• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD - Not what I expected?

Ismene said:
I think that's got more to do with you than the LSD. If you really want to believe you can see things you don't need LSD to do it - you can talk to drunks every night who swear they can see things that arn't there. Some people can convince themselves of anything.

Incidentally was this hair belonging to someone who was actually in the room with you? Or did hair just appear in front of you in an empty room and start platting itself?

You misunderstood what I was saying about the painting too, I was saying that, as Benny Shannon points out on his book on ayahuasca, the world can take on a painting-like appearance when you are on psychedelics - that's a long way away from seeing pink elephants.

I've been at points during trips where NOTHING that I see is actually real. Like completely surrounded by paterns and colors (imagine the rainbow road level on mario kart). I've also seen "monsters" that weren't there. But this happens on a very high dose (ie several drops from a strong vial).

When I take 1 or 2 blotters i usually get nothing more than faint patterns and ecstasy like trailing. So it all depends on the dose I guess.

When I took 4 hits of some really good shit I watched this poster of Minneapolis turn in to a bunch of skeletons with top hats moving around, it was nuts.... but these type of visuals are only common at higher doses

Cloudy said:
If they wanted to say can't be distinguished from reality they would have said delusions or plain and simple, can't distinguish from reality.

No they wouldn't because delusion is merely a synonym of hallucination. They have said exactly what they wanted to say quite accurately.

Hallucinogen is, at this point, the most commonly used term. But there is a dissatisfaction with it, which seems--at least, to me--to have been growing over the years. The problem is that it, too, seems to be an inaccurate description of the effect of these drugs based on a poor understanding of the effects. Despite the archetype of acidheads tripping out and staring at the pretty colors or interacting with things that aren't there, only a small percentage of users seems to actually report hallucinations. Although many do report some form of altered perception, it is far from universal and generally limited to distortions of actually present objects--and the user can generally recognize both what the object really is and that their senses are altering it. A hallucination, on the other hand, is ideally something which literally isn't there. As such, many have suggested that the term is better used to refer to tropane alkaloids such as atropine or scopolamine, which can induce visions that seem to be unrelated to one's actual surroundings. As such, those drugs are often referred to as the "true hallucinogens" to distinguish them from the more common and broader use of the term.

http://neurophile.blogspot.com/2006/07/question-of-terminology-how-do-we.html

sometimes its very hard to tell that its not real IMO. sometimes i forget that i even dosed at all. sometimes i forget my name, where i am, and why im there. but in the end i usually end up finding myself.

i dont think its a matter of whats real and whats not. its just a matter of what is happening and what you are experiencing. :)

you wont get like a halucination of somthing that isnt there
just mad shit
one of the times i took cid i took two tabs of 40 licks
some propper strong stuff
and at first all i could see was a grey background with question marks all over the place.
later that night i lost my mind tho lol

yeh lsd's a very good drug
and even though it might not be what you expect
what youll get youl love!

peace. x

I've done two hits of gels before (never doing gels again...so bored of em), and only ever had 1 real visual effect, outside of some basic 'breathing', 'squirming', etc. The first time I did acid I was in a tent in my backyard, and when I circled the house to enter the front door, these two small potted trees that we had were standing across the stairs leading up to the porch, dancing back and forth and blocking my path. Totally fuckin crazy. I ran like hell back to the tent and didn't leave till morning. I didn't see the plants before I rounded the corner, so I doubt they were brought on by what I saw in the environment, and while I kinda-sorta knew they couldn't really be doing that, I really couldn't seem to convince myself they were unreal. So, hallucinations on lcd. I've only ever had gels before, and usually do 2 hits, which doesn't seem to do much to me. Gonna try 4 hits of some papers soon, hopefully he gets 'em within the next day or two...

The medium that the LSD is on has nothing to do with the quality of the material. Don't pass up gel tabs in the future, you might be missing out on some great acid!

n3ophy7e said:
I'm reasonably experienced with acid and I've never seen "pure hallucinations' before. You don't actually see things that aren't there, but rather your perception of the things you're seeing is altered.

Example: At a doof a few years ago, I was lying down on the grass and watching this MASSIVE horses head nodding up and down with it's white mane blowing in the breeze. It turns out it was actually 2 girls dancing on top of a water tank =D

Also, the euphoria is pretty awesome with acid so don't undermine it. You won't be let down :)

Enjoy!!

the euphoria is fucking amazing. best feeling in the world.

ecstasy seems like such a "fake" , drug . lsd is the real deal.

LSDreamer said:
You're not going to see anything that isn't there. It's a psychedelic not a deliriant.
DMT is a hallucinogen and it causes amazingly intense true hallucinations and it's not a deliriant. But with most hallucinogens it just alters the way your brain takes in sensory information, not creating it.

It is 100% possible to see complex, "3D" objects that emerge 'out of nowhere' on high enough doses of LSD. It's not a typical experience, but it's certainly possible. Unlike deleriants, there is not a sense that these observations are completely normal; depending on mindset they may or may not be seen as 'real,' but they are certainly recognised as something extraordinary. Personally, that's how I would define the distinction between psychedelic visuals and deleriant-induced hallucinations (e.g., seeing dead relatives on a datura trip but for some reason just accepting that they are, in fact, present at the time), but that's a matter of semantics.

solistus said:
It is 100% possible to see complex, "3D" objects that emerge 'out of nowhere' on high enough doses of LSD. .

It's possible but I don't think it's got much to do with the LSD. Some people have vivid imaginations - that's why you often see psychedelic type imagery that was drawn by buddhists and hindus thousands of years ago. There's a small minority of people who can convince themselves they are seeing things and this is probably enhanced by LSD.

^I think that's more of a result of deep meditation, which can induce a psychedelic state.

^^
Would meditation produce a psychedelic state in the majority of people tho? I dunno about you but if I could reach a fullblown psychedelic state through meditation I wouldn't be using psychedelics.

A lot of the hindus used to starve themselves until they were delerious or live in caves until the isolation and darkness affected their minds.

And you get people seeing 3D visions in front of them even without meditation. Moses saw the burning bush, the bible chapter Revelations reads like one long acid trip and there's no tradition of meditation in the christian religion. So how did someone 2000 years ago come up with stuff like this unless we go with the theory that they were all on psychedelic drugs.

Then he showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal,
flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the
street of the city; also, on the other side of the river, the tree of
life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month;
and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Certain people just seem to have the ability to convince themselves they can see things.

I had heard no stories of my circling jaws of doom thank you mate. Get over it. You're pushing a boulder up hill. The experience is subjective. Enough people have described experiences/visuals/hallucinations/other terms for the same phenomeon which don't fit into your perception of things, and I'm sure thousands of others without internet acess or knowledge of BL have too.

^^
Maybe but there are thousands of people who swear they've seen ghosts and UFO's appear in front of them too. I don't believe it's a common occurence tho. I don't believe many people will see the circling jaws of doom on acid.

Can you clutch those straws any harder? The experience for them might have been real within their own perceptions, and if our perceptions are what construe our reality then those experiences were real to the people who experienced them. Just like my revolving jaws of doom.

I think we need a poll to get some idea of how common it is to see 3D objects that arn't there appear in front of you.

And how common it is to see the circling jaws of doom.