• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD & Intelligence / IQ

LSD permanently increase brain power.... but the person must be smart enough naturaly in the first place... idiots will just use it as to get high drug and they will be dumb like before

The other possibility is of course returning to the title topic of the thread and the question: "Does LSD either increase intelligence or IQ, or does it speed up any kind of personal development?"

This

IQ is bullshit. I've seen people who have high IQ's, and their brains are the same size. So they say that their brains are configured better, or whatever. They have more fatty tissue lining their neurons. But if that's the case, why wouldn't everyone's brain have evolved to use his or her neurons in this way? You'd expect such a trait, one that increases intelligence while reducing the need for metabolic energy, to have reached fixation in the human population. The "better configured brain" argument just doesn't make biological sense. Add in the fact that the brain has incredible plasticity -- so for example one's experience with mathematics can cause his brain to change its configuration in order to perform better on math-related tasks -- and it quickly becomes obvious that IQ is bunk.

IQ is a very accurate and unbiased measurement of social class and cultural privilege. In so far as it is this thing, LSD does not affect it. LSD, on the other hand, does give someone the perspective to notice that my argument is true and that the alternative is self-deceptive, egotistical, hypocritical, insecure human bullshit.

I'm not saying that genes have no effect or that some people don't have broken brains, but if you want a higher IQ score, study for the IQ test.

Last edited:
It's certainly unlocked different ways of thinking for me, but not so much in the academic sense that other people are reporting, I'm an engineer and I found no detectable increase in my problem solving ability after I started tripping.

My emotional and inter personal intelligence? Yeah that's definitely increased. I'm learning about who I truly am, and not who society thinks I am.

No fucking chance. Ever try taking one of those free IQ tests while tripping?