Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[MELB] SUNSHINE PEOPLE! NYD @ South Atlantic Wharf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whord deCipal! Stop being such picky bastards having to analyse every little thing. What do we go to parties for - the music yeah? Well I know that's why I go and with the quality that I heard on NYD I couldn't have cared if it was in a tiny tin shed with no decore or whatever. Yes you all paid good money to go but you got to witness internationals and fucking awesome local talent!

TIGA was amazing he blew me away as expected! Le Tigre - Deception, Charles Manier - Bang Bang Lover, Martini Bros - Biggest Fan and to top it off Sunglasses at night layered on top of Blue Monday oh yes that's DA SHIT =D

I was mighty impressed with Will E Tell and Digby's set ripping out anthem after anthem - now I'm hanging for a wet party.

Dengerator you DA man! Ghetto - woot woot. It's very rarely Melbourne gets a taste of some phat nasty ghetto tech but the man delivered I think we have a future Dj Baby Daddy on our hands ;)

Serotone playing that sample of Grandmaster Flash or it could have been Melle Mel was very exciting! Big props to the MTM boys =D

Best thing about the whole day? Phat electro beats in the sun, I couldn't have asked for anything else =D =D =D

Sure there were things that could have been fixed or made better BUT I have a wicked time cos the choons were lush and that's all that matters the rest is just a bonus IMO.

Big ups to the Hardware crew - You guys do an awesome job always delivering the goods, great internationals, wicked parties and so on and so forth and NO I'm not a promotor for Hardware!

beech - I'll be the first to say hell mother fucking YEAH to going again next year!!

I think the crowd was pretty seedy and full of kandy kids

I think this was due to most people partying all night (NYE) and continuing through the day. I didnt go out NYE, but I could easily point out the people who had. It seems to have left the impression on some that people were seedy... But it didnt bother me in the slightest.

As for going back next year: if the Dj line-ups were as good as this years, then definately a big fat

YES :D

beech: i didnt end up going to this and only heard reports on it but i am gonna chuck in a yes because its pussy whinging ppl like you who never are satisfied and fuck up the underground sound, well next year you better sit under a tree, dont like being like this but it does piss me off as these are the ppl who fuck the scene up! and the little 17-18yr old punks who dont know what the fuck is going on in the first place! rock on TECHNO!!!

Righto Mr Audio,
All I have said is that the setup was shit (which it was and anyone who went would agree), the running and management was shit (also agreed upon by those who attended). I haven't knocked the music, cos i went knowing what was going to be played.
Who are you to term me as someone who is never satisfied and fucks up the scene? I've been very satisfied with many events i've attended in recent times such as the Pharmacy parties, Earthcore, Lab 4, Guyver and Sunny to name a few. These parties were all awesome, some of em had few downfalls like Guyver and Lab 4 were at Hard Kandy so you get a percentage of wankers there who are fucking up the scene.
In no way am I fucking up the scene by having an opinion of a particular party. How did my behaviour at SP or now 'fuck up the scene'? I dont know how long you have been involved in the scene but I can tell you I have been around it for 6 years now. So please dont group me in with those who are detrimental to the rave culture. It is people like you who seem to spend their time judging others that are a greater problem than people like me. If we didn't have the "17-18yr old punks who dont know what the fuck is going on in the first place" then the scene would die by the way dipshit. Everyone has to start somewhere and can't just walk straight into an environment with the full knowledge of someone who has spent many years there. Have a think before you speak shit buddy.
Only smart thing u may have said there was "Rock on TECH"........even though it isn't my fave muzic

Beech out

and hey whats wrong with sitting under a tree with mates and getting fucked up?

having read the previous replies, I totally agree the set up was to say the least confussing, but once worked out the people and the music were awesome.

Loved the boat crusie touch too a sensational way to whined the day down.8)

A decent chill out area was all that was really missing for me.... didnt exactly chill out that well near the toilets sitting on the loading bay with the wafting smell of garbage that well ! but you cope and you keep rolling.8(

to all of the unreasonable whinging fuckheads who haven't provided any decent reasons for haveing a sook this ones for you:

1)look fuck it was a day party and you want decor ? what about lasers and lighting?

2) you paid 50 dollars for a party on new years day. i wouldn't be complaining about this one.... you may have been supplied with decor and lighting and lasers and then you'd have whinged or not gone when the ticket prices were doubled to reflect to stupid increase in proudction costs for two days in ayear where its become standard for everything to cost more money - gear - labour - security - who i'll add i heard had been there since the night before and in my opinion did a rather decent job.

3) I agree the setup was a little convoluted but just sit for a moment and think - alumbra was open seperately and thus couldn't be blocked off .... it would have been nicer if the passouts were closer to the hardware room but hey i can sit and whinge about it or just get the fuck on and enjoy the party... perhaps these things could have been sorted out differently but i'm sure there were valid reasons for everything.... just be happy the party wasn't at fucking altona for crying out softly..

4) and to djwombat: why did you go to the party ? can't you read lineups ?

in other news

electrobot: that sample i ripped from an afrika bambaata track. can't recall teh name.

and..
props to matty radovich and craig mc whinney for absolutely slamming it out. thanks to richie for being so generous in allowing these young guns to play what was to be his support set for bolland. these cunts are going to rip shit up over the next few years....

the one thing i will have a whinge about is it was too fucking hot and there was no shade.... i'm sure there would have been a fair few cases of heat stroke here...

It was a good party, not great, music was great, Tiga was cool as, Bolland great as well, and Kai was very good. alot of very toasted ppl.. grass was nice outside.. Good to c some faces I haven't seen in a while.
Set up.. hmmm well what could you do with a public walk way in the middle??... eitha do the walk around or restrict the party to like one room.... I would prefer to walk around... :)
All in all it was the first one, there is always going to be hitches, my dissappointment of the day was rocking up to catch PDT and they were still sound checking or something??..
cheers ppl

[serotone] said:
the one thing i will have a whinge about is it was too fucking hot and there was no shade.... i'm sure there would have been a fair few cases of heat stroke here...

Me being one of them BUT that was my own fualt for not wearing sun screen :\ Thanks for the sample name buddy I knew it was something along those lines :)

Like Garth said on another forum they only had 2 hours to set up for that party and shit I think they did a pretty damn good job - I know where I'll be NYD 2005!

Thanks for all the feedback guys, it certainly will help towards making next years' Sunshine People a much better, bigger and badder event than this years! Just wait and see whats in the pipeline!

Just one few matters though-
1. The passout proceedure and the logistics really didn't work, however there was little that could be done with the Alumbra bar being open to the public. This is one area we'll be working hard on...

2. Lighting... If anyone looked to the ceiling they would have seen a tonne of lighting and assorted techy stuff... Problem was though that the crew who was running NYE there took off with the controls... Boo that!

3. Shade... The forecast was for 25 not 30, we could not have envisaged the searing heat. There were many many sail cloths and marqee tents in the outside area plus 3 indoor areas to escape the direct sun... I'm sure this will be looked at for next year.

Thanks again for all the great feedback! See you next year...

8o

Last edited:
I'm guessin you were an organiser yeah.....nice one bro, top party.....glad to hear it's planned for next year as well....

I'm hoping for as much, maybe even more hard house next year too! It was fucking brill.....cheers

[serotone] said:
electrobot: that sample i ripped from an afrika bambaata track. can't recall teh name.

Is that the sample from Planet Rock? I love that track aij =D Top notch, always goes off!

All i can say is Tiga rocked and thank u for bringing him out. As for everything else, you get what you pay for, i got my monies worth with tiga and went on to summer dayz

Hardicus said:
Is that the sample from Planet Rock? I love that track aij =D Top notch, always goes off!

It is Hardie I just had a listen to it before =D I'm ashamed of myself for forgetting the name of that sample :(

PeterPoppa: rock on Pharmacy for running an alternative event btw, even if the weather / facility did push the party goers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.