• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD & Intelligence / IQ

Do you think LSD makes you smarter?

I read somewhere that LSD creates new brain cells.

So do you think LSD has the potential to make you smarter/ have better brain function?

Create new brain cells.. No

Expand your thinking.. Yes!

[Edit] If you integrate your experience and take something from it

No.

Learning things makes you smarter just doing drugs doesnt. I wish that made something like this, would overdosing turn you into an evil genius who throws shit with his mind and controls the fate of humanity?

In a way yes.
Does LSD make your IQ higher? Absolutely not.
But it does have the capability of seeing things in a different light. I have learned lots of things on psych's, things about myself, my life and the world around me.

This study reviews the role of the serotonin 5-HT2A receptor in learning as measured by the acquisition of the rabbit's classically conditioning nictitating membrane response, a component of the eyeblink response. Agonists at the 5-HT2A receptor including LSD (d-lysergic acid diethylamide) enhanced associative learning at doses that produce cognitive effects in humans. Some antagonists such as BOL (d-bromolysergic acid diethylamide), LY53,857, and ketanserin acted as neutral antagonists in that they had no effect on learning, whereas others (MDL11,939, ritanserin, and mianserin) acted as inverse agonists in that they retarded learning through an action at the 5-HT2A receptor. These results were placed in the context of what is known concerning the anatomical distribution and electrophysiological effects of 5-HT2A receptor activation in frontal cortex and hippocampus, as well as the role of cortical 5-HT2A receptors in schizophrenia. It was concluded that the 5-HT2A receptor demonstrates constitutive activity, and that variations in this activity can produce profound alterations in cognitive states.

http://learnmem.cshlp.org/content/10/5/355.full

Yes %100 if used properly

The term 'smart' is typically misconstrued as being intelligent
I have found lsd to improve my out of the box thinking, wit, energy, decision making , etc - 10 fold

if your looking to win a spelling bee, lsd is not the answer
if you are looking to improve the backbone of life, which is a positive outlook - then yes lsd is the answer ( again, if used properly )

smart (smärt)
adj. smart·er, smart·est
a. Characterized by sharp quick thought; bright. See Synonyms at intelligent.
b. Amusingly clever; witty: a smart quip; a lively, smart conversation.
c. Impertinent; insolent: That's enough of your smart talk.
2. Energetic or quick in movement: a smart pace.
3. Canny and shrewd in dealings with others: a smart negotiator.

Do you think LSD makes you smarter?

Hell Yeah!

That's why I did it every time before math exam...

How did those went then

Have no idea...

Seriously, I think acid doesn't make anyone smarter, it could make us somewhat cosciously wider, but not smarter. Smart is not wide but rather pinpointed and tighter in state of conscious. So, psychedelics don't make us smart, vice versa, non-smart but still somehow intelligible in some special sense of the word.

It's just Frankie Boyle has stated hes done Acid and hes very wity and sharp as a razor.

^That is kind of what I meant improve your life coz if your brain is sharp n fresh usually your mind feels good thus improving overall quality of life.

I have been reading alot lately in the hope it will get my brain back in working order (hopefully it will?), since doing mephedrone pretty much daily for 6 months has kind of destroyed my cognitive function.

It's like saying John Lennon wrote good songs because he took acid. Most people who take acid don't write good songs. You need talent and smartness first and LSD might amplify certain aspects of your personality while you're on it.

But as for making you emotionally smarter and helping you with any mental problems then I'd say yes LSD can do that with most people - tho I think mushrooms are a lot better for helping depression.

Is it a myth then that using acid can increase the IQ of someone who is above intelligent by a maximum of 10 points, while for a person of average intelligence this is not the case? Because that is what I read somewhere, let me search for it.

Anyway I think that it is possible, not because it makes new brain cells that are EXTRA (brain mass does not equate intelligence by the way), brain cells are destroyed and created naturally all the time. I think that what acid can do is stimulate the formation of more interconnections in the neural network than there would usually be. I think using LSD has really helped me improve my associating, even so far that it can become absurd. I was thinking that it would be because there are interconnections that do not serve a real function other than facilitating a better ability to associate wildly.

Read what Roger&Me says here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=424494

That's the way I feel about it as well. And his suspicions as to the underlying reason remind me of my suspicions only in other words.

I wouldn't say LSD is capable of putting 100% new information into your head, however it is VERY capable of helping us to recombine our current knowledge and connect dots between data files we didn't know could exist before dosing.

It gives us a new way to look at what we are already working with. Perhaps yes a more intelligent way of processing what we already know.

also, I would want to see a link, but MJ, Ketamine, and god knows what other 'recreational drugs' have been found to heal or grow new neural connections, so I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we found LSD triggered neurogenesis in different parts of the brain

you arent meant to wear hats when you take lsd because the mind expands and can build up pressure inside the hat and explode sending rainbows flying everywhere.

tinfoil hats are okay though.

I dont know if I would say that acid has made me smarter but I do think its been a significant factor in my intellectual development.

Before I took it I was already heading intellectually towards a more 'postmodern' outlook due to my university studies. Experiencing lsd for the first time gave me a practical lesson in how subjective life is - ie if you put 100 mics of a chemical into your body your experience of "reality" changes so drastically.

Wikipedia definition for anyone who doesnt know what I'm talking about: Postmodernism is a movement away from the viewpoint of modernism. More specifically it is a tendency in contemporary culture characterized by the problem of objective truth and inherent suspicion towards global cultural narrative or meta-narrative. It involves the belief that many, if not all, apparent realities are only social constructs, as they are subject to change inherent to time and place. It emphasizes the role of language, power relations, and motivations; in particular it attacks the use of sharp classifications such as male versus female, straight versus gay, white versus black, and imperial versus colonial. Rather, it holds realities to be plural and relative, and dependent on who the interested parties are and what their interests consist in.

ey solipsis, nothin wrong with repeating something funny.
i learned from the best eh? ;)

you arent meant to wear hats when you take lsd because the mind expands and can build up pressure inside the hat and explode sending rainbows flying everywhere.

tinfoil hats are okay though.

Tinfoil hats are always OK.

In fact, LDS could built up pressure yet to people's head (inside the scull) and special acid freaks radiate those funny ass rainbow explosions everywhere. Those explosions are actually the way how dedicated acid heads know each other without any verbal communcation at all. Twilight and little darkness helps that recognition process to reach full 100%. And in a night time all that is easier: one can feel one's antennas erecting and glowing gentle electomagnetic radiation.

Bright daylight mutate those rainbows and in worst scanario it burns one's antennas to ashes. Thus, only fools take acid at day time attempting to locate other ferak heads around. Sometimes those damn tin hats help a little though, but usually paranoia increases beyond toleration and there is too much disrupting bullshit going on.

Freaks should avoid all day time tripping as much as possible, unless one is hard boiled, has a well planned disguise and undercover story, plus correct hat and special spectacles for identification purposes.