Allylbenzene
Bluelighter
- Joined
- Jul 25, 2025
- Messages
- 1,332
I asked and I was told the length of the trip does not matter in terms of cactus species versus alkaloid content
Speaking of alkaloids, the cactus isoquinoline alkaloids are numerous and mostly under-researchered (besides Pellotine which has 5-HT7 receptor activity). The non-mescaline phenethylamine alkaloids are interesting and it's possible that they inhibit/induce certain enzymes which facilitate mescaline activity (they may even participate directly). The research on this is lacking. The overlooked cactus polyphenols also play a part (eg quercetin).
Would i be correct in concluding a longer mescaline trip correlates to higher mescaline dosage? Wondering if this could be put in a mathematical formal, 500mg, 1 gram, 1.5 gram etc?
I think that any formula for this is going to be incomplete and thus misleading for reasons stated in my pervious posts. If someone is using an ALDH inhibitor (medication/supplement) or is taking an ALDH inducer then, according to my heterodox interpretation, your suggested formula would be substantially misleading.
Last edited:
