• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth smoked/glassy - does holding your hit increase the effects!

Doesn't the "smoke" start to crystallize?
I Was Always told not to hold in the smoke because you can crystallize your lungs and die 🤷🏼‍♀️
So I’ve Never Held It In Intentionally but I’ve definitely caught myself accidentally holding it in and been like “Ohhhh Fuck I’m Not Smoking Weed Wtf Am I Doing.?!?”😂🤷🏼‍♀️

Anything more than one bowl after a long break does jack squat except give me jiggly eyes and paranoia. Everyone I know that smokes it exclusively, goes through in one or two days what would last me a week or longer.

i hold it in, i don't see why holding it longer than a second would cause your lungs to crystallize, and ive never seen proof of it.

personally, my lungs are fine, but i don't really smoke meth often, its an occasional thing for me, usually i plug it.

i think its a rumor

Doesn't the "smoke" start to crystallize?
Negative. Maybe if you were a mummy. It would crystallize in your lungs. But since you're made of 70% water and crystal is easily soluble in water. Youre all ten toes down deep Dawg gon dignity ding dawng. In other words. You're all good

I know this is old but maybe my 2 cents might be of assistance. I literally have been holding my hits for as long as possible. Not every single one, a lot of them daily. It gets old after awhile so I catch myself blowing them out fairly soon. If this myth was true, I’d be dead. There are times I held it so long, I feel I was on the verge of passing out. After doing this for awhile, I don’t think it got me higher but I do feel it got me high, quicker. The myth does make sense because look at a clean new pip after only a few hits. That’s gotta be going on in my lungs but I’ve never coughed up shit or had any wheezing. This is my exp. And I don’t want someone else getting hurt from my exp. Every person is different, so do not decide on anything based on my exp.

I Was Always told not to hold in the smoke because you can crystallize your lungs and die 🤷🏼‍♀️
So I’ve Never Held It In Intentionally but I’ve definitely caught myself accidentally holding it in and been like “Ohhhh Fuck I’m Not Smoking Weed Wtf Am I Doing.?!?”😂🤷🏼‍♀️

This is an incredibly common belief, but is untrue. Meth is extremely water soluble, so it cannot crystallize on your lungs. Instead it just absorbs. Basically, if you see any vapor/smoke when you exhale, that is meth that didn't absorb (though a lotof it does absorb fairly instantly).

Overall, it's not something to worry about one way or another. If you're worrying about bits of vapor that escaped your lungs, it's quite possible you have a problem with meth. But you also don't need to worry that holding it in will crystallize in your lungs and kill you.