• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Man hurled a one-step meth lab at officers

I can understand why the guy might have done it, if he was desperate and I agree that what the cops are doing is wrong, but I don't find the act of trying to permanently scar a cop in the face for what he might reasonably think is the right thing to do (if he's been brainwashed) funny! Nobody deserves that to happen to them. I'm sure most of us grew up thinking taking drugs/manufacturing drugs was morally reprehensible until we saw the truth. However, not everyone has had the privilage of not being exposed to propaganda in isolation.

You are a real scumbag.

I am all for cops arresting junkies like this tweaker. Get a fucking life and stop being a drain on society.
after reading the first sentence, i thought you may just be really empathetic to police officers (which i am too, don't get me wrong; i am a comedian, though). then i read your next two sentences, and came to a different conclusion. your ideology is stupid (and is dividing and holding back our society :p)

"Calling it your job don't make it right, Boss."

--Cool Hand Luke

Yes but the point is that there's not necessary malicious intent. Cops aren't necessarily arresting drug users because they have a personal vendetta against them. Granted, some are, but lets not make generalisations.

I hate the phrase 'Just doing their job' in relation to anyone. If your job makes you do something against your own personal reasoning then quit the job. 'Just a job' that you choose to do knowing full well what is involved in the job. I do not condone violence towards anyone and have family members in the police so do not want violence towards them. But the 'just doing your job' part gets a bit old. Nazis said the same shit in the concentration camps

jesus, a police officer's "job" is *supposed* to be protecting people. now, where drugs are concerned, i think they should be limited to protecting people from other people. in this case, where a man is illegally manufacturing a dangerous drug (and i would doubt for personal use) with dangerous combustible chemicals IS protecting people - protecting the people he'd be selling the drug to and protecting his neighbors or anyone that may be cohabitating with him from dying in a fiery explosion.

my issue with this bullshit that the cops were getting their just desserts is that if you have a problem with them doing their job, then you need to lobby, get involved in legislation, so that's in no longer in their job description. not hope they get their faces chemically burned off by tweaked out meth addicts.

Drugs will not be legalized this century, I don't think. Not in the US. They'll liberate weed just to shut people up, but the good drugs are hundreds of years from legalization. Think about it: cops can retire in their 40's and keep earning their salaries until they die. In their working years, most of them ain't out there investigating theft or violent crime. It's the addicts that keep them fed.

One could always leave the country. I left Cuba for similar reasons: for freedom and all that. Rebellion, revolt, disobedience, defiance: all that shit was impossible, just like it was impossible for the dude in this story to escape arrest. Even if he had a hundred reagent bottles to hurl, or dynamite, or guns. They'd keep coming. They'd never stop coming.

Many of us here pull off several felonies a week without hurting anyone. No justice department would give a shit, and no amount of resistance would make them give a shit. Fuck democracy, fuck civil disobedience, fuck cultural change, fuck firepower and fuck time. They're all useless. Drugs will not be legalized in the US. The best one can do is continue getting away with getting high. Or leave.

Yes but the point is that there's not necessary malicious intent.

Intent is completely irrelevant. Their actions cause harm to others: they should cease performing those actions. The fact that they do so while performing their job duties makes no difference, its still wrong to brutalize and persecute people for harmless personal choices.

Note: I'm speaking generally-- I'm not necessarily commenting on the specific instance mentioned in this article. I don't even necessarily disagree that the guy should have been arrested and charged (specifically for endangering others through the operation of an unregistered laboratory, and the subsequent assault on an officer-- "attempted murder" is a bit melodramatic though, honestly).

Even if he had a hundred reagent bottles to hurl, or dynamite, or guns. They'd keep coming. They'd never stop coming.
lol sounds like a nightmare.

Intent is completely irrelevant. Their actions cause harm to others: they should cease performing those actions. The fact that they do so while performing their job duties makes no difference, its still wrong to brutalize and persecute people for harmless personal choices.

You're right. The armed forces of the government define the law, and it's their responsibility to use their power in a moral way. If they don't enforce the laws in the books, nobody can make them do it.

We've established that cops are taking immoral action. The question is, do we call them "pigs" for it? To me, this implies mal-intent. Regardless of the lack of correlation between intention and morality of action, I think that the "pig" term is just describing cops totally inaccurately. I think they're doing what they're doing because they're ignorantly trying to better the lives of the public. Not because of some ulterior self-interest. Not anymore than everyone else.

Wow, I just got a fleeting image of Superman getting walked in on by the jacks while banging up some shards and losing his head when I read that title...
Despite my lack of knowledge about meth manufacturing, it doesn't sound like he should be charged with attempted murder of 2 cops on top of that other shit for throwing a fucking plastic bottle at a cop. Sure, it might have been filled with dangerous chemicals and could have exploded and all that, but I mean, if it was a meth lab in a bottle, why did they have to search the premises to determine whether he was cooking up meth before they knew he was doing it? I'd imagine a one-step meth lab would look pretty distinctive if they had any idea of drug activity going on in his house. And why is the article so short if it was such a heinous crime? I mean they titled it so it would catch your eye easy as fuck, wouldn't they elaborate on sources for how they came to the conclusion there was drug activity there at least? Or along those lines? Sounds like they're covering up some of the details at least.
Another thing, shouldn't it be attempted manslaughter at worst? Yes, there's a crime that fits that description but honestly, it doesn't sound like his intent was to kill the cops, it just sounded like he panicked when he knew he was busted and did something stupid in that second his mind was going ape shit. Like, fuck, talk about getting hung for an adult as a 6 year old. Sounds fucking biased to me. And there's poeple here disputing and wondering why people call American cops pigs with that kind of attitude. Cunt's never gonna breathe free air again...

Last edited: