• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD mind games

If it's a way of bonding with your friends and creating some kind of scenario in which a deep level of trust is established and proven, that's cool... kind of like what they say S&M sex is really all about, which this bears alot of similarities to, IMO.

But in general, in most cases, I think all this "mind game" shit is really just a big ego-trip for the "top" who is fucking with the head of the unfortunate victim. It CAN lead to psychological/emotional damage and is just a retarded, juvenile way to behave and prove ones "top dog" dominance over others... it stems from the suppressed insecurities of the one doing the messing-with and his pathetic need to act-out some kind of idiotic "superiority" to make his own injured hidden inner child feel better about itself, when really some sort of psychotherapy is in order.

Let your trips be about YOUR OWN relationship with yourself and the Cosmos, not about how big or powerful you are in your silly little social cluster-fuck realm and how much you can mess up someone else up. Sit peacefully, close your eyes, meditate, listen to music, visualize, go inside and contact your own inner truth. etc. Playing dumb games & messing with others' personalities is ultimately stupid, empty, and utterly unrewarding for everyone, as "personality" is really just an evaporating illusion generated by a set of defensive mental subroutines. Sadly wasted time and energy. Grow up.

Last edited:
I have had my cousin try to play mind games with my while tripping on shrooms. He'd hide behind things and say demonic messages. I just thought it was kinda weird of funny.

It is probably more annoying than anything though. That's why I generally don't tell people that I'm tripping, cause some will try and fuck with you as if they think you will believe anything cause "your on drugs"

theres mind games and theres mind *ucks. Games are ok, games are fun. Just make sure everyone is playing, and it's not just one guy getting mind*ucked. It really suprises me that anyone on acid would feel a desire to screw over another person, never mind another person on acid. It's difficult to comprehend for me, but i have experienced a bad trip in the past and it's not someting i would wish on a friend thats for damn sure (i managed to reverse it by changing scenery and get back on a good one but there was some moments of real panic before that).
If you havent seen the movie "dead man shoes", watch it.

what about purposefully positive mind games? Instead of telling someone they are a murderer on lsd, why not tell them that they're artwork is amazing and has been getting better throughout the night, or maybe tell them they are the best friend you've ever had, or that you think that they are probably the luckiest person you've ever met and that they're good luck is like a glowing aura that you can see and that you're positive something awesome is going to happen to them...

More like this please.

My trips have gone all kinds of screwy over just trying to ascertain if someone had a cut or not, or whether there was water on the floor and where it came from. I can imagine what a well meaning friend could wreak if he got tricky.

this one time i took 3 hits of fairly strong blotter at a music festival. we were on the train home and my friend asked me if i had a black eye, so i looked in the mirror and thought i had one too, so then i was contemplating whether i had been in a fight that night and got knocked out and didnt remember what happened. i realized soon enough we were just hallucinating lol. felt like total fast forward in life at the time though

What if we had psychedelic fortune cookies? Crack one open and it would say something trippy, like: "The reverse side has a reverse side." and on the other side "The reverse side has a reverse side."

What if we had psychedelic fortune cookies? Crack one open and it would say something trippy, like: "The reverse side has a reverse side." and on the other side "The reverse side has a reverse side."

that is pretty funny....

We used to write various messages of positivity or useful thoughts like ....

"dont worry, your tripping on acid"

"the light switch is on the left"

"there is a big bowl of prepared fruit and other snacks in the fridge"

"there is more music in this drawer"

"art supplies"

"go with it"

etc, etc...

onto post it notes and place them in the appropriate places to assist later....

Some times we would write messages about each other or a small sentence or two about a memory of ours etc...

^these are great.

I also like the idea of positive-pushing. I have had one opportunity to trip-sit someone who was on a HIGH dose of mushrooms... he was deep inside his own insecurities and was very unsure of how he wanted his life to proceed in the future. I was able to remember my own quandaries (on the same batch of shrooms just a week before) and felt like a modern shaman (lol) guiding him through his own life path into understanding what he wanted to do.

according to his good friend, he made many positive changes in his life after that trip-- going back to school, generally having a better outlook on situations, and other catalytic results.

i think i recall one of the most profound things i said to him (or at least he took it to be very profound for himself)-- he was concerned about 'what does it all mean' in terms of life, the universe, and everything. i was able to tell him that the world is his oyster, and he was placed on this planet to do things that no one else had done before, because he is different from all other who have come before him. therefore it is up to him to discover the new and exciting things that can be performed in this wild and wonderful world. with great power comes great responsibility, so he could not allow himself to fall into old patterns of weakness. the world belongs wholly to each of us, so it is up to us to give and take the things that we see to have the greatest positive impact on those whom we love and cherish.

i haven't seen him recently, but i can only hope that he is still acting out these positive changes.

But in general, in most cases, I think all this "mind game" shit is really just a big ego-trip for the "top" who is fucking with the head of the unfortunate victim. It CAN lead to psychological/emotional damage and is just a retarded, juvenile way to behave and prove ones "top dog" dominance over others... it stems from the suppressed insecurities of the one doing the messing-with and his pathetic need to act-out some kind of idiotic "superiority" to make his own injured hidden inner child feel better about itself, when really some sort of psychotherapy is in order.

"Game" does not imply win/lose competition.

The point of a "game" is to have fun.

Lost though we might find ourselves in definition, do try to remember that at the end of the day, we are simply trying to do just this.

Just because one person plays a kind of game with their tripping companions, does not mean that everyone will have the same enjoyment. To each, his own.

You should now read the first word of each line in this reply, from bottom to top. (don't get it?) Now lighten up.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a great group. Unfortunately my only experience with tripping mind games were those initiated by dolts, hence my aversion I suppose.

Because It isnt a mind game if you are just telling them the truth.

On another note, The mind games are not negative. If you think mind games are negative, then you are just being an asshole, or your friend is being an asshole (not playing mind games, or they just dont know where to stop)

The types of games we play are usual where someone unintentionally says something that can be misconstrued to something completely different , then someone catches it and replies with a quick witty one liner that is ridiculously ambiguous. This basically keeps snowballing until eventuall we move on from one liners and start sort of freestyle storytelling about random thoughts that come through our head... its kind of like playing one of those word association things and trying to fuck with the person interpretting or something, but usually we just end up sort of speaking in poetry about randomness and eventuall erupt into unstoppable gigglefest for a good time.

Each gigglefest signifies time to go back to normal until later on one of us accidentally says something that sets us up for the process to start all over again....

I wish I could explain better than that, but you would just have to experience it to understand. Its funny too because we never discussed making this into a game, or any rules or anything, or any point or objective... we all just started doing it, because IT FEELS SO RIGHT

yeah i don't think i was putting down that sort of game, that sounds fun and creative...

...but trying convince someone they had repressed memories of having murdered someone while they are tripping...that kind of shit is demonic behavior in my books. I'd make hat person stop or leave if it was happening in my house while people where tripping. It's a vulnerable state and to abuse a person's trust and boundaries like that is really not very far along the spectrum from other more vicious forms of violence and violation. I mean we have a choice every time we do something how we're going to do it, and personally I'd rather take every chance I can to help myself and those around me grow and heal while under the influence of such a rare and receptive state as tripping, rather than imprint some more negative shit. The world's already got the imprint negavitve shit department stocked and loaded with assholes working on that shit all day long.

^Amen, Rev. Catfish ;)

Sadly the a-hole mind-games are probably far more common than the enlightened mind-games mentioned here.

I consider the asshole mind games to be something else...

My first time tripping on acid this kid I knew was there for a while before we really started tripping hard. Right when I was coming up me and my friends that were tripping were walking through this big field and found a clearing and sat down.

I looked at my arm and my arm hairs morphed into ants.

I knew that they werent really ants, but it was so real that I had to ask.

This asshole kid was out there sitting next to me and he starts telling me my arm is covered in ants.

I started to freak out, but then I realized i was just tripping , and simultaneously all of my 5 other friends that were tripping with me , as well as me, we all turned on this asshole and just started telling him about how pathetic his behavior is etc... and ended up kicking him out.

It was great because we were out in the woods and our driver was just like "everyone load up, were moving out.... NOT YOU asshole. your walking home."

then we left...

And the rest of the night was epic.

So yeah, I totally hate lamers who try to harm you for fun. I dont call that shit mind games, I call it being a dick.

I consider the asshole mind games to be something else...

My first time tripping on acid this kid I knew was there for a while before we really started tripping hard. Right when I was coming up me and my friends that were tripping were walking through this big field and found a clearing and sat down.

I looked at my arm and my arm hairs morphed into ants.

I knew that they werent really ants, but it was so real that I had to ask.

This asshole kid was out there sitting next to me and he starts telling me my arm is covered in ants.

I started to freak out, but then I realized i was just tripping , and simultaneously all of my 5 other friends that were tripping with me , as well as me, we all turned on this asshole and just started telling him about how pathetic his behavior is etc... and ended up kicking him out.

It was great because we were out in the woods and our driver was just like "everyone load up, were moving out.... NOT YOU asshole. your walking home."

then we left...

And the rest of the night was epic.

So yeah, I totally hate lamers who try to harm you for fun. I dont call that shit mind games, I call it being a dick.

That happened to me once.

Turns out I was actually covered in ants.

That happened to me once.

Turns out I was actually covered in ants.

LOL! As a famous sage once (sorta) said:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean the ants are NOT out to get you!

I've certainly taken part in my fair share of psychedelic group-fun, but i've also been fucked with before as well (by other people AND my own mind..) Typically me and my friends, and other random people at parties/festivals will end up rapping off of eachother at some point, just talking total catshit back and forth, containing meaning or not. all of this just for fun and is ALWAYS lighthearted, the funny part is it always happens on accident by someone mispronounciating something and everyone just keeps going with it. it turns into "jamming" with words and sounds and ideas. but to be fair, this happens on other drugs too.

any time someone is trying to actually make you feel weird or low in any respect while tripping isn't cool. unfortunately I have tripped with someone with serious ego problems. and since one's ego goes under fire while tripping, these kinds of people tend to lash out at other people to make themselves feel better. I try to avoid them and let them ruin their own trips.

I definitely have been guilty of saying strange things to people while tripping, but to be honest they usually end up tripping me out far more than the person intended.
:D

Agreed with SKL, I would easily punch the shit of someone who did this sort of stuff to me, tripping or not. The mind is vulnerable at the best of times; why take advantage of that?

I had a "friend"- quite a cruel person in general really- who threw a big spider on me when I was tripping. He pretended he was passing me a hacky-sack, and just dumped a big hairy huntsman spider on me. Fortunately, I like spiders, but I was shocked (momentarily) that the hackysack was alive.

This will sound elitist, and is- but people who do that sort of thing have no right to be tripping. Fuck them.

I like playing games, and messing around in fun. Some of these stories sound like sick and twisted shit though...I'm glad the people I am around when I trip see the severity in these situations and how much influence it has on somebody's mind.

Love doing things like throwing lights around, playing with glowsticks, messing around on words and sounds, and weird feelings. The most fun games are the ones I would have never thought of though, that appear magically ;)