• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Made an Honest Mistake w/ my Morphine...Known History of Addiction

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
When I get my pain meds I get 14 day supply at a time, and I separate them into like sets of 1 week each to help me keep in mind how much I have so I don't suddenly realize I'm out of them after like 8 or 9 days.
I got my morphine 2 days ago, but everything else this morning. So I had put away 7 day supply of the morphine when I got them and left 1 weeks worth on my dresser, meaning to put them away later.
My pills came today (everything else) so I took out what I needed, put them on my dresser, then swept them all into my hand and took them.

[NOTE: I'm on 16 different rx meds so I often am taking a literal handful so extra pills wouldn't be noticeable]

I felt a little TOO pain-free just now so I went to check and (you see where I'm going with this..)...YEP. I fucked up and GENUINELY, ACCIDENTALLY took 5 days worth of morphine in one go. I'm fine in terms of I won't OD as this was about 2hrs ago (and it's all IR morphine) but my doctors know I have a history of prescription med (inc. opioids) addiction.

There is no way in HELL are they gonna believe this was an accident. Any more than they'd believe "I lost them" or "they fell down the drain in the sink".

Looking for any advice? Should I call them and just hope they believe me? Lie that something (anything more believable happened) happened? Try and suffer agony + withdrawal for 5 days?*

*I am also prescribed codeine, but that's gonna be very little help, tbh

With all the tools at hand:
9 days Morphine prescription and Codeine to fill up for your mistake I would think it would be doable.
Just space out what you got and use Codeine to fill the shortages. Codeine is the prodrug for Morhine so on paper it should work. No clue what kind of formulation it is in as Caffein is an common additive to it which severely limits Codeine's usefullness. But APAP/ Paracetamol can be CWE-ed out, look the up ´cold water extraction´.

With all the tools at hand:
9 days Morphine prescription and Codeine to fill up for your mistake I would think it would be doable.
Just space out what you got and use Codeine to fill the shortages. Codeine is the prodrug for Morhine so on paper it should work. No clue what kind of formulation it is in as Caffein is an common additive to it which severely limits Codeine's usefullness. But APAP/ Paracetamol can be CWE-ed out, look the up ´cold water extraction´.

Yeah, I was thinking to take either codeine OR morphine for my doses rather than both.

Important warning about the paracetamol! Fortunately, Codeine Phosphate (30mg) is the only active ingredient in the tablets I have. I do have Ibuprofen/Codeine (200/12.8) pills, too, but gonna be careful with them as I don't fancy a peptic ulcer. Any idea if CWE works on Ibuprofen?

if kratom is legal where you are it could help mitigate withdraw ive read a lot of people being concerned that it interferes with the efficacy of other opioids for some varying period of time after you take it though ive never experienced that. if its not attainable where you are ive heard people talking abt using dxm or loperimide but there ability to actually curb withdrawal seems kinda questionable especially considering that loperimide dosnt really cross the bbb and dxm dosnt have too much affinity towards mu. I wouldn't fuck around with poppy seed tea or any of that because its really hard to know your dose.

but also ya no dont tell the doctors they will not believe you

When I get my pain meds I get 14 day supply at a time, and I separate them into like sets of 1 week each to help me keep in mind how much I have so I don't suddenly realize I'm out of them after like 8 or 9 days.
I got my morphine 2 days ago, but everything else this morning. So I had put away 7 day supply of the morphine when I got them and left 1 weeks worth on my dresser, meaning to put them away later.
My pills came today (everything else) so I took out what I needed, put them on my dresser, then swept them all into my hand and took them.

[NOTE: I'm on 16 different rx meds so I often am taking a literal handful so extra pills wouldn't be noticeable]

I felt a little TOO pain-free just now so I went to check and (you see where I'm going with this..)...YEP. I fucked up and GENUINELY, ACCIDENTALLY took 5 days worth of morphine in one go. I'm fine in terms of I won't OD as this was about 2hrs ago (and it's all IR morphine) but my doctors know I have a history of prescription med (inc. opioids) addiction.

There is no way in HELL are they gonna believe this was an accident. Any more than they'd believe "I lost them" or "they fell down the drain in the sink".

Looking for any advice? Should I call them and just hope they believe me? Lie that something (anything more believable happened) happened? Try and suffer agony + withdrawal for 5 days?*

is the codeine and morphine from the same doctor?

what are the rest of the 16rx if you dont mind me asking?

is the codeine and morphine from the same doctor?

what are the rest of the 16rx if you dont mind me asking?

Yes, same doctor.
[might miss a couple out but I think this is all of them] Sertraline 50mg, Sertraline 100mg, Gabapentin, Codeine, Thorazine, Quetiapine 25mg, Quetiapine 100mg, Trazodone, Morphine, Depakote, Naproxen, Omeprazole, Gliclazide, Insulin, Vitamin D*, Cyclizine

*does count as I have a prescription for a dose like 400x stronger than ones you can just buy at a pharmacy. They're two-a-week ones for treating acute deficiencies.

Yes, same doctor.
[might miss a couple out but I think this is all of them] Sertraline 50mg, Sertraline 100mg, Gabapentin, Codeine, Thorazine, Quetiapine 25mg, Quetiapine 100mg, Trazodone, Morphine, Depakote, Naproxen, Omeprazole, Gliclazide, Insulin, Vitamin D*, Cyclizine

*does count as I have a prescription for a dose like 400x stronger than ones you can just buy at a pharmacy. They're two-a-week ones for treating acute deficiencies.
man that is quite a load. What is the logic behind two seperate scripts for sertraline and quetiapine? just monthly doseage?

man that is quite a load. What is the logic behind two seperate scripts for sertraline and quetiapine? just monthly doseage?

The Sertraline I take 150mg and it only comes in 50mg and 100mg doses so I take one of each. The quetiapine is because my doctors has given me the okay to (slowly/carefully) increase or decrease my dose depending on how I am or how much I need. 25mg is a tiny dose so it's easy to use to taper the dose up or down a bit. This is not a regular thing I do with the dosage, but Quetiapine can cause hyperglycemia and I'm diabetic so if my blood sugars start creeping up consistently with no dietary change, it's usually the Quetiapine and they'll return to what they normally are when I decrease my dose. Likewise, if I'm very stressed and start having symptoms, I can increase it.

I might not try to tell a health physician what happened. I know it's probably true for once out of all the junkies that have tried to pull this trick and were actually lying about it, but it is in the realm of possibility you could be red flagged as an addict (or at least monitored very closely which sucks too). People try to say this all the time. If 99% of the time is a complete lie with someone trying to score free extra pills, then for the 1% of the time its not a lie--what do you think the doctor is going to do? Just refill it instantly for the rest of the week? Maybe if it was something soft like gabapentin. The fact that its morphine makes this a no go *in my opinion.* I don't know if your doctor is a cool person. However, just has to be pointed out by someone that explaining this situation to a health professional does have the risk of your script being automatically stripped away. Long-term, I do think not bringing this situation up is best. Unfortunate that it has to be this way, but it is. If you have a perfect record with this doctor, then maybe you could bring it up? Still the risk of the red flag happening is definitely there lol.

You have high opioid tolerance I'm going to guess. Like above user said, codeine won't really put a dent in it. I don't really want to say this but I might as well just say it. If you have an outlet to temporary get something good enough for the pain relief >>>that definitely is not heroin>>>> maybe it would work out until the next refill? I just see this as a dead end and some amount of withdrawal suffering is inevitable from the common suggestion route people will have here.

Last edited:
Informing your doctor is probably not a good idea. People messing up in ways like you have often trigger the full wrath of the prescriber. I would keep it to yourself unless there is a seriously necessary reason to bring it up. In the best of circumstances, you will not get Opioids re-prescribed.

You just need to manage your withdrawal symptoms for a few days. If you need advice in that regard, we've got lots of it.

Yeah, I was thinking to take either codeine OR morphine for my doses rather than both.

Important warning about the paracetamol! Fortunately, Codeine Phosphate (30mg) is the only active ingredient in the tablets I have. I do have Ibuprofen/Codeine (200/12.8) pills, too, but gonna be careful with them as I don't fancy a peptic ulcer. Any idea if CWE works on Ibuprofen?
I thought codeine phosphate only maxed out at 19.35 mg. Didn’t know there was a 30mg variant

I thought codeine phosphate only maxed out at 19.35 mg. Didn’t know there was a 30mg variant

I didn't know there was a 19.35mg form? In my country Codeine Phosphate comes in 15mg, 30mg and 60mg tablets only (the 60mg are only one at a time, you can take two of the 15s or 30s)

EDIT: all of those are prescription only btw (none of them contain any other active ingredients like paracetamol)