AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Basketball March Madness 2023 v. Bracket Deadline 16 March 12:00 EST

mal3volent

Bluelight Crew

BRACKET DEADLINE MARCH 16 NOON EST​

JOIN OUR GROUP ON YAHOO. PASSWORD IS "bluelight"

College basketball rankings: Gonzaga is new preseason No. 1 after commitment from SoCon Player of the Year​

Chattanooga's Malachi Smith will transfer to the Zags, who bump North Carolina from the top spot in the early Top 25 And 1 preseason rankings

Gonzaga has been ranked No. 1 in the preseason Associated Press Top 25 poll each of the past two seasons. Now, like it or not, the Zags really might start at No. 1 again because they're returning six of the top eight scorers from a team that finished first at KenPom.com — and adding the reigning Southern Conference Player of the Year.

That's the big news from Thursday.

Malachi Smith — the star of Chattanooga's team that won 27 games and played Illinois tight in the opening round of the 2021 NCAA Tournament — has publicly committed to the Zags. The 6-foot-4 rising junior averaged 19.9 points, 6.7 rebounds and 3.0 assists in 35.4 minutes per game last season. He could start at either guard spot for the Zags or come off the bench as a super-sub. Either way, he's another great weapon for Gonzaga, which I've moved to No. 1 in Version 14.0 of the 2022-23 CBS Sports Preseason Top 25 And 1.

"Malachi is going to be a great addition to our program," said Gonzaga coach Mark Few. "He does a lot of really good things on the floor, but his experience and leadership will also be huge."

96zB8vQ.jpg

tAluTES.jpg

Last edited:
@TheLoveBandit , have you heard about the drama between uk football coach Stoops and coach Cal? The uk sports media are having a field day.

@TheLoveBandit , have you heard about the drama between uk football coach Stoops and coach Cal? The uk sports media are having a field day.

Negative, sir. Though I can absolutely see Stoops trying to make UK a 'football' school, which won't sit right with Cal or the UK fanbase. Football success is great, but do not pretend to call UK a football school or face the scorn. I assume that's what this is? Stoops getting too big for his britches with the fanbase priorities?

Negative, sir. Though I can absolutely see Stoops trying to make UK a 'football' school, which won't sit right with Cal or the UK fanbase. Football success is great, but do not pretend to call UK a football school or face the scorn. I assume that's what this is? Stoops getting too big for his britches with the fanbase priorities?

well, I don't think cal should've said it because we don't need the drama, but yeah, Kentucky is a basketball school until the football team wins something. That's all there is to it. They've gotten so much better over the last few years, but you still ain't won anything. You've not even been close really.

Cal apologized but it's like stoops doesnt want to let it go. Probably to fire up his guys. None of the media wants to let it go either, for obvious reasons. Every Republican in the states hates cal already because the team kneeled during the BLM protests. So they are taking stoops side.

just a distraction for the basketball team that they need to tune out, but you see Paul finebaum and other UK haters sticking their nose in it.

The 2022-23 NCAA Division I men's college basketball season will begin on Monday, Nov. 7 and conclude on Monday, April 3 with the National Championship at NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas.

RANKINGS: Andy Katz's preseason Power 36

The AAC, ACC, America East, Atlantic 10, Big 12, Big East, Big South, Big Ten, Horizon League, MAAC, Mountain West, Pac-12, SEC, SoCon, Summit League, and WCC have all released their conference schedules.

This page will be updated as more information becomes available.

Below is the tournament schedule by round.

2023 March Madness schedule​

ROUNDDATES
Selection SundayMarch 12
First FourMarch 14-15
First RoundMarch 16-17
Second RoundMarch 18-19
Sweet 16March 23-24
Elite EightMarch 25-26
Final FourApril 1
National ChampionshipApril 3

eQsEUEa.jpg

How bout them Buffalo @ChickenScratch ? ;)

I was sick after the UK double OT loss Tuesday night. But I feel better knowing Duke, Tennessee, and Gonzaga all lost too. Gonzaga got obliterated. Kansas won, but fuck Kansas.

We have to play Gonzaga @ Gonzaga in a few days. So that will be a double whammy. Road game crowd plus they'll be chomping at the bit coming off their curb stomping in Texas.

Live by the three, die by the three. Guards need to be better. We got Butler tomorrow.

This season is still TBD for everyone I thought might be good.

Live by the three, die by the three. Guards need to be better. We got Butler tomorrow.

This season is still TBD for everyone I thought might be good.

yeah, I think it's somewhat unfair to be dropped 11 spots in the rankings because we lost to a very good MSU team in double OT and to #2 Gonzaga at Gonzaga. Any team in the country could have lost those two games. Meanwhile, teams who are playing nobodies get rewarded.

I honestly think Cal's strategy this year is to throw them into the fire early and as many times as possible so they will be hungry when it comes tournament time. And hopefully know how to perform under pressure.

Obviously I’m stoked that we beat Kansas yesterday, but it was also satisfying to see UNC, Bammer and Gonzaga go down. Nice evening of hoops last night.

UNC fans must be extra salty today. Football team and bball team both lost in close games within about 5 minutes of each other.

Yeah I honestly don't think Gonzaga is that good this year. We played them coming of that huge loss they had, crowd noise, our shooters were ice cold.

I'll take UNC over Duke any day, I mean I hate them both, but generally I like to see them succeed since that usually means the Duke fans will be crying. Anything to that end I support.

i think i probably won't know the true strength of this uk team until we really get into conference play. I still think the two early losses may end up helping us later.

Alabama beat #1 Houston @ Houston. No surprise there. They'll probably only drop one or two. NCAA loves pushing WCC, PAC, and AAC

@Mr. Krinkle the only good game tonight is Purdue @ Ohio State. Again, two overrated big ten teams, but both ranked plus in conference usually means a tight battle. OSU has lost to 2/3 decent teams they played against. The one they won was by 1pt at home against Rutgers. Purdue should win. But still, I can see OSU squeaking out another home win here and climbing up the ranks again. They'll get popped early in March though.

Saturday should be a good day. If you hate Duke like me, make sure to catch them on the road at Boston College. They are on a downward spiral and looked atrocious last night. They'll be looking to rebound but the crowd will be insane there and I think it'll be too much for them. BC sucks but a vulnerable Duke will be their Super Bowl.

UK will be at Alabama. Same story there... I think UK is more talented but Calipari doesn't coach viciousness into his teams. They will play scared and get behind early. Make a little run in the second half but it will be too little too late. Seen it a million times. It will be a fun game though, hopefully.

also Arkansas @ Auburn. SEC conference games are the best and Auburn always shows up.

thanks man

im definitely gonna watch Rutgers vs Maryland tonight - actually it starts at 3:30pm ova here so more like this afternoon - i supposedly have the Big Ten channel on Fubo TV

Purdue is on FS1 - i'll flip back and forth and see what ends up being more interesting - but i'd like to get familiar with Rutgers just in case they do end up in the tournament

thanks man

im definitely gonna watch Rutgers vs Maryland tonight - actually it starts at 3:30pm ova here so more like this afternoon - i supposedly have the Big Ten channel on Fubo TV

Purdue is on FS1 - i'll flip back and forth and see what ends up being more interesting - but i'd like to get familiar with Rutgers just in case they do end up in the tournament

it is looking good for them now... as long as they keep it up

jVovvh2.jpg

what do they mean by the bye?

ok so the "last four in" group has to play one extra game than everyone else. Basically, its a little play-in tournament to get into the main group of 64 teams.

the "last four byes" means the last four teams that get to "skip" that and advance directly into the main field.

These are Joe Lunardi's projections, so they aren't going to be exactly accurate. But as long as you aren't in the last four in that usually means you're safe. The differences between the projections and reality will usually be minor.