View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD - Not what I expected?

papaown

Bluelighter
I was with my friend today, it was his first time ever taking LSD. He took 1.5 hits, and chewed up the Sweettart (it was dropped on there and then dried, then was in the refrigerator for a night then taken) and held all of the candy under his tung for a while and then swallowed. I'm pretty sure this is the correct way, but correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, he said he felt a massive euphoria, and he felt like he was in a new land that he has newly discovered, but he didn't see like stuff popping out and lights inverting and the weird stories I've always heard. I have never had LSD before, and I'm planning on taking 2 hits this Friday, is this what I'm supposed to expect, or do most people actually see visuals? It kind of feels like a let down that I won't see stuff "popping" at me and seeing pure hallucinations like I've always heard, but his trip seemed like he had a blast.

adrian89987 said:
most people see visuals when the dose is sufficient

Since acid is nearly dry in my area, I will not be getting any more soon, will adding some Shrooms with the acid amplify the trip a little better since 2 hits will not get me hallucinating much?

Doing shrooms along with it should definitely amplify it though...I'd recommend taking it alone though since it is your first time with acid.

Even without visuals the mind effects are still extremely enjoyable, tripping doesnt have to be all about visuals...see where your mind can take you

You're not going to see anything that isn't there. It's a psychedelic not a deliriant.

not everyone gets the visuals. i never did. multiple doses, long term use...purely mental for me. the first time i mixed it with mdma though...whoah...massive visuals.

i am thankful for that though, i don't use psychs to see crazy shit, i used to explore my mind and the world, so i am happy with my heads decision to just not go there. :)

DarthMom said:
not everyone gets the visuals. i never did. multiple doses, long term use...purely mental for me. the first time i mixed it with mdma though...whoah...massive visuals.

i am thankful for that though, i don't use psychs to see crazy shit, i used to explore my mind and the world, so i am happy with my heads decision to just not go there. :)

Visuals assist me in exploring the world with my mind while seeing how reality is made up.

papaown said:
It kind of feels like a let down that I won't see stuff "popping" at me and seeing pure hallucinations like I've always heard, but his trip seemed like he had a blast.
I'm reasonably experienced with acid and I've never seen "pure hallucinations' before. You don't actually see things that aren't there, but rather your perception of the things you're seeing is altered.

Example: At a doof a few years ago, I was lying down on the grass and watching this MASSIVE horses head nodding up and down with it's white mane blowing in the breeze. It turns out it was actually 2 girls dancing on top of a water tank =D

Also, the euphoria is pretty awesome with acid so don't undermine it. You won't be let down :)

Enjoy!!

LSDreamer said:
You're not going to see anything that isn't there. It's a psychedelic not a deliriant.

Bullshit. I've had spiral visions of teeth opening and closing, seen spinning geometric orbs floating above me. Depends on the dose.

I took Acid for the first time few days ago, dropped it with E.. I didnt see hallucinations until 2-3hrs after dropping.

And i saw exactly what n3ophy7e was saying, where i'd be staring at something and it'd form into something, for example the tree's shadows on a tent i was looking at formed into what looked like flames with faces, dancing up and down with the beat of the music.

Most of my trip was an out of body experience more then hallucinations, but i did still see some.

psycosynthesis said:
Bullshit. I've had spiral visions of teeth opening and closing, seen spinning geometric orbs floating above me. Depends on the dose.

Is this open-eye visuals? If so then that's probably the placebomine rather than the LSD. If you honestly believe with all your heart you are going to see pink elephants tip-toeing through the treetops wearing yellow tu-tu's then it's possible for you to convince yourself that you are seeing it.

LSD doesn't cause hallucinations of things that arn't there. It isn't like "Hole in My shoe". It makes the world look like a painting, you get slight variations and movements of things that are already there but forget the bollocks about pink elephants. It ain't gonna happen.

I get tracers...things stay in my vision or a few seconds after I stop looking at them. Also, when looking at trees it's like I can see every individual leaf and it's own unique movements, very beautiful indeed.

Walls breathe, my perception of distance is altered, sometimes there is a lot more 'feedback' in my vision, which I have normally though.

well i also have tracers, but lsd incredibly enhance the beauty of the world, i have massive visuals on the sky and clouds, clouds are allways in kind of circular, mouvement, or spiral one, depends of the clouds, all my clothes look so beautiful and new, even the stones or bricks looked polished an with enhanced colors, it allready happen to me to cry of happiness seeing so much beauty, i definitely have great visuals while on lsd, cars breathing etc....

Ismene said:
psychosynthesis said:
Bullshit. I've had spiral visions of teeth opening and closing, seen spinning geometric orbs floating above me. Depends on the dose
Is this open-eye visuals? If so then that's probably the placebomine rather than the LSD. If you honestly believe with all your heart you are going to see pink elephants tip-toeing through the treetops wearing yellow tu-tu's then it's possible for you to convince yourself that you are seeing it.

LSD doesn't cause hallucinations of things that arn't there. It isn't like "Hole in My shoe". It makes the world look like a painting, you get slight variations and movements of things that are already there but forget the bollocks about pink elephants. It ain't gonna happen.

Experiencing orbs and spiral visions of teeth opening and closing is hardly uncommon for a high-dose tryptamine experience...

LSDreamer said:

So you're saying the colors and patterns I was seeing on my walls were actually there?!

Aopocetx said:
So you're saying the colors and patterns I was seeing on my walls were actually there?!

Well, what I meant was you're not going to see flying pink elephants or anything similar to what you see in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Edit: And to the OP: LSD is nothing like what you expect; it's a hundred thousand times better.

I think the truth lies somewhere between the two poles (as ever). With medium doses and higher, I have certainly seen things that weren't there ...... strange and beautiful penny-farthing type byicycles with parasols floating in the air, psychedelic magical lantern-like contraptions hanging suspended in the air all around me. I think the term OEV's adequately describes these things, but they do have an hallucinatory aspect - they aren't really there, and yet they are clearly visible!

I think it depends on your imagination :)

And just as a footnote, I totally agree with LSDreamer - at the right dose, set, etc., etc., it is absolutely wonderful.

Ismene said:

Sure but you might for example see yourself as an elf in the mirror.
or if you get deep into trance and let go , you might notice projections of your mind's fantasy on the external world..

Ismene, my experiences have been quite different from what you describe (albeit I speak of mainly administering tryptamines with a method that results in very high peak plasma levels such as vaporizing them).

Intense/high dosage tryptamine (or ergoloid) trips you will DEFINITELY see things that are not there: geometric patterns, jewels floating in space, diamonds, gridwork, etc. On very high doses these visuals will interlock together and from the chaos there will be formed scenes of futuristic cities, landscapes with alien plants, entities that may or may not recognize you and communicate with you (you will interpret what they are saying to you through a link that is telepathic in nature).

Very much is possible in the psychedelic experience.

I've seen loads of stuff that isn't there, unless you're telling me that there really is a wave of peacock feathers washing over the room occasionally.