• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb. Pharmacy [Appetite For Destruction]. *REVIEWS* 11th Feb. Metro.

eloise said:
yeah um, i don't really know any of the djs or anything..
but i've been told i'm going ;)

so i'll see you guys there

as a special bonus, i plan to leave my sarcasm at home!

you better be dressed as a kandy raver!

chris has been "joking" about us going shopping for our outfits at strange days..

well
at least i hope he's joking!! :S :S

i don't think i'd feel comfortable sharing a bed with a guy after i've seen him in phat pants :p

does anyone think this particular venue would attract 'that' crowd? or am i being paranoid. I just like lots of colour and smiles when i go out is all. :p

Ben Sims and Chris Liebing... What more could you ask for?

Its not likely il be missing this one! :\

dancefifi said:
Havn't been to Metro... Is it that bad a venue? 8(

its not a "bad" venue per se...im just over it. been there far too many times and it seems as though everything i go to is held there :\

The_Great_Refusal said:
does anyone think this particular venue would attract 'that' crowd? or am i being paranoid. I just like lots of colour and smiles when i go out is all. :p

I think Pharmacy is a little darker than 'colours and smiles' but it certainly has a unique vibe that on a good night can't be beaten! It doesn't really matter where we do our events we always tend to get the same sterling gold crowd!

The Metro is an awesome venue- Melbourne's best IMHO. There have been so many great events there in resent times and now that the regular bogan nights are gone, 'that' crowd that you refer to doesn't frequent the place anymore... Anyone who attended the Jeff Mills gig will atest to that! Chill and trust in Pharmacy! ;)

Melbournes best venue is that little abandoned warehouse thats falling apart.

Metro is just too damn clean for my likings - what about CBD? cage? dingy places like that!

though the sound system can be top notch at times :\

KemicalBurn said:
Melbournes best venue is that little abandoned warehouse thats falling apart.

Metro is just too damn clean for my likings - what about CBD? cage? dingy places like that!

though the sound system can be top notch at times :\

Horses of courses my friend. Places like Cage and CBD are festering messes that *most* people avoid like the plague these days... Dirty, small and dangerous are all words that come to mind. Not to mention teh fact they would not even begin to hold the number of people nessesary for Pharmacy.

The Metro is a massive renovated theatre hence has perfect accoustics and the whole crowd rises up around the stage- brilliant for creating atmosphere. There are plenty of rooms and areas to explore and cool private booths... The wrought iron walkways that link the place give that mainroom a distinctly industrial/gothic feel- perfect for Pharmacy. All of this is not withstanding the best in house lighting and video system in Melbourne (imagine how intense and somewhat surreal the Kontinuum projections will be on that system!).

As I said, horses for courses and each to their own. There is good reason that the Metro has hosted the cream of international talent, concerts etc. Unfortunately it is impossible for everyone to 100% love any venue... People complain about Altona, Melbourne Park, Moorabbin, QBH, Kryal... Such is life i'm afraid.

:|

i guess im a dying breed :\ i think altona is a great venue, and the pharmacy at moorabin with chris liberator was awesome...

but like you said: each to their own :|:(

KemicalBurn said:
i think altona is a great venue, and the pharmacy at moorabin with chris liberator was awesome...

Agreed on both counts! Don't worry, Pharmacy will keep doing a couple of big shows each year at these sort of venues, we just slot the club shows in between as it is not always practicle to book the big mofos! =D

dammit :X

dont ever scare me like that again!!!

/wipes nervous sweat from brow

you know what im gonna do to teach you a lesson? im gonna go to metro and dance my arse off!

how do you like them apples?!

;):D=D

Ticket bought. Not missing Liebing and Sims.

Not for a second time

asssssssssssssssssssssssssssys!

*phat grinz*

oh yeah... and those other djs, i'm sure they'll be great too!

Metro is a great venue. Been there for parties like 33 and a third, Jeff Mills and futurebreaks (Krafty Kuts)...Sound and lights at Metro are pretty good.

Would love to go see C.Gate, B.Sims and ASYS.

However, the main thing I really hate at Metro is the dance floor. The floor gets really sticky each an everytime that I have been there even when I use powder. When Jeff Mills was playing, there was no room to dance at all... sigh.... Always get frustrated when i can't dance at a party. :(

Gotto start learnign how to dance on carpet now... :p

^^ Sticky dancefloor? Even with powder?? 8o 8( :( That means I'll have trouble dancing, I need slippery surfaces...... :(

^
its ok, my friends and I have a spot thats never sticky :)

/guards secret place :X

KemicalBurn said:
^
its ok, my friends and I have a spot thats never sticky :)

/guards secret place :X

Hehhehehe..After getting frustrated over sticky dance floor all the time; finally I found a place thats not sticky too!! But its only a small area where you have to knock ppl out to get a space...

Its next to the stage on the right (a few steps above the normal dance floor), on your way up the stairs..correct?? :) The only bad thing about this area is that people keep walking up and down the stairs and they bump into you.. :(