• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Man hurled a one-step meth lab at officers

Ok I was using a bit of poetic license there, gimme a break!

I'm not even a chemist. But if you read up on meth synthesis, you'd see I wasn't too far off :).

Try that famous archive now housed in Erowid.

:D Right on. Like I said, I was just genuinely curious if I had missed something.

^^^ (or ^^ and ^^^^^^^^^ and ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^) I'm actually starting to doubt that anhydrous ammonia is used in the plastic bottle. I mean, I've never made meth but it seems impractical to handle something that cold when your setup is less than pro or you're on the move or whatever. There are other sources of ammonia, but they probably lower the yield.

P2P: that seems to be another story altogether.
It's not that people are pouring AA into pop bottles, it's being generated from reacting an ammonia compound with lye. I won't get more specific because of the no synth rule, but from reading your posts I assume you can figure it out without the details.

he'll bring a slightly altered synth of meth that's highly explosive and blow your place up

Heisenberg blew up Tuco's place with fulminated mercury, not meth or any close analogue. :)

Heisenberg blew up Tuco's place with fulminated mercury, not meth or any close analogue. :)
Fulminated mercury would make more sense being use as a blasting cap of sorts for a larger, more stable explosive. It certainly plays no role in meth production.

There are some sick fucks in this forum. How do you figure that a failing drug law justifies attempting to cause chemical burns on another human being?

The cop is doing nothing but his job. You can argue the morality of his job all you want, but we all know without any police there would be anarchy. The majority of cops don't wake up every morning thinking "I want to bust some low level drug dealer".

This hate on police is going a bit far.

^^I don't advocate violence, but the whole, "just doing my job" is a convenient excuse and not much more. If your job is immoral, then quit.

Taken to an extreme, morality is a spectrum and all of us are harming others through our use of computers, cars, etc. This is in terms of the pollution that these things cause.

1 step meth lab my ass...I dont know how to make meth but i can assure you it does not consist of mixing ingrediants in a botlle and never mind forget it

why not? it's a load of chemicals being thrown in a pig's face

Lol, yeah I thought it was funny.

I don't condone violence, but it was the pigs invading the dude's space and causing a self-defense response.

I hate the practice in drug-user culture of calling cops "pigs". It's so ignorant and tactless. Sure, you've got your fair share of butt-heads in the police force, in an equal distribution to butt-heads in any field, I'm sure. It's not a cop's job to make laws -- it's their job to enforce them. And MOST of the laws that they enforce (in the U.S. at least) are really in the best interest of the public!

Let's get some respect for cops in here!

it was the pigs invading the dude's space and causing a self-defense response.
exactly... it's an expected response from a human when you storm into his home. he's going to panic. if your job includes terrorizing citizens and forcing them into jail, you have to expect resistance...
I hate the practice in drug-user culture of calling cops "pigs"
there is a cultural divide. one section of our population wants to put the entire other section (a larger proportion...) into prison and punish them. lives are ruined. people naturally get emotional about pigs because people they know have had their lives fucked for either legitimate or illegitimate (in terms of the law) reasons due to the pigs fucking with their private affairs

and once people are pushed down in this way, it's quite hard to get back up... it's a collective persecution, a witch hunt that we have yet to stop*
And MOST of the laws that they enforce (in the U.S. at least) are really in the best interest of the public!
we have narcotics officers dedicated to "reducing drug use"...

well, society/science has moved far beyond that sort of thinking (at least, certain portions with the information/awareness necessary). eg (one example out of millions), studies show, when we crack down hard & fast on inner city drug use, crime/prostitution/disease/violence/addiction rates rise dramatically. it is safe to say that most of the laws that the narcotics officers endorse are not only not in the public's interest, but are literally tearing the public apart

i know they're doing their job, and they're doing what they think is right; and when they aren't, they're human and we'd make many of the same mistakes in their place. but that cultural divide is there, and there is a "war" on drug users; naturally, animosity is directed right back towards the pigs

* the people in charge of these operations, when we finally end the war on drugs, will be prison themselves... if i am king %) they've completely forgotten the great American ideals like freedom. this is my fucking body, and the whole system we've set up about drugs is condescending and makes all issues related to drug addiction worse
Let's get some respect for cops in here!
there are some good cops. but overall, let's not... fuck the police

Theres like a new way out now that addicts use a plastic bottle and some ingredients like lithium batteries or something (im not sure of all the ingredients they use) but I do know its a pretty toxic mix and it can potentially blow up and cause severe chemical burns.. they call it one step cuz they just shake the bottle that has the ingredients in it and some how they collect some probably toxic meth from it.

better known as shake n bake......

That is not cool. I do not want to see anyone get burned, not even a cop. Ima play devil's advocate here for a second and say that it does not bother me a bit to know that a batch of crudely made meth is off the streets and so is one violent meth addict.

'Throwing a laboratory' makes this incident at once seem more sinister and surreal than it actually is. IMO, the appropriate charges would be 2 counts of "assault with a deadly weapon".

That is not cool. I do not want to see anyone get burned, not even a cop. Ima play devil's advocate here for a second and say that it does not bother me a bit to know that a batch of crudely made meth is off the streets and so is one violent meth addict.
of course it's not cool. i'm just trying to say that, if you start a war against people, you're going to get hurt

In his book Uncle Fester recommends keeping dynamite around to blow up your lab if the cops show up. Playing with dynamite while tweaking, that has to be in the bad ideas hall of fame.

^ Dynamite to blow up your lab if the cops show up? Why -- so you can take the cops down with you?

Do you know why Cubans have lived under the same bullshit set of rules for over 50 years? It's because the cops are well-fed.

Of course cops are corrupt. Everyone's corrupt. I just think that cops are unfairly singled out.

I can't feel to bad for the cops... If I was in a situation where people who have no relations to me are trying to take away my life (jail for 20 years counts if you as me), I believe it is appropriate to respond by trying to protect your own life.

If I ever had a clandestine drug lab, I'd be set with some sort of weapon or device to protect my freedoms. I rather die than spend my life in a jail cell.

Its the natural world. You can not expect people to not act violently in response to their life being destroyed. We are animal for fucks sakes.

why not? it's a load of chemicals being thrown in a pig's face

You are a real scumbag.

I am all for cops arresting junkies like this tweaker. Get a fucking life and stop being a drain on society.