• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Microdosing possibly overplayed, not as effective as macrodosing, or at all

Which drugs are you talking about finite? Theyve legalised pot and psilocybin - nothing changed as far as i can see - society carried on exactly the same except people took pot legally instead of illegally.

It didnt work for me - i prefer one real trip a week to 3 microdoses.

Daily I like a pinch of testosterone and hcg with cbd and ashwagandha - helps you work, rest and play.
+1 on the test!

Just makes life better in every way.

Do you cruise on a hrt dose or blast with higher doses sometimes?

Im usually on 200mg per week, then i do higher doses with additional compounds det around 3-4months per year.

I really like around 500mg eq with 350mg test as a blast.

Testosterone boys in da house!!😀 Taking the shit over!!

I just do trt doses - 9mg test a day and 100iu hcg a day. Never felt as healthy mentally in my life. You ever tried nandrolone with test? They say you can jump over a 5 barred gate.

Which drugs are you talking about finite? Theyve legalised pot and psilocybin - nothing changed as far as i can see - society carried on exactly the same except people took pot legally instead of illegally.
Not here in the UK. We are still behind with those new policies!

And you are talking about the least harmful drugs in society, which is convenient. What about the most harmful? Everybody can use weed as a comparison, or shrooms. Shrooms especially because of their really low harms. The reason why weed and shrooms are being legalized is because their harms are scientifically backed as being low. The evidence for this has been around for a long time. But in the same breath you havent mentioned any other drugs you know are more harmful. You only focused on two of the least harmful drugs.

Also, weed and shrooms are still regulated. Your government hasnt given you the keys to the pharmacy. And the harms, even if small, still exist. People will still seek psychiatric intervention from drug induced issues from both of these drugs. People will still commit crime under the influence. People will suffer economically, mentally, socially, physically, emotionally, psychologically. Drugs will always be tied to these issues. That is undeniable.

So nothing has changed, like you say. What has changed though is how you look at those particular drugs. The world is still both a great and a sh*t place to be, depending on what side of the equation you are on.

It would depend on what you see that change being and whether it is realistic and conducive with how our societies function. On the same street someone will be committing a serious crime under the influence of a powerful drug. On the same street you will still have poverty, discrimination, marginalization, crime, serious health issues, abuse/addiction. If you are judging global drug policy change on solely weed and shrooms then you are seeing only a small percentage of the bigger picture, which is something I have been saying in my posts time and time again.

I just do trt doses - 9mg test a day and 100iu hcg a day. Never felt as healthy mentally in my life. You ever tried nandrolone with test? They say you can jump over a 5 barred gate.
I tried a low dose of it once, but it gave me deca dick so i stopped quickly.

Also nandrolone makes you very bloaty, i dont want to be too big.
I train mostly for being stronger then i look.

I tried a low dose of it once, but it gave me deca dick so i stopped quickly.

Also nandrolone makes you very bloaty, i dont want to be too big.
I train mostly for being stronger then i look.
Deca increases prolactin which gives you "deca dick". You can counter it by using medications like caber (cabergoline). Also controlling e2 levels with an AI has an effect on prolactin levels too

Deca increases prolactin which gives you "deca dick". You can counter it by using medications like caber (cabergoline). Also controlling e2 levels with an AI has an effect on prolactin levels too

Yeah i know, but for me its not worth the Hassle.
I take bloods and check my levels of various things a couple times per year.

Id rather run a clean cycle avoiding ai's and other auxilary drugs.
I have aromasin att home just in case.

But on just test and sometimes EQ i dont need any AI.
Only time ive had any gyno issues was with test gel.

With weekly injections ive never has to bother.

Whats your hemacrit or whatever it is - your red blood cell count? Thats the one i keep hearing you should worry about - how do you get blood tests done? By an online place?

yea i question it but maybe it does work for some ppl? but most ppl microdose for depression right? im not depressed so that's why i can't say anything one way or another, but if they feel better, then it can't be wrong....i just don't know to be honest

but i would think a more moderate dose less often would work better IME
I microdosed MDMA for my ASD. I'm happy I microdosed for a long time before I fell in love with MDMA and started increasing my doses,
which overall was a dumbass move. I mean I am a dumbass, but even for me that was stupid.

Had me crashing into a deep fucking depression, that still sometimes just gets me, 9 years later.
At least the thoughts from back then sometimes come back and draw me into the abyss.

I'm a big supporter of microdosing, and I think it's important that the dose is not pleasurable..
but then again that is my own opinion based on my own experiences.
Maybe for depression it is better to macrodose, as pleasure is what you're looking for to treat depression.
But something like ASD, I would have freaked the fuck out if my first MDMA experience had been full power.

Interesting. What ROA for the test? (thinking in TRT gel ). What does the daily hcg do?

If you follow the conversation you will see I point out fairly clearly the difference between the fraudulent drug war and its failed policies, and the need for evidence based drug policy. One which DOES NOT, and I REPEAT, DOES NOT, seek to criminalize people who take drugs. I have said this several times now in posts I spent a significant amount of effort on writing.

You are speaking from a black and white perspective. One that only supports either being a good or bad person based on what side you are on, and not how valid your point is and whether it actually could be beneficial. If I seek to challenge the idea that there should be structure and that drugs are not safe nor harmless and they will, can and have harmed people since forever, then I am for prohibition? You are implying that if someone supports proper regulation it means punishment and criminalization. It does not. If I dont want needles in my community that kids could pick up and play with, just because I want there to be a lawful structure in place to protect others does not mean I want prohibition.

This super defensive "Dont take away our drugs! And if you support any sort of positive change then you are a threat to us" mentality is flawed and detrimental. The current drug policy needs to change but in its place wont be a policy that lets you do whatever you want. And if you think that, well, thats a very naive belief based on a world that doesnt exist nor ever will.

We shouldnt be demonizing people or drugs. We should be controlling them in the best possible ways, both people and drugs though. We need control. Our society is built upon hiearchies of control that for the most part, at least away from corrupting influences, works pretty well. I think some people have a really unrealistic and uninformed opinion about drugs that veers towards just blanket attacking anything or anyone that doesnt justify the destructions drugs can and will do. They seemingly want to live in a world where drugs are out of control and causing immeasurable harms to society but, hey, at least drugs are available. At least we can get high. Because thats the most important thing, right?

Obviously not. Society would crumble if we simply opened the taps and let go of seeking to hold up society. We wouldnt be a very caring and responsible society. There has to be a line drawn in the sand and I say that and I allow for A LOT of sh*t personally. I think I am extremely open minded and accepting but there is living in a romantic world where just letting people do what they want and we live happily ever after, and the reality. People will do harm to themselves and others. We will still have bucket loads of problems to deal with, lots of them. The crime, the economic damage, the social issues, mental, emotional, psychological etc. For all the freedom you give people, the fact is many will utilize that freedom to do the same things they did when those freedoms werent there. The question then becomes; what are the consequences? Its not rainbows and unicorns. You are dealing with the raw power and potential of drug use/abuse and its capability to either transform peoples lives or derail them completely.

You arent for prohibition if you see these REAL issues and want to find beneficial ways of tackling them WITHOUT, EMPHASIS AGAIN ON WITHOUT, criminalizing people and drugs.

I have studied psychotherapy (not actively a therapist, or anywhere near sufficiently qualified) and parts of addiction studies too. For all the positive reaffirming and nurturing environments established to accomodate peoples needs and their issues, there are also just as many boundaries, expectations and firm, sincere and well intentioned structures in place to ensure the client knows who owns responsibility for their core issues. For people perhaps not adequately trained in these lines of work, there can be a tendency sometimes to misinterpret and sometimes confuse the role of the authority figure in the relationship. And to assume it means to take on the baggage of others and be a scapegoat, a pin cushion, whipping post etc. To make excuses, be led down to the garden path, to not hold firm and address the issues and challenge them etc. No system we have in place, for and against the current drug policy supports such characteristics. People get help with their drug use/abuse but they are not considered exempt from their duty to recognize their issues and prevent them from affecting others. This is a form of shared responsibility in society. You talk about having volunteered for harm reduction organizations but you are not exposed to the dark realities of the underbelly of drug use/abuse, not as a volunteer. You can be a volunteer at a psych ward, doesnt infer you are treating the patients and know what is going on. You could be a volunteer at a football stadium but you arent playing with the professional A team. A volunteer is a pretty low level position, unless you volunteer as a trained/qualified professional. Its a little bit more complicated than the idealistic and restricted view into a vast world. A world that would scare the sh*t out of you if you were to step into the shoes of someone who is on the front line on a daily basis with some of the worst examples of abuse and addiction.

At the end of the day, your drug use/abuse is your responsibility. For all the support you can get, including better drug policies, there will never be a time when that responsibility doesnt belong to you. If you cant assume that responsibility then society will do instead. Again, that doesnt make me a prohibitionist.

I think you are interpreting a lot of things from a simple finding...

I microdosed MDMA for my ASD. I'm happy I microdosed for a long time before I fell in love with MDMA and started increasing my doses,
which overall was a dumbass move. I mean I am a dumbass, but even for me that was stupid.

Had me crashing into a deep fucking depression, that still sometimes just gets me, 9 years later.
At least the thoughts from back then sometimes come back and draw me into the abyss.

I'm a big supporter of microdosing, and I think it's important that the dose is not pleasurable..
but then again that is my own opinion based on my own experiences.
Maybe for depression it is better to macrodose, as pleasure is what you're looking for to treat depression.
But something like ASD, I would have freaked the fuck out if my first MDMA experience had been full power.
What do you call an mdma microdose? I wouldn't ever advise anyone take mdma everyday

What do you call an mdma microdose? I wouldn't ever advise anyone take mdma everyday
1 mg - 1 mg - 2 mg for example, stretched over 1 1/2 hours.
Started out once per week, became every other day, and for a short time in Spain every day.
However I don't know how long that short time really was, because we were all using Opium, Mdma, Speed, Acid, all the time, often poly use.
I think about a month? Opium only a few times though.

I just liked that mdma made me feel 'normal'.
Yknow usually I'm a cornucopia of weird ticks, weird questions, weird answers, well just weird.
And the mdma made me react to social stimuli in split second. Sure I still had some weird ticks, but everyone does on mdma :D
Felt like a superpower, that the faces that gave me no information whatsoever before were suddenly like open books

But overall I feel like I was successful, while I might suck at reading people online,
it has become marginally easier irl

I find mdma and eating decarbed sativa cannabis with additional cbd the two best treatments for muscle spasms.

It seems pretty obvious to me that full doses would have a greater effect on well being than microdoses, considering that they have a greater effect in general. I thought that the reason microdoses were ever of interest is not because they're more effective or even as effective as full doses, but because the chances of adverse effects is virtually zero and you can go about your daily life while on a microdose. So I don't really get the concern that started this thread. Personally I know that I can tolerate full doses well and that they are effective for improving my mental health and general well being. But many people who are not comfortable or not able (due to life circumstance etc) to use psychedelics in the traditional way can be benefited (at least slightly) by microdoses.

Microdoses only effective if interspersed with one or more macrodoses so you know where you're going.

Microdoses only effective if interspersed with one or more macrodoses so you know where you're going.
This is a really interesting suggestion. I'm one of those that, since having some good higher dose trips early on, seems to do well with lower doses of psychedelics. It doesn't take much to get me to that headspace (and sometimes even no drug at all). I wonder if this is one of the reasons that some people have better experiences than others with micro/mini-doses.

I've been taking about .5 grams every weekend for the last month and I definitely notice an antidepressant effect and way less headaches. I get about 5 headaches a week normally. I definitely feel that dose but it way less stoning than a couple of hit of a joint.

I don't think it's quite the silver bullet adherents make it out to be, but for me personally it really helped snap me out of a depression and get me back on my feet. It's positive effects wear off quickly though, so you only have a few weeks of microdosing before it becomes just another stimulant. At that point it's best to just stop and save your LSD for proper trips.

So in short I agree with OP for sure, in that macrodosing is far more effective. But there is room in my life for both. Minidosing has it's moments, too. I love dropping half a hit of acid and enterring that zen state while going about my day, without much in the way of visuals or mindfuck.