• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD mind games

What if you were to just meditate the whole trip? That would take you too a deep trip, speaking of i'll try that soon!

Do it :) Meditating is awesome for comeups; at least, breath meditation is. When I'm peaking, playing a drum is one of the most enTRANC(E)ing things to do. Your mind plays mind games on itself; everything is like a zen koan.

Nothing is real: fuck, if NOTHING itself is real, then the phrase nothing is real can't be true. Hmm.......

Those are some dickish thing to do.

Worst mindgame I had on me was when I was on a heroic dose of LSD I was on the toilet for around 5 minutes and my girlfriend came in and said:
"OMG I've been looking for you for ages and was worried sick, you have been gone for hours i was about to ring everyone up for help"

She persisted with this lie and got me to believe I'd been missing for hours which then lead me to imagine some crazy journey I had been on when I was trying to remember what happened in those hours.

Mind games aren't fun.

that is pretty funny....

We used to write various messages of positivity or useful thoughts like ....

"dont worry, your tripping on acid"

"the light switch is on the left"

"there is a big bowl of prepared fruit and other snacks in the fridge"

"there is more music in this drawer"

"art supplies"

"go with it"

etc, etc...

onto post it notes and place them in the appropriate places to assist later....

Some times we would write messages about each other or a small sentence or two about a memory of ours etc...

love this. i wrote about 6 paragraphs before and looked at it the day after was amazed at the way my thoughts wetn. wish i still had a copy of it

^ HH's post that got quoted there just reminded me of a neat inspirational card set made by Brian Eno and and Peter Schmidt called Oblique Strategies. Sometimes I will leave this set of cards out when I trip and pull one out at random to give me something to think about for a while.

Here's an online version for people to check out.

CatfishRivers;8879924Here's an [URL="http://music.hyperreal.org/artists/brian_eno/oblique/oblique.html" said:
online version[/URL] for people to check out.

I like this very much. I think I might have to incorporate these cards into the next trip.

<3

There are always a small group of people or an individual around a tripped that tries to "scare them" or "freak them out", I personally don't play along very well and get ass-kicking mad if someone is basically trying to tease me while i'm trying to get somewhere deep and important, and all they are doing is is screaming bloody murder in a full car to try and get underneath our trip.

Ass....Ripping...mad

LSD can get me into a far more "animal" state than my ordinary waking state and if I feel clausrophobic around a bunch of jackasses that I KNOW are trying to fuck with me... well i've been known to talk circles around them while tripping or kicking them out of a moving car onto their own front lawn...jackasses, no time for them.

The craziest mind game though that I've ever seen is somebody gave my friend a line of sugar whilst he was tripping and told him that it was molly. Within a couple minutes that friend was ROLLING BALLS. He could barely control himself. The placebo effect of LSD truly is incredible.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA. That is wonderful!

The light show or placebo stuff on the other hand, that's just pure genius. Any way to make your friends trip harder without using more drugs is a win in my book.

This.

Having a friend snort sugar is weak, but the results? Thumbs up, I mean, he didn't mind it. In fact he loved it!

have a friend who was terrified of butterflies. She apparently saw a dead beaver on acid and it was covered in butterflies. Now she thinks butterflies eat beavers. so me and another friend were at the zoo... and I saw these fun butterfly facts "they can taste with there feet", and "they cant hear but they can feel vibrations" .... so joking I said "beaver eating butterflies... they can taste your fear.... through there feet". Sad, but true story. If you gang up the courage to poke the google. Butterflies do taste stuff with there feet. They also can not hear music, but they can feel the vibrations. Imagine if you were a butterfly and you could only taste with your feet? Everything tasting all weird..... but feeing music vibrations? spending the rest of your life like this.... anyways, butterflies really don't eat beavers tried to prove it to her, but no luck.

sick puppys, all of you.

I was tripping and decided to go watch t.v. The person I was with put on the movie weird science, holy shit it was crazy. I felt like I was in the movie. It got so intense that I told them to change the channel.

I was tripping and decided to go watch t.v. The person I was with put on the movie weird science, holy shit it was crazy. I felt like I was in the movie. It got so intense that I told them to change the channel.

Chickenshit! =D

(Just kidding, man.... I definitely understand certain things, especially hyperkinetic whacked-out stuff on a TV screen being just too damn intense or irritating while tripping)

one of my friends convinced my Ex girlfriend (we were together at the time) that there was a fire-breathing species of lemurs.

I walked into them having this conversation that was just so rediculous, She was always really gullible but I had NO IDEA she was this gullible...

he basically explained to her that indigenous people use them for fire poi ... He explained that they have a gland in their tail that you can squeeze that causes them to excrete a flamable liquid from their mouths. And that their teeth are made of some material similar to flint and that to start them off you have to squeeze them really firmly so they clench their teeth and spark the fire....

he then mentioned that they only produce a certain amount of this flamable liquid a day so you have to let them rest, and for that reason he always would bring a minimal of four lemurs to their outdoor parties...

I walk into the room to my girlfriend saying "Chris, is bryan telling the truth, Have you seen him dance with lemurs before?"

my response....

"What's a Lemur?"

then my friend and my ex both start telling me the story and I look at bryan like "omg, I cant believe you got her to believe this" and I looked at my ex like "I wonder if I can convince you semen whitens teeth and builds strong bones...."

Do it :) Meditating is awesome for comeups; at least, breath meditation is. When I'm peaking, playing a drum is one of the most enTRANC(E)ing things to do. Your mind plays mind games on itself; everything is like a zen koan.

Nothing is real: fuck, if NOTHING itself is real, then the phrase nothing is real can't be true. Hmm.......

Yea, the meditation where you try to just NOT have any thoughts, and any that do occur, just LET GO OF THEM, and let them evaporate or float on by like puffy white clouds.

Doing this especially with any and all negative trip thoughts, feelings, visuals, try to DIS-identify with them, see them all as insubstantial evaporating clouds puffed out by somewhere in your head that are NOT really real, just ephemeral illusions invented by some silly part of your own brain stimulated by the drug... let your head be as EMPTY and free of thoughts as you possibly can....

VERY good way to deal with difficult trips... usually defeats them in short order. And can lead you see yourself from a higher point of view, like you are the BIG EYE floating above and behind yourself... watching the watcher as it were.

It can get really cosmic really fast!

if you know the band Negativland, they do they kind of mind games I like. Kinda like HH's story...once while driving home, I heard a newscast and the reporter voice was going on about how a new primary color had been discovered at the bottom of the ocean floor, called Squant. And how it was impossible for papers or tv news to accurately report it yet because no one was equipped to produce the color Squant since all technology was built upon the current known primary colors.

I was so floored by this. I could feel my heart beating faster in my chest, and I couldn't wait to get home and tell everyone I knew! But then the "broadcast" came to a close and was followed by some indie rock music and I realized I didn't have NPR on but instead a local college radio station, and soon enough the dj came on and rattled off all the bands played and that is how I learned about Negativland. I was a little sad to learn it was a prank and not a real discovery...but at least I discovered Negativland that day. I'm so glad I did to, they make so much of these types of wonderful mind game type songs-skits. Totally recommended!

Just wanted to add a story of this type of shit, and how bad it can be. A buddy of mine was in the car with some kids after a concert, and was the only one tripping. These kids were fucking with him(jokingly), and confusing him for part of the car ride, and my friend decided to look out the window.

After a while his head gets confused and twisted on it's own, and he is all fried, doesn't know where he is really or what is happening. Then one person asks him "You alright, bro?" shines a light (from a phone) on him and grabs him. My tripping friend socked him in the face, grabbed the phone and cracked it in half then threw it out the moving car. After his confusion he just sat and looked out the window until he got back.

He won't talk about it much, and I'm sure because it was just a horrible trip and he doesn't remember much of what was running through his head. Just don't go too far, I'm guessing a tripping person could win a lot of fights.

I've been fucked with HARD on K. Now there is a (fairly) harmless game. Shit's already so confusing, adding to the confusion just makes you laugh more :p

Personally, when i am tripping with people and someone starts acting retarded i walk away. When someone tries to fuck with my i look them square in the eye and say "Im tripping; Im not retarded..", and if i see someone being unreasonable with someone else, i tell them to shut the fuck up and leave, since it is ALWAYS someone who isn't tripping and almost always someone who never has.

In terms of mind GAMES however, fully immersing yourself into a movie/video game/book is awesome when you forgot whats real at points since this can happen on a much smaller scale while sober all the time. Fun word games, hide and seek, tag, FRISBEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, etc. are all awesome.

Theres a mind game I play with myself when I'm tripping that is sort of based off of something Herman Hesse said about the interconnectedness of all people "If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us. "
I imagine that I've just physically crawled into my mind and that everyone and everything I see is a manifestation of my own psyche. I then just sit back and listen to myself (everyone else) talk and see what I have to say about things.

I had a "friend"- quite a cruel person in general really- who threw a big spider on me when I was tripping. He pretended he was passing me a hacky-sack, and just dumped a big hairy huntsman spider on me. Fortunately, I like spiders, but I was shocked (momentarily) that the hackysack was alive.

This will sound elitist, and is- but people who do that sort of thing have no right to be tripping. Fuck them.

Jesus-Christ-on-a-Ten-Strip! I'd HATE to have some Asshole throw one of those things on me when I was tripping:X :X(and I like insects & arachnids in general).

Willow's "Friend" should be thrown into a 60 meter deep smooth concrete pit filled with Golden Orb Spiders. Then we would ALL get the Joke=D

While this topic started off on a bad note we could try and salvage it. I think there are good ways of utilising the mind-fuck aspect of psychedelics, for one, I normally don't enjoy video games while tripping, but my last trip I was playing Left 4 Dead (a zombie game) and I told myself that the zombies were like all the negative aspects in my life that were getting me down, and as I killed each zombie I felt like a burden was lifted off my shoulders and I was becoming problem free. I think that's why so many cultures have strange "rituals", because when combined with psychedelics there really is some "magic" behind it.

I think playing mind games on people who are tripping is a very STUPID thing to do. The mind is in a different state and messing with it could make for a bad trip or complications, which is NOT FUNNY AT ALL.

Grow up, respect the power concealed within psychedelics.