• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Basketball March Madness 2023 v. Bracket Deadline 16 March 12:00 EST

I have a perfect Midwest bracket which is boosting my points. I'm still vying for a win in the BL group.

i watched FAU vs Tennessee too - man i guess FAU is for real?

well Tennessee has been up and down all year, just like UK. So i was not shocked to see both of them lose.

that being said, the selection committee engineers these things to some extent. FAU is 34-3. 10 game winning streak. Yeah, they were playing against other smaller schools, but they were consistently dominating them by double digits.

then in the tournament they got matched up with Memphis, then dodged Purdue and got FDU. And credit to them for taking advantage of that. But now they're going to have to play Kansas State, another scrappy team that plays like the underdog despite their seed and record.

So I'm just saying, the people who put these games together know exactly what they're doing. The "15 seed" that beat UK in the first round last year went on to the elite 8. Now once again we ended up in the least chalky region of the bracket, where a 9 and 3 seed are going to be battling for the final four.

umm, 5 outta 8 in the great 8
sesame street bubbles GIF

Last night could've fared better. But basically it's down to the Gonzaga v Uconn to see who wins our group. I have Zags, The first place bracket has UCONN. I only have Texas and Gonzaga left in my bracket to score points off.

i gave up looking at my brackets - they're so busted, there's no point...

but i am watching all the games - they've been great

im rootin for San Diego St. and FAU now :rockon: