom when all those things seem absent: When they are feeling frustrated, limited... human. Does microdosing encourage such practice? I would suggest that it doesn't. At best it's neutral and at worst it's a distraction from the hard work of the path at your feet.

Anyway, I'm all talk since I'm going to continue doing what I do until I see that it's not working for me. We shall see.

Not even gonna try to get into this but tere is too many factors that can and do come into play I don't know what to say. I little of this. a little more of thsaat and ya cool. BUt mybe it is commercial. Delete if wanted. cool.
Peace

edit:
commercial part.... aimed at the controversies somebody gotta get apid to study it im down

due to unreliably doped blotters I have drifted to mini dosing and quite enjoy it. Microdosing was impossible, as occasionally the blotter piece was a blank and sometimes it is ok.
I think my last minidose was a near blank, I was so excited with my first 1/4 1cp lsd tab, then reordered and got ripped off with very lightly doped tabs, then I ordered liquid which was seized at the border. Fed up, so back to cutting mystery tabs.

I may have found an affiliate in Canada and am waiting for pellets from which I will make a liquid suspension, that I imagine can be evenly doped in order to continue my research in mini dosing. otherwise like @Listening I do what I do.

Lately I have been reading that microdosers are doing 4 days on and 3 off. I am interested to see what that is like with a more evenly made preparation.

due to unreliably doped blotters I have drifted to mini dosing and quite enjoy it. Microdosing was impossible, as occasionally the blotter piece was a blank and sometimes it is ok.
I may have found an affiliate in Canada and am waiting for pellets from which I will make a liquid suspension...
Why don't you make a solution using your blotters (that's what I do, and what I assume most people do). Surely easier than doing it using pellets...

I just drop my blotters into a known volume of whisky (you can also use PG)... I tend to do something like 0.3ml per microdose.

Why don't you make a solution using your blotters (that's what I do, and what I assume most people do). Surely easier than doing it using pellets...

I just drop my blotters into a known volume of whisky (you can also use PG)... I tend to do something like 0.3ml per microdose.
I had some great shredded blotter in distilled water 2 years ago, worked perfectly, I premeasured the fluid using the dropper and was able to dose accurately with a mix of 1p and a-lad - wanted to do same with 1cp but my order came as described.

I figure it is actually very hard to dope the blotters accurately, however I am certain that the little pellets can be made from a mixture that was well stirred.
with shredded paper I shook the bottle before getting a dropper and accepted the shreds of blotter as part of it. I suspect I will be getting a suspension in my shook up bottle when I get it going, and it should be good - I hope. wlll report when set up after first test.

I had some great shredded blotter in distilled water 2 years ago, worked perfectly, I premeasured the fluid using the dropper and was able to dose accurately with a mix of 1p and a-lad - wanted to do same with 1cp but my order came as described.

I figure it is actually very hard to dope the blotters accurately...
Ah maybe I had misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the problem of hotspots on a single tab (which is obviously not an issue if you are dissolving it in something). But I guess you're talking about totally bunk / poorly dosed tabs. Is this really common for non-street blotters (i.e. the analogs)? So far they've seemed consistent to me, but maybe I've been lucky.

FWIW, I don't think shredding is needed. Let it sit overnight and I'd imagine everything active will be in the solution.

I've always just thrown my blotters in with neat vodka and leave them there. Works a treat still using the vial I made 6 months ago with no noticeable loss of potency.

I'm quite fond of mini doses too. 25ug of acid with an espresso and a joint in the morning, delightful!

Ah maybe I had misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the problem of hotspots on a single tab (which is obviously not an issue if you are dissolving it in something). But I guess you're talking about totally bunk / poorly dosed tabs. Is this really common for non-street blotters (i.e. the analogs)? So far they've seemed consistent to me, but maybe I've been lucky.

FWIW, I don't think shredding is needed. Let it sit overnight and I'd imagine everything active will be in the solution.
it was a natural attempt to improve results of not shredding, or possibly just my ongoing journey to crushing pellets in order to get a standardized dosing kit.

For all of human history, most medicine has been placebo. That's still true today. Thank goodness it often works.

I'm not shit-talking. This was my graduate thesis. 😅

That said, I have had four friends that were really interested in microdosing to self-treat mental health issues. I helped them make their own accurately dosed solutions of ALD-52 or 4-AcO-DMT. They followed strict dosing schedules. None of them found any improvement. There's your sample size 4 anecdote for the day.

OK so my 10 tiny pink research pellets (like little antihistamines) arrived marked at 150ug 1plsd ea.
I thought it was to be 1cp, but glad they came, very very glad.
I put 2 away and smashed up 8 in a mortar and pestle then I added 48 droppers worth of distilled water, first by washing off the mortar of any pink dust,
and then stirring with the dropper to make a suspension or at least a slurry.
The crushed bits did not want to float but I kept at it, by pouring it into the dropper bottle then dropping in some of the pink water into the pestle stirring, and spilling it into the dropper bottle until the pestle was 99% clean.
the rest went on finger and into mouth.
My guesstimate was I ingested ~10-20Ug, certainly less than 1/6th of a tiny pill while cleaning the vessel.. why waste!!

An hour later I was definitely affected, speedy and altered, 2 hours later, the visuals effects are enhanced color and lights feathered on the streets. everything looks lovely, the mind is very philosophical, and I pondered this Yom Kippur theme of attempting to remember any promises made to G-d in the last year but not fulfilled. i.e. where I promise G-d something if only this works out or if that works out. And mostly there is very little of that nature, but perhaps I have to remember my terrific paypal order of cycling hats which arrived more pleasantly than expected, but that is not a situation where I was attempting to invoke anything else than the ordinary, I just had to do it three times. Mostly it was a year of nothing special, except my grandson was born last november, and though I promised my daughter I would pray, I mostly just imagined good health to the family for half an hour, at night in bed, and that is it (I don't do regular prayer, my relationship to the infinite is more like breathing eating drinking and thinking, etc.). I made no other promises to G-d, and by thinking about the fortunate birth now, I guess I am doing the Yom Kippur thing. why not!?) - see I got philosophical - I'm talking to myself 6 hrs later
So I will probably skip at least a day, and then test 1/2 dropper which should be ~12ug, to see how I like it, if it is anything like how it feels now, then 8 pellets could stretch into a hundred little sessions, almost a year.

my take at the moment is pellets are a way better deal than blotters, but it takes a lot of discipline to make a good dosing kit, and not waste any. but at least they should break in half easy and then work with 75ug hits (there is a depression across the middle on one side for this very purpose I am sure - great product).

Last edited:
OK, so having taken 1/2 dropper at ~12 ug, I can say this is a good method for making a microdose. I will probably take more later for my amusement, but the crushed pellets works fine (better IMO than shredding blotters)

A systematic study of microdosing psychedelics​

Vince Polito, Conceptualization, Data curation, Formal analysis, Investigation, Methodology, Project administration, Software, Validation, Visualization, Writing – original draft, Writing – review & editing1,* and Richard J. Stevenson, Conceptualization, Methodology, Writing – review & editing2
Danilo Arnone, Editor