• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth smoked/glassy - does holding your hit increase the effects!

Science_Koodies

Greenlighter
Now! First off hey new to this forum..
Been over and reasearched and read hundreds of posts and forums trying to find an answer to "does holding in meth smoke increase the hit" (administered - smoking- glassy) but each post or reply was just someone's tweaked opinion or a rambling theory that doesn't prove anything most the time not even making the point *pun intended*
Ive looked for hard facts on the subject and found absolutely nothing relating to my question. Please someone give me a logical straight answer with explanation as to how you know.

After 40 years put this myth/question to rest!
Peace - goodluck.

If hold the hit, it can crystalize in your lungs. Don't do it.

Ok, I just read that link. Mabye its not so true. I still wouldn't risk it tho.

Last edited:
Your lungs only need a split second to absorb the methamphetamine. Don't hold in your hits. Exhale promptly. Or better yet, quit while you're ahead.

Wrong, it takes more than "a split second" to absorb the methamp in a hit. More like 3-6seconds. Blowing it out quick like most people do is a waste.

Wrong, it takes more than "a split second" go absorb the methamp in a hit. More like 3-6seconds. Blowing it out quick like most people do is a waste.

Yeah, and they end up carpet crawling and peeking out the blinds and hallucinating and panicking out of placebo effect 8(

I'm sorry but I just don't agree. Give a source for your supposition that you "have to" inhale for that long, please.

Yeah, and they end up carpet crawling and peeking out the blinds and hallucinating and panicking out of placebo effect 8(

I'm sorry but I just don't agree. Give a source for your supposition that you "have to" inhale for that long, please.

Ha I never said you "have to" , and I never said you won't get high, most people don't realize that when theyre taking long,slow hits they're actually holding vapor in for a pretty long amount of time as it is, and no it will not recrysralliz3 in your lugs. But that said, blowing it straight out, you are more than likely to waste some, just like with thc,nicotine,etc.

You don't have to hold inhaled vaporized meth, if you aren't getting high enough vaping it like a normal person, maybe blame the quality of the meth instead of like risking your health over trying not to "waste" a hit of meth, this is like pretty much never an issue if you've got quality ice/glass. Don't hold it in. If you're smoking shard correctly, you'll probably already be taking your hits in the form of a slow long inhale, that's enough time in the lungs to get absorbed since when done properly, you're inhaling a steady cloud of active ingredients and the lungs do not need any time to "catch up", you're not wasting shit unless you're smoking it wrong.

You don't have to hold inhaled vaporized meth, if you aren't getting high enough vaping it like a normal person, maybe blame the quality of the meth instead of like risking your health over trying not to "waste" a hit of meth, this is like pretty much never an issue if you've got quality ice/glass. Don't hold it in. If you're smoking shard correctly, you'll probably already be taking your hits in the form of a slow long inhale, that's enough time in the lungs to get absorbed since when done properly, you're inhaling a steady cloud of active ingredients and the lungs do not need any time to "catch up", you're not wasting shit unless you're smoking it wrong.

What is a "normal person" and do they(the supposed normal.people whom I dont beleive exist) typically use methamphetamine?

I don't understand.... The vapor is meth, why wouldn't you held it in? I always hold it in for a bit, never caused me to "hallucinate". But I also only get a half gram every three or four months for fun

What is a "normal person" and do they(the supposed normal.people whom I dont beleive exist) typically use methamphetamine?

No response to the topic at hand? Just wanna argue about semantics?

No... as previously stated, if you're smoking it correctly then you don't need to hold it in any longer than a hit of weed once you've vacuumed up that big cloud. If I were you I'd be more worried about burning the shit which IS wasteful or, ya know, becoming a meth head.

^Yw bby <3 Us speed freaks gotta stick together.

OP if you like speed then it may be harder than you think to resist the urge to keep using. I have more trouble quitting meth than IV heroin. Hard to believe but it's true, because nothing floods your brain with dopamine quite like our little friend "crystal" does.

Thankyou for your replies

thanks for your replies! but this is what im talking about - didn't ask for a tweaked debate haha. wanted a straight answer and proof - I dont care
if it crystallizes the lung, or your or if it makes your paranoid berserk hearing cars pull up out the front and freaking the fuck out......

my question was: DOES IT INCREASE THE HIGH AND PROOF TO BACK UP YOUR ANSWER

okay first off everyone who posted to stop it..Been ahead and a so called "tweaker" for 3 years and have not yet had to deal with/experience **an immunity to a high** or **needed more and more each session to get a dope euphoric feeling** and i am not an **addict** as i have gone weeks, months without it without feeling run down, depressed, anxious, craving it. when im off it I am as happy and hardworking as before i started it (i enjoy the motivation it creates, and feeling *euphoric*)

ive had many friends go straight downhill - sell their ute, tools, drop out of work, lose their families trust and respect over it. - I dont understand why. i havnt felt the need to go out of my comfort and sell my life for it !!!!!I WILL SELL A POWER TOOL FOR CIGARETTES BEFORE I SELL MY SHIT FOR METH!!!

anyway just think its weird that i do it regularly, takes 5 good tokes to get high every on an average of 5 hours at a time and hasn't changed in 3 years, im healthy, still loved and employed, smart and rational, and haven't experience a come down in 2 years. none of that was relevant just letting all the MORMON ANTI-METH, REHABILITATION COUCILORS THAT POSTED

BEST RESPONSE :) - ******TRICOMB****** cheers for that. you didnt prove it but it makes scense

Last edited: