• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids methadone withdrawal does dilaudid work?

Not wanting to interfere, but just a thought..You know that when turning to subs you will need to withdraw from whatever it is that you have in your system, right?
That is probably 24-48 hours after dillies or 4-5 days after methadone.
Also, if you are feeling high with dillies this means your blockage from the Methadone is become lower and lower as it´s very difficult to feel other opiates when you are under a schedule of 110 mg of methadone.
Just be careful not to over due them!
Good luck :)

You dont have to wait 72hrs, But itll probably be that long till u fully feel it. I'd shoot them every 4hrs or so...

Snorting will be a waste in my opinion, but if you're just looking to hold off withdrawal then I guess thats okay... But if u want more bang, then shoot em.

Dilaudid is one of those drugs thats TOTALLY different from shooting to snorting... completely different.

Last edited:
The day before taking subs ... I take dilaudid at night and wake up next morning 12 hours after last dose and I'm ready to take suboxone. That's the beauty of short acting opiate

@in thetrip . I shot 8mg last night just to see and I felt a slight something but the 110 methadone was blocking for sure. I hope that as the methadone leaves my system I will be able to shoot one and actually feel it .

The day before taking subs ... I take dilaudid at night and wake up next morning 12 hours after last dose and I'm ready to take suboxone. That's the beauty of short acting opiate
You're cutting it close only waiting 12hrs. Better to be safe and do the full 24. Its not worth it, because we all know what happens when u do it too soon. hell...

@in thetrip . I shot 8mg last night just to see and I felt a slight something but the 110 methadone was blocking for sure. I hope that as the methadone leaves my system I will be able to shoot one and actually feel it .
Yeah but thats no big deal, u might be wasting a little bit but u have a ton so it doesnt matter. just wait 12 hrs or so and keep doin it till u fully feel it

Should I stick with (1) 8mg every 4 hours or double up and do 16mg shot? Or is that a lot? If I stick with shooting (1) 8mg q4 that should be enough to keep withdrawal away and hopefullg after a day or two I may even feel the dilly. And my dr said 12 hours is enough he's done it plenty of times this way that's why he has my on dilaudid he doesn't want prec withdrawal from the methadone .

Btw the only rigs I could get are separate syringes and plungers . I have 26g 1/2 inch needle and 30g 1inch needle and 25g 1 inch needle . And I have 1cc and 3cc plungers . I used the 26g 1/2 but I'm used to the diabetes syringes that are longer. Was hard to find a vein w short needle. Any tips ??

The needles have a plastic end that the plunger part twists onto and it squeezes it together and holds it . Not used to these but can't buy rigs in the store here. I got these needles from a friends job .

And Siq how much water should I use? Those generic dilaudid had so much filler!!?? There was tons of white powder left over? Is that good for a rinse? I ended up using way too much water cuz so much powder left over I filled whole 1cc . I don't think I needed that much water felt like I was shooting forever and I had to register twice cuz it took so long I lost the vein

If you didnt feel much on ur last shot I'd give it some time, all you're doing is wasting em. I'd wait like half a day and do another 8mg, or maybe even just 4mg. It depends how u feel. 8mgs is plenty though, if you're not feeling it its just because of the Done.

Just fill the syringe up with 3 quarters water, or maybe even more. Theres nothing wrong with a little extra water, u just dont want too little...

Siq read my other posts please. And is 8mg a lot? I've never done dilaudid so I have nothing to compare it too. I've done every other pill but these so I dont know how strong they are and what a lot is? Is 8mg like oxy 40?

The needle doesnt matter dude, its just preference. Yes 8mg is alot, 40mg of oxy is a decent comparison, maybe even a little more.

But the dilaudid hits u much stronger, and doesnt last as long... Be careful with it, its probably the easiest to OD with

This is strange because I've always read that it could precipitate withdraws, reason for which you have to wait.
Same odd issue knowing that less subs is more, so to say..