• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MELB MEETUP: e55, Sunday 13th o' Feb (full details in first post)

*puts official vote in for Saturday 12th feb*

**reiterates that /me is on strict exam-forced detox until TT**

***curses***

Okay, I have spent hours working on my Melbourne itinerary, I shit you not...me and Aimeski are gonna be there for 8 or 9 days and we have other non-bluelight friends coming down for some of that time also, so I've been hard at work!

Here's what I've come up with bluelight-wise....

bl meetup during arvo on Sunday 13th of Feb...this I figure as a relaxed "let's go to the pub" drinks and maybe dinner thing....if people wanna kick on later I'm very down with that, but it also gives people a chance to rock up if they only have a few hours to spare or are doing something else at night or just don't feel like getting wasted on a Sunday night with work the next day (I hear some people worry about that kind of thing ;)).

Then another meetup somewhere on either Friday the 18th or Saturday the 19th specifically for the purpose of kicking on into the early hours of the next day....

How does this sound? Feedback much appreciated...I need to get a'plannin'...

argh, that's good vibrations you whore!! :)

i might be there - in a not so conscious state - in the late pm hours :)

<3

Originally posted by Raz
Then another meetup somewhere on either Friday the 18th or Saturday the 19th specifically for the purpose of kicking on into the early hours of the next day....

How does this sound? Feedback much appreciated...I need to get a'plannin'...

^Beautiful planning m'dear. :D
Very happy with that - - - shall be hopefully joining for both both meet-ups, ready and raring for some wholesome drinking and anything else non-drug-related. -=Smiles and bounces=-

I shall have kandy, too. ;)

i know a great pub if people want to come to richmond......the best beer garden and if you get there at the right time theres food too.

its the New England on Lennox Street.

^^^Are you serious??? OMG that's so funny....I'm bringing three gay boys down with me, they'll love me forever....and it means I can leave them there at some point to do bluelight thing when I get bored of midsumma....karma is good sometimes.

Thanks for the headsup eloise, I will adjust plans accordingly! =D

EDIT: Oh, and 123etc....consciousness is over-rated anyways... ;)

^^^ what is the midsumma carnival and is there any chance it goes all week???

Aimeski said:
^^^ what is the midsumma carnival and is there any chance it goes all week???

It goes from the 21/1 until 13/2, Check it out here...Midsumma.Org

All other plans sound good. I'm one of those people who has to (attend) work on the monday, but I'm definately up for some lazy drinks on the Sunday, followed by some more purposeful drinks the following weekend =D

Pop Popavich said:
Mooshie, the croft is just of Little Bourke street in the city, so it should be pretty easy for you to get to.

I'm happy to start with an afternoon thing, perhaps at a pub venue, as Raz suggested, then we can move onto the Croft as the evening progresses.

Since the guest of honour is here over 2 weekends, what date are we going to do this on?

Cool cool yeah im aware of how to get to little burke street ive been to melbs a few times so i sorta know where it is!!

Meanwhile no one answered ma first question??? What kinda tunes / scene is the Croft??

^ from memory, a bit of dirsty disco, a bit of electro, snippet of hiphoppy stuff... a biit of a mash-up but it's rather c00l. haven't been there in a while, though. Last time i went it was harder edged stuff, but i *think* normally it's pretty cruisy tunes.

Hey guys, would be really interested in this meet up as well, probably the 18th, 19th one because I'll be away the weekend before... hope it all goes to plan!

Meetup on Sun the 13th sounds nice. Anyone want to suggest a nice cruisy pub or par where we can meet and share a few beverages?

Preferably somewhere where the beer is cheap :)

Does anyone know what e55 is like on a Sunday arvo/early evening? It's downstairs in Elizabeth Street, just off Collins Street. I like the place, but I know it gets heaps packed sometimes too...it would be kind of fitting to have a bluelight meetup in an internet bar but I don't wanna do it there if it's gonna be wall to wall with people.... :)

PS: I coulda sworn e55 has their own website, but apparently not (I can't find it after 3 minutes of exhaustive searching anyways). Here's a decent description I found from That's Me!bourne though...
e55

Walk down Elizabeth Street these days and you might hear beats beckoning from underground. Follow the music down the stairs and you'll discover e55. In a big space that manages to feel cosy, e55 is like a dozen living rooms in one, filled with couches and chairs. The red walls are covered with band posters and art. There are djs every night playing styles ranging from house, hip hop, soul, funk, reggae, dub, drum n bass, beats, to the Saturday night breaks which the bar is famous for. There is Snowy Mountain on tap, or your usual beers and spirits. Try Humphrey's Cocktail, named after the regular who requested it so many times, they put it on the menu. The dozen computers with Internet access draw a few tourists, especially during the day. The rates are very reasonable, $2 for an hour of access when you buy any drink. The occasional back-packer contingent also make for a friendly atmosphere.

Phone: (03) 9620 3899

E55 is always pretty packed but it's not so bad on a Sunday! It's a pretty cruisy place and as long as we can all find ourself a place to lounge, I couldn't really think of a much better place for a meet-up. I'd say for a group under 15, definately, more than 15 though, I'm skeptical!

MMM pub mmet-up, I'll come along, just as long I'm informed before hand about any secret rooms you may all be hiding in...

13th of Feb? Gawd.... ill try and crawl along but pharmacy is that weekend....