• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD - Not what I expected?

Xorkoth said:
Additionally, at very high, totally immersive doses of tryptamines, I have certainly experienced things which I thought were really there, such as entities approaching and interacting with me. Just because you haven't doesn't mean no one has.

The thing is I don't think this is an accurate representation of the psychedelic experience for the vast majority of people. I don't believe the majority of people who take LSD will see 3D aliens appearing in front of them with their eyes open. So why tell everyone that "If you take LSD you see aliens appear in front of you with your eyes closed"? The overwhelming majority won't. Certainly no-one I've ever met has see aliens appear in the room.

What is with your obsession with trying to force your own opinions on everyone anyway? Just accept that different people have different experiences and move on

I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone more than you're trying to force your opinion on me. Do you want me to say "Yeah, you see 3D aliens talking to you in the room with you on acid" when hardly anyone does? I'll buy you a pint if we ever meet X but by golly I won't agree with something I think is inaccurate.

The vast majority of people who take psychedelics arn't going to see 3D aliens in front of them with their eyes open. End of story. I'm willing to accept that there are a minority of people who can see things that arn't there - but I question whether that's got as much to do with their own imagination than the LSD.

Could we have a poll on this and get some idea of how many people have seen a living 3D entity appear in front of them after taking psychedelics so we can check how common it is?

inotocracy said:
Don't see things that aren't there, eh? So I take it my carpet and patterns moving, tracers and clouds flying past the sky at an immense speed must be there then and I just don't notice it sober? 8)

No you're not getting it. There's visual disturbances and patterns but that's not the same thing as having a 3D entity appear in front of you and it start talking to you. Y'follow?

End of story. I'm willing to accept that there are a minority of people who can see things that arn't there - but I question whether that's got as much to do with their own imagination than the LSD.

LSD has directly to do with one's imagination

MaxPowers said:
PinkElephant.jpg

Nice one max :D

MasterOfDeception said:
LSD has directly to do with one's imagination

True - that's why you have reports from totally sober people convinced they have seen ghosts and been aboard spaceships with aliens. Some people have vivid imaginations.

AcidKid said:
LSD doesn't produce true hallucinations. The things you see will be related to your state of mind, if you are euphoric the visuals you get tend to be comforting. If you are dysphoric or begin to experience fear your visuals may become more menacing. LSD only alters your natural perceptions, things warp, breathe, bend, colors and halo's appear sometimes out of no where or around objects. Sometimes your vision can feel blurry, at other times things appear crystal clear. On a nice day nature will be very comforting, a sense of connection with things normally occurs in people first tripping :)

The visuals you get depend on how much you focus on "zoning out" on your thoughts and getting lost in yourself or the music you're listening to.

Nonsense.

Ismene said:
If the perception appears to be real then doesn't that mean you can't distuinguish it from reality?

Think about it.

lol nope, that can be completely different. I can see weird shapes on the ground that appear to be real but I know they are not, just like how I can see full blown objects appear out of no where that appear to be real.

Ismene said:
I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone more than you're trying to force your opinion on me. Do you want me to say "Yeah, you see 3D aliens talking to you in the room with you on acid" when hardly anyone does? I'll buy you a pint if we ever meet X but by golly I won't agree with something I think is inaccurate.

The vast majority of people who take psychedelics arn't going to see 3D aliens in front of them with their eyes open. End of story. I'm willing to accept that there are a minority of people who can see things that arn't there - but I question whether that's got as much to do with their own imagination than the LSD.

Could we have a poll on this and get some idea of how many people have seen a living 3D entity appear in front of them after taking psychedelics so we can check how common it is?

I don't disagree with everything you're saying... what sparked me originally was when you said that seeing rows of teeth opening and closing on the wall was nonsense. I think that sort of hallucination is rather common to have on tryptamines and not nonsense at all.

And I'm sure seeing "3D aliens" is uncommon (which is not what I said... I said entities; for example, rippling areas which took on the form of a small boy which seemed to interact with me over the course of several hours, which my fiance who was not tripping also experienced. It seems like you using the term "3D aliens" is another attempt at making the situation sound ridiculous by using a reference that people would more likely think sounded silly). But you've been trying to say it's not going to happen, that it's impossible, that it's not in the nature of the drugs, and I'm trying to say that's silly to say, because obviously it happens for some people.

I get your point that maybe we shouldn't say that's what is going to happen to someone.

Cloudy said:
lol nope, that can be completely different. I can see weird shapes on the ground that appear to be real but I know they are not, just like how I can see full blown objects appear out of no where that appear to be real.

Yeah but that's nothing to do with hallucinations. In the definition you gave hallucinations "appear to be real" because they cannot be distuingished from reality. Y'follow? If the hallucination was something you could distuingish from reality he wouldn't have bothered saying they "appear to be real".

Think about it.

Xorkoth said:
I don't disagree with everything you're saying... what sparked me originally was when you said that seeing rows of teeth opening and closing on the wall was nonsense.

Ah..that's different X. I didn't realise you meant you were seeing the teeth in a wall - I thought you meant appearing in mid-air in 3D out of nowhere.

If you look at wall with any kind of pattern on it for long enough your brain automatically tries to make sense of it and create objects. It's a survival technique humans developed to pick predators out of dark areas. Just like when you look at clouds you can swear you can see Josef Stalin. I certainly agree this effect is enhanced when you're on LSD.

It seems like you using the term "3D aliens"

I'm just trying to clarify what people are seeing. If you're saying you're seeing these patterns in a wall then I agree that's entirely possible. It's the bit where they appear out of nowhere in the middle of the room in 3 dimensions that I don't agree with.

^Smoke DMT. Report back. You'll see.

Ismene said:
Ah..that's different X. I didn't realise you meant you were seeing the teeth in a wall - I thought you meant appearing in mid-air in 3D out of nowhere.

If you look at wall with any kind of pattern on it for long enough your brain automatically tries to make sense of it and create objects. It's a survival technique humans developed to pick predators out of dark areas. Just like when you look at clouds you can swear you can see Josef Stalin. I certainly agree this effect is enhanced when you're on LSD.

It seems like you using the term "3D aliens"

I'm just trying to clarify what people are seeing. If you're saying you're seeing these patterns in a wall then I agree that's entirely possible. It's the bit where they appear out of nowhere in the middle of the room in 3 dimensions that I don't agree with.

My tooth-spiral appeared out of thin-air. It didn't just pop up, but morphed from whatever other visual I was having prior to it.

Ismene said:
No you're not getting it. There's visual disturbances and patterns but that's not the same thing as having a 3D entity appear in front of you and it start talking to you. Y'follow?

Ah I see. But, still, wouldn't those be hallucinations since they aren't necessarily "there"? Its a hallucination, but just one that derives from something thats really there. I can't think of an example right now but I've had flat out hallucinations off potent blotter before where something that wasn't there WAS (I honestly just cant think of one at the moment). Mostly abstract stuff, nothing ever like a bunny talking to me.

I've seen crazy shit, I've watched clouds change in to many different things, even change in to me. I've seen posters totally morph in to a different object, I have seen leaves that turned in to mushrooms.... I dunno if I am just sensitive visuals or what but I get those when I take ~4 hits

lol thats amazing how sidetracked my topic got from these people, but either way, I wasn't meaning "literrally" pink elephants, they were just a random thing I thought of to represent "hallucinations":)

MaxPowers said:
someone who may or not be me

(okay, okay, it's me)

is taking a ten strip this weekend.

I'll be damned if i don't see pink elephants!! :X :X :X

:!

unless you got some weak doses, best of luck to you my friend that should be a very strong trip

Slightly off topic seeing as the discussion is LSD, but I was at a club with some guys years ago and we had some Ecstacy pills (printed with Genie Lamps) that were known for being extremely potent. At one point, two of the guys (in the middle of the dance floor no less) were convinced that there were fun park slides with kids sliding down them in the middle of the dance floor!) ;o)
That same night, one of the guys came to show me his watch which he proclaimed that he had smashed the clock face. I looked at it and it had a huge crack down the face.
Next morning we looked and it was perfect! LoL!

I've seen some pretty nice visuals/hallucinations on low doses of LSD - the first time I ever took it, I walked outside of the club, looked up at the night sky and the city became digitised (almost like a Matrix effect!) - very cool!
...and as for mushrooms - I've seen some utterly insane things on Mushrooms...

Ismene said:
Yeah but that's nothing to do with hallucinations. In the definition you gave hallucinations "appear to be real" because they cannot be distinguished from reality. Y'follow? If the hallucination was something you could distuingish from reality he wouldn't have bothered saying they "appear to be real".

Think about it.

If they wanted to say can't be distinguished from reality they would have said delusions or plain and simple, can't distinguish from reality.

Also when I've trip and I've seen a hallucination I've said, hey these look extremely real with the complete knowledge of it beginning a false.

Really there is no point in arguing with you. Good day.