• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melbourne Food Society

ButrosButros_Grantos said:
$48.40 actually as meal costs do not include gst for some reason?

Do you mean the 10% "service charge" That's a compulsory tip, not GST :).

Anyone else notice that they serve a dish with betel leaf? Very BL

i should be able to make a saturday lunch yay as my work doesnt start back til march! yay, so for the meantime count me in! xo

In India and parts of SE Asia, Betel leaf is chewed with the areca or Betel nut (same name, different plants - the betel nut is the fruit from a palm and the leaf comes from the betel pepper plant - not botanically related to the palm) along with slated lime (to aid absorption) to produce a stimulant effect. We saw it a lot in Cambodia - and spoke about it, through our tour guide, to a Buddhist nun at Angkor Wat who was chewing the preparation and had the telltale red mouth/teeth (an effect of the areca nut). Betel leaf also has quite a few medicinal properties.

Last edited:
Did the lunch at Longrain go ahead? if not I'd love to help make it happen some time soon. The food sounds soo Dam fine.

I don't think it did?

i haven't looked at the last few pages
but either way
I call for another MFS meet up soon :D
(specifically Sat 23rd which I'd imagine to be too soon or after March 16th as I'm going to WA for a holiday [yippee])
or have another one where I can attend (I don't ask for much =D)

420star said:
Did the lunch at Longrain go ahead? if not I'd love to help make it happen some time soon. The food sounds soo Dam fine.

No it didn't... but I'm still keen to go.

When should we do eeet? :D

I think everyone forgot about this. I'm still keen to go as well.

Well I can make the 23rd and since MG2S can as well... how does everyone else feel about this date?

will have to check my cash supply closer to the time, but at this stage the 23rd looks good for me.

23rd sounds alright to me. I may be able to scrounge some money together by the end of the week. ;)

wow I've started a revolution! (ok maybe not. But putting the wheels in motion and taking action in regards to matters of the heart [my V Day loves goes to you dear food. and my bed.] should always be commended =D
ramblings aside, we are speaking of Sat 23rd of Feb, which yes, is not far away is it.
But I reckon we can do it! :D

oh, I saw it said lunch at Longrain (what kind of place is that?)
I was thinking dinner & post dinner trashy times. (Tis rare) but I'm working that Saturday. If it was going to be lunch I'll join you once I'm finished at around 3-4pm if the festivities continue..
(hope pple don't mind I suggestd a date, course we don't have to have it on that one. Tho usually it takes someone to set/suggest an actual date to get the ball rolling)

in that case, i wont be able to make it, but have fun kiddies and see you at the next one xo

I strongly second the suggestion for lunch rather than dinner.

Dinner will cost more. I'm rather poor. Still. Boo. And lunch is more fun IMHO.

I can make both times though. So whatever. :)

Oh and while trawling through my daily list of blogs I found THIS post.
CHECK OUT THAT HUGE PILE OF SEAFOOD!!!! OMFG!!!! 8o 8o 8o 8o And it's only $90!
Yeh sure its in Malvern but WOAH I've never seen that much seafood on one plate.
What are people's thoughts??