• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone to OXY EQUIVALENT

hwbush336

Bluelighter
I'm on 162 mg of Methadone how much does that equal in Oxycodone?? Just curious, I have a pain doctor in Ohio that said I'd get better pain relief with equal amount of Oxy then liquid methodone. And he's willing to switch me with the new CDC rules I'm one of those been through every drug physical therapy and methodone is all there is . But i was forced to the clinic when doctors CUT everyone off Then of course I found fyntinol at the clinic because I was around it firstvtime in my life and had i never went to the clinic i would had never met those people its bullshit .

But anyway my bitching isn't the question I'm told Its like 10 oxy 30 worth of methodone I don't know wat proper analogy would be. Anyway I live in Ohio where the fyntinol flows like water , no blues really, people still pay 30 bucs for blues thinking they r real and raw chunk Fetty off the brick is 90 a gram insane

162mg of methadone is equivalent to 324mg of oxycodone

Dayummmm. That's a whopping lot of oxy.

Seeing as OP will never get prescribed that much......not even close.......he's better off on the methadone.

Even if he got real blues ( 30 mgs ) he would be lucky to get 4 a day which is 120.

This post made me realize how strong methadone is. Next time I read negrogesics post about the 380 mgs he was on I am going to wonder how he survived it.

162mg of methadone is equivalent to 324mg of oxycodone

If you read the notes on that page that follow that calculation, you'll see that when it comes to methadone it's a bit trickier than that. The figure calculated is at the very bottom of the range. Depending on what guidelines you use to calculate the equianalgesic effect, in terms of equivalency 162mg of methadone can range anywhere from ~300-1000mg of oxycodone.

But the bigger problem is, as far as the OP's situation is concerned, getting a doctor to prescribe even the low end of that range (324mg of oxycodone a day) is going to be difficult. And even if you do get a script, getting a pharmacy to consistently fill a script like that is going to be a pain, and then of course paying for it (or getting insurance to cover it) will be tough too.

Oxycodone probably will offer better pain relief, but it's advisable to decrease the methadone dose a bit before switching.

Oxycodone probably will offer better pain relief,
Actually I would expect methadone to be better. It's also a NMDA antagonist (mild dissociative) which enhances the painkilling properties. Oxy is just a plain opioid.

Actually I would expect methadone to be better. It's also a NMDA antagonist (mild dissociative) which enhances the painkilling properties. Oxy is just a plain opioid.

The problem is, methadone's painkilling effects are fairly short-lived (relative to the withdrawal suppressing effects), so if this person is getting their methadone treatment administered like alot of people do (i.e., dosed 1x a day) then it's usefulness as a treatment for chronic pain can be questionable. Methadone has advantages, especially for certain kinds of pain, but the dosing regimens that often accompany methadone maintenance aren't really designed for pain patients. The slow onset also isn't ideal for those who's pain manifests in the form of sudden, acute flare-ups.

Welp I got switched and I'm on 4 , 15 mg oxy every 6 hours highest they would go

And its wayyy better , I was on way to dam much methodone anyway BAHAHAHA

Levomethadone sure is much cleaner but I did not find it to be 2 times stronger in acute use. More it was longer acting. But maybe that is what adds up with chronic administration. But it is definitely stronger, cleaner and longer acting.

Last edited:
Levomethadone is superior to methadone in every aspect. Too bad it's only prescribed in Germany. It lacks most of the nasty side effects that methadone has due to the lacking dextro enantiomer, so should be the first choice instead of methadone.

YES INDEED…..Levo-Methadone is prescribed in Germany which is responsible for all Mu-Opioid agonist properties.

Racemic Methadone containing the dextro isomer is an NMDA receptor antagonist and other properties which are not as desirable and could be/and are dangerous to the cardiovascular/heart functions. Doses around 150 + significantly increase the danger of this condition (a specific name - heart beat rhythm / electrical pulse) too lazy now to google it and name it specifically

Levo-Methadone 40mg is equal to Racemic Methadone 80mg available to the rest of the world U.S. / Canada / U.K. etc.

Methadone is dirt cheap to synthesize and manufacture, yet without my private health insurance, a sealed bottle of Metadol 25mg / 100 tablet bottle of Methadone HCL scored white long tablets are $240 CDN / $200 USD approx….with my Sunlife insurance I pay $40 ….F@CK me silly…. $240 for a 100 tablet bottle of Methadone 25mg tablets. Paladin Pharmaceutical Inc. Also manufactures the classic orange shield scored Dexedrine 5mg SKF tablets but has the Paladin logo on it

Probably cost Paladin Labs $10 to manufacture 100 tablet bottle, and an astronomical markup leading to 700 million quarterly in profit. A gross monopoly.

Doses around 150 + significantly increase the danger of this condition (a specific name - heart beat rhythm / electrical pulse) too lazy now to google it and name it specifically
QT prolongation is the term you're looking for ;-)

Methadone is dirt cheap to synthesize and manufacture
What I'm wondering is if it's also EASY to synthesize? What lab equipment and chemicals would you need to synthesize Methadone and then remove the dextro isomer from it? Could a DIY chemist do it from home? :cool: ;) :p
@AlsoTapered to the rescue!!!

Last edited:
No….a professional pharmaceutical laboratory in a state of the art facility. Those Germans don’t f@ck around lol

It ain’t like some hick in Louisiana in the woods doing a “shake N bake” in an empty plastic Coke bottle to synthesize illicit Methamphetamine through reducing Ephedrine to yield Desoxyephedrine (Methamphetamine) by adding lithium strips from batteries and red phosphorus from RedBird match stick box striker side

Methadone is fully synthetic and is made by a professional pharmaceutical laboratory like one would bake a cake.

Simple precursor chemicals
Step by step instructions, like setting correct temperature in oven, mixing eggs, adding correct level of milk, sugar, etc, etc (cake analogy lol)
Final product is reacted with hydrochlorides acid to yield the water soluble salt of the API to be compounded with excipients and pressed into a tablet, scored and imprinted.

a 100kg (220 lbs) large blue plastic drum of pure API Methadone HCL powder manufactured by Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals sitting next to 15 others in a high security wing were all CII are stored. Some shipped abroad, others pressed into tablets, others mixed into liquid solution bottles.

It ain’t like some hick in Louisiana in the woods doing a “shake N bake” in an empty plastic Coke bottle to synthesize illicit Methamphetamine through reducing Ephedrine to yield Desoxyephedrine (Methamphetamine) by adding lithium strips from batteries and red phosphorus from RedBird match stick box striker side
Aw damn. Is there any opioid that some hick in Louisiana can synthesize? Maybe morphine extraction? But I guess you need a shit ton of Opium to do that in which case it's financially more sound to just buy morphine lol.