• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Magic Mushrooms/ Psilocybin in the UK

No sheep and few cows here in the south east so it's mainly horse fields we find them in. Start looking when the crane flies appear and stop around bonfire night. Most have been over picked though.

I'll be revisting my old patch this season. I prey they haven't been over picked since my absence. Couldn't move for the little fuckers when I used to go and everyone knew about it.

The 'famous' liberty cap field around here was either sabotaged by the farmer or overpicked (is that possible?). Fookin Flyagarics everywhere though.

i'm sure fly agaric is meant to be trippy? the red ones? they are meant to be I'm sure they are. they are the blood of christ or something.

Fly Agarics are indeed trippy. Fukkin loads of the lil (actually rather large) blighters around these parts. Agaric tea tastes lush. Kinda like Bovril actually. The Japanese use 'em in cooking cos they really are tasty. Only small amounts though to avoid tripping. Nice smoked too.

that's unusual, something enjoyable for the mind enjoyable to taste. I've begun to enjoy the taste of poppy tea though. it's tasty. (I had meself convinced from an early age that they were deadly due to the AA book of the road I used to read)

how much of them do you need to eat. I am going to do soemthing trippy before the end of 2013. I have decided.

The Big & Dandy Amanita Mushrooms Thread

Amount required varies quite a lot, unfortunately. Can be hard to get the dose right. Easiest way is to dry them completely (actually you have to dry 'em before use anyway or you'll just puke yer guts out) and smoke it as it's easier to titrate doses. I've had mixed results. Never had an intense trip on 'em but have gotten into a pleasingly dissociated dreamlike trancey state with 'em once or twice. Other times nowt. Am a bit wary of pushing the dose too much as they vary so much in strength and - although I'm pretty damn sure they ain't really dangerously toxic - they do have the reputation of being potentially iffy. Vikings presumably disagree, mind.

I quite like the taste of poppy tea too, actually. But, flavourwise, amanita tea is properly lush <3

Fly Agarics are indeed trippy. Fukkin loads of the lil (actually rather large) blighters around these parts. Agaric tea tastes lush. Kinda like Bovril actually. The Japanese use 'em in cooking cos they really are tasty. Only small amounts though to avoid tripping. Nice smoked too.
Huh, you really are full of interesting information. I had a nosy at the cooking side of things and this blog makes me quite excited --> http://honest-food.net/2011/12/24/eating-santas-shroom/ . I shall no longer turn my nose up at them, that's for sure..

Even the Siberians went off Amantia - as soon as Vodka hit Siberia they got sick of drinking each others stale piss and just stuck with the vodka.

I actually did the stale piss-drinking thing too. My own piss and not very stale, mind. Refrigerated and swigged the following morning from the JD bottle the contents of which made up the bulk of the rest of the piss wasn't exactly a taste sensation either though I must admit.

that's unusual, something enjoyable for the mind enjoyable to taste. I've begun to enjoy the taste of poppy tea though. it's tasty. (I had meself convinced from an early age that they were deadly due to the AA book of the road I used to read)

how much of them do you need to eat. I am going to do soemthing trippy before the end of 2013. I have decided.

try 1 heaped tablespoonfull in about a pint of hot water. This is if you have no opi tolerance. If you do have a lot of tolerance, then you can have 2 or 3 or 4 (inadvisable to go beyond that) depending on your tolerance. Start small and build up, as they say.

Poppys are not trippy unless you take them to borderline overdose levels.

I do believe she was asking about how many amanitas to munch rather than poppies, MDB ;)

But am well prepared to eat my words if that's not the case :eek:

I do believe she was asking about how many amanitas to munch rather than poppies, MDB ;)

But am well prepared to eat my words if that's not the case :eek:

i doubt you'll need to, ive probably misutnderstood Pink, being in the multi substance state of slight confusion that i am. :\

I actually did the stale piss-drinking thing too. My own piss and not very stale, mind. Refrigerated and swigged the following morning from the JD bottle the contents of which made up the bulk of the rest of the piss wasn't exactly a taste sensation either though I must admit.

Not so bad if it's your own piss shammy - apparantly the siberians were reduced to waiting on someone tripping coming outside for a piss to get their high.

I can assure you that swigging an entire JD bottle's worth of rancid, refrigerated, day old bourbon piss was pretty fukkin bad, Issy :D

It's bad enough on the way down but the repeats are just... not nice at all :|

Fresh piss is fine. Cold piss ain't. Especially cold boozy piss :!

Considering psilocybin/psilocyin is a special chemical and holds a thread of it's own regard even more so than the regular peevee/mephedrone threads =D ...

I know there is an lsd thread but u can grow these things yourself pretty easily if you know how and have the right equiptment /area ..

I do go picking them, but in the pastures where they grow they seem to have really small maggots in them, golf courses are the best out of season in august...

Anyone have a favourite strain, i paticularly loved the truffles when i first got into psychedelics and they were my very first experience with drugs other than cannabis ..

Never forget that day

Never tried the truffles. Probably will one day though. Used to love trying different strains when they were legal and next day delivery. Can't really remember which ones I favoured though. Am seriously considering growing my own again though. Used to but been ages and never grew more than enough for a few doses at once.

I do go picking them, but in the pastures where they grow they seem to have really small maggots in them

Thats a universal thing. They are smaller than a pinhead and completely harmless and the least of your worries. What about the fact that many mushrooms literally grow out of cow pats, no wonder they taste like shit.

If the maggots really bother you that much, spread the shrooms out on newspaper (turn them every few hours so they dont stick) and all the maggots will crawl out of the shroms as they begin to dry out. Most of the maggots dont survive long enough to get past the newspaper they find themselves on. So its a very effective way of eliminating them.

However, the last i heard, its illegal to take liberty cap mushrooms away from a field and dry them out, but legal to pick and eat as you go. That law may have changed so that even posession of fresh mushies is an offence. I suppose technically if you got down on all 4s and ate them straight out of the ground, you would never really be posessing them, As theyd be going straight from ground to gut, without you even touching them. This may be an urban myth, or a rural one in this case.

If anyone had suspicions about ones sanity, i guess doing this would be all the proof they needed to confirm ones insanity lol.

Last edited:
Never tried the truffles. Probably will one day though. Used to love trying different strains when they were legal and next day delivery. Can't really remember which ones I favoured though. Am seriously considering growing my own again though. Used to but been ages and never grew more than enough for a few doses at once.

yeh i wouldnt mind trying the b strain + blue meanies were definitely the strongest i had i remember dryin them out and gel capping them when they were legal lovely trip, mind you i have eaten massive looking dick shrooms raw wet threw my guts up and had an awful trip (in amsterdam albeit) funny ole things mushrooms :)

^B+ are great and were one of my faves when I used to grow them - I used to mixed them with something like the Colombians/Yangoons etc for a more giggly/colorful trip (B+ and MDMA<3). The Blue Hawaiiians knocked me on my arse - I was stuck to the sofa for almost the full trip :D. We once spent about 8 hours, lying on the sofa watching tv and laughing our asses off at everything - we were properly fucked up but is probably the funniest trip I have ever had. The next day my face and sides were actually sore from laughing so much (I think that was on Mexican's or Thai).

The truffles are nice - give you a great headspace (but I often found myself wanting more from them) so used to mix with other strains.

I miss being able to pop to the shops to pick up a few trays.

I fucking love mushrooms, used to be one of my favourite, will always remember the first week after I'd moved to London for uni in 2003, walking along the canal in Camden and finding this vinil shop that sold them, best price in Camden, used to buy so many, until they banned them in 2005 I tripped on them once a week, every single weekend. Once the ban was looming I bought a growbox.

I grew the Golden Teacher Nepalese strain, the cap looked like the hat of a witch, very good mushrooms, did them mostly fresh but one flush I dried.

The best trip I ever had was on 25 grams of fresh Indian, amazingly visual and intense, the Colombian and Blue Hawaian were excellent as well.

The trufffles were magnificent as well, did them the last time in Amsterdam, very happy trip, light on the brain but with still decent visuals.