• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

lsd receptor saturation dose? [SCRAPS]

ive heard that you get even higher when taking doses over 2000ug

I remember Timothy Leary saying that as long as he told the person concerned he was giving them 250ug he could give them a thousand micrograms and they never knew the difference. I'd say the saturation dose was lower than 1500ug.

I think the key is giving a big dose when the person concerned doesn't KNOW it's a big dose. If you know it's a big dose then your imagination starts kicking in and telling you "This is going to be the arsequake of all arsequakes". If you thought you were getting 250ug you might not notice such an effect.

iirc, don't other certain receptors start getting affected after you reach typical serotonin receptor saturation?

i beleive its a histamine receptor it starts to effect...

i may be wrong, its almost 4am, im tired as fuck and not even sure if i have work today....

what is "3 and 4" receptors?

please god send my some receptor maniac to enlight my wisdom with mighty neuro receptors info

There's no single receptor(s) responsible for music enhancement. It's a much more complicated mechanism.

Yes I was thinking that it isnt just action of one receptor type...
can someone tell me how that complicated mechanism works?

Is it possible to have a ++++ on a smallish dose? Even if only for a couple minutes? Yesterday I was on 3 aparently good hits of acid, 1 makes people have a decent trip, so, there I was lying in my bed, thinking and watching all the halucinations, then before I knew it my world was changing.

It was like the pattern of all my visuals went into another pattern, a pattern inside a pattern, ex. zig zags that then go into larger zig zags. So when that happened, I noticed everything go dark purple and I was in a big purple space of those patterns inside patterns, then all of a sudden all the empty purple started filling up with abunch of ancient symbols that starteed flashing and moving around in a weird manouver.

It was like I was in a completely different world for awhile, nothing at all I could see resembled where I was!

+4's are not dose-dependent. They can happen sober.

While the experience is highly subjective, I do think you would KNOW it if it happened.

From http://www.srds.co.uk/begin/mystical.htm:

Mystical Experiences – criteria for identification
Source: May R M (1991) Cosmic Consciousness Revisited; Element

* Ineffability – the handiest of the marks by which I classify a state of mind as mystical is negative. The subject of it immediately says that it defies expression, that no adequate report of its contents can be given in words. It follows from this that its quality must be directly experienced; it cannot be imparted or transferred to others.
* Noetic quality – Although so similar to states of feeling, mystical states seem to those who experience them to be also states of knowledge. They are states of insight into the depths of truth unplumbed by the discursive intellect. They are illuminations, revelations, full of significance and importance … and as a rule they carry with them a curious sense of authority for after-time.
* Transiency – Mystical states cannot be sustained for long. Except in rare instances, half an hour, or at most an hour or two, seem to be the limit beyond which they fade into the light of common day.
* Passivity – Although the oncoming of mystical states may be facilitated by preliminary voluntary operations, as by fixing the attention, or going through certain bodily performances, or in other ways which manuals of mysticism prescribe; yet when the characteristic sort of consciousness once has set in, the mystic feels as if his own will were in abeyance, and indeed sometimes grasped by a superior power.

The above list is that of William James who himself had no mystical experiences. [Comment: "One of the experiences described by James in The Varieties of Religious Experience and attributed there to an anonymous source was later admitted by James to be his own mystical experience". - Thanks to Ian Robinson, President, Rationalist Society of Australia for the clarification (more)]

Those who have had a mystical experience would add a fifth:

* Oneness – a sense of the Oneness of all Creation, of the One behind the many.

i had what i would call a +3.5 (?) several weeks ago on what was certainly not a high dose.
LSD is just magical that way.

First saturation trip

Ok so I am going to drop 20 hits of 60-90mcg lsd hits,my highest dose was 10 hits.Is there something I should know before trip? If someone done what I plan to do,please,give my some advice... next question is,is there high chance of total ego death? I never had one,from classic psychedelic like mushrooms lsd or mescaline,only one time from salvia.I would smoke weed and preload with piracetam as I do normaly.

Last edited:
I can't offer much advice as I haven't taken nearly that kind of dose ever. The usual rules of Set&Setting definitely apply.

Have you done LSD with preloaded piracetam before? It's known to cause some very intense and unpredictable reactions. It certainly potentiates it but some people say it potentiates it in an intense and unpredictable way. Your LSD dose is quite high as it is; I just thought I'd mention that :)

I'm not sure about the saturation dose.

But I've experienced doses up to approximately 12,000ug

and as dosage increases I find it becomes exponentially more immersive, visually intense, enlightening and prolonged then a dose of approximately 1200.

Uniter - Hi! You are new mod here? Yes,I done it 5 times and I dont trip without piracetam... it brings music intensity and visuals to new level.People think it is something dangerous and unpredictable... but that goes with weed to and nearly everybody smoke ganja on trips.I recomend it,even more if you are electronic dance music maniac like me,dont know how it works but it makes music sound like it was played 10-20% louder and give you ability to hear sub bass freqencies like never before.Humans cant hear bellow 20hz? wrong! ;)

12.000mcg.... hmmm,is it possible to dance and enjoy music at that dose? Isnt your mind so loud and out of control that concentrating purely on music will be difficult? And what about ego distortion?

You can feel sounds below 20hz. Sounds below 7-8hz are lethal. Sounds below 4hz disintegrate the molecular structure of most materials.

The 5HT2a receptor reaches saturation at a dose of between 1.5 & 2mg of LSD, but it also acts at a load of other 5HT subtypes as well as (in order of affinity decending) dopamine, noradrenaline & histamine. All of these are going to in some way influence the subjective nature of the experience, depending upon what activity at these receptors would usually elicit (eg dopamine - wakefulness & euphoria tiurning to hypervigilance & paranoia as influence increases)

iirc, don't other certain receptors start getting affected after you reach typical serotonin receptor saturation?

i beleive its a histamine receptor it starts to effect...

i may be wrong, its almost 4am, im tired as fuck and not even sure if i have work today....

You weren't wrong at all - did you figure out if you had work? =D