• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

List of Nbome deaths

I've had 25i-nbome a bunch of times now. Usually between the range of 1/2 to 1mg. It is amazing, of course.
But my heart dose seem to pump faster and harder on 25i-nbome compared to when on LSD or mushrooms, or ayahuasca. I do wonder how much pressure 25i puts on our organs.

Well sort of, it says: "Forensic scientist Amy Granlund identified that the psychedelic substance was indeed “25i-NBMOe,” otherwise known as 2C-I".

When the forensic scientist can't tell the difference between 25i-nbome and 2c-i you've got to start suspecting the story a bit.
It's more likely the reporter who doesn't have his facts straight. it usualy is.

I don't think there's any doubt that NBOMe's have killed more people in a shorter time than any other psychedelic we know of.

Screw this drug it should be outlawed. I think its obvious from these reports that its dangerous and people claiming otherwise are just selfishly denying that.

Yup.. Drug prohibition is the answer. It's worked so well for heroine and cocaine hasn't it?

I only took 25i once and it did something terrifying to my body. Never again. I'm glad it's controlled.

I only took 25i once and it did something terrifying to my body. Never again. I'm glad it's controlled.

25c did the same to me, and I'm still feeling mind consequences (2 months),
I strongly do not recommend nbomes. be very careful if you want to experience them (take every precaution)!

I have only taken NBOMEs in low doeses -500ug of I, and I have to say....its my favorite drug probably. maybe we aren't meant to take 1000ug or 1500ug....when i hear people saying they took 2 or 3 blotters its just shocking to me....yes over course you had an awful experience and though you were going to die, the drug isn't meant to be taken at those doses, its meant to be taken at 500ug

Absolutely Luciddreamer, my trial with 25I was 700 ug, and that was perfect. I don't think I'd ever take more.

Dosage is clearly a big issue here. Is the problem that NBOMes have a dangerous index, an active dose is not much lower than a dangerous one..?

Has anyone worked out if there's a common cause of death amongst these unfortunate people? For instance, are they all having fits? Are they all over-heating etc etc?

Could be, but what is a dangerous dose? I set my limit based on a "hunch", because of all the negative coverage. Yet people have been taking multiple grams without a scratch. Possibly there is something else going on which we just don't really understand, full-agonism and all. The dose-response thing isn't even that bad, 1.5mg is probably fine and that's 3 times a normal dose. 60mg of 4-Aco-DMT really gets you out there, so why should that be any different for an NBOMe?

From what I can tell they're all having seizures, but don't quote me on that. Media coverage has been spotty at best, especially with the 2C-I mix-up. A case I still don't understand, AFAIK 2C-I is as safe as the other 2Cs yet they talk about oral usage.

But again dangerous doses seem to be subjective.
I've been able to dose several milligrams in extended sessions multiple times and never noticed much for uncomfortable or dangerous feeling side effects, I was simply really tweaked out and got bad headaches

But again dangerous doses seem to be subjective.

No, it isn't. Vasoconstriction and seizures are objective phenomena that occur in the body. Do you mean "idiosyncratic"? ;)

ebola

Yet people have been taking multiple grams without a scratch.
But that's only because of the crazy tolerance it causes.

Possibly there is something else going on which we just don't really understand, full-agonism and all.
Absolutely

The dose-response thing isn't even that bad, 1.5mg is probably fine and that's 3 times a normal dose. 60mg of 4-Aco-DMT really gets you out there, so why should that be any different for an NBOMe?
Sure, but some people seem to be "allergic" to 25I. Which is why people should be extra carefull the first time they try it. Also, some people are taking huge doses of 4-Aco-DMT, but still no ones dead from it, as far as I'm informed.

You can't just expect 3mg, which is 6 times a normal dose, to be a good idea for any drug. That's physically safe for most psychedelics, but I wouldn't drop 900mg of MDMA in a single go even if I had tolerance and no one is complaining that it isn't safe. I draw the line at 1.2mg, but I'm just extremely careful because of all the deaths.

1.5mg is quite probably safe for you if you're fine with 500ug, though you shouldn't dose that high if you haven't titrated upwards carefully. But then again, I wouldn't drop 60mg of 4-Aco-DMT for my first time either, shit I'd probably draw the line at 45mg if 30mg was of any indication. Not because I think it'd kill me (though I'd probably think I'm dying at such a dose :D), but that's just too much. Just like an extreme dose of 25i-NBOMe is too much.

There is something very shady going on, I agree, but like you said that's probably because of an "allergic" response of sorts. There's the report of a guy taking 28mg, thinking it was a different drug, and he just had a seizure. This is bad compared to LSD, yeah, but I'm just saying you shouldn't expect anything to be that safe. Even if some drugs are.

EDIT: Pretty sick of the entire NBOMe-debate actually, yeah they're more dangerous than other psychedelics. If that's a deal-breaker, don't take them. If you do, then be careful.

On that note, I'm stocking up on the safer ones. Newer psychedelics will quite probably get worse until we figure out the human body. More and more we're moving away from natural structures and if history is an indication (aspertam says hi!), that means bad news for earthly organisms. We know jack-shit about what is going on, so we can't just "design" a compound to be safe.

Last edited:
Do we have any reliable evidence it is causing any more deaths than usual? I know there's a few reports in the media but you can look up Ecstasy and find a thousand deaths in the media and Ecstasy is as safe as milk.

Is it simply that you need to have a vague idea of what dose you're taking and that this is way beyond the IQ of a lot of these people who have allegedly died? Whether it was 25i or 2c-i.

In my view the legitimate controversy surrounding NBOMes has to do with the fact that they have properties that make them intrinsically substantially more accident prone/less idiot proof than almost all other drugs with their market penetration. There's also the consideration that blotters tend to attract more reckless re-sellers and users than other psychedelics (people who can misrepresent it as LSD – which has a linear dose-response – and users so inexperienced, dumb, or poor and overeager they’re not even sure of the value of scales).

I’m referring of course to the relative ease of measurement error associated with ultra-low recreational doses, but also the extreme tolerance inducing effects that make safe titration a patience-trying prospect for many – tolerance that can revert to normal levels at times that can be difficult to predict or reliably recall to properly adjust for. There also seems to be far higher variability in what people need for recreational effects, which could be leading to some people with a high base tolerance using their preferred dose on their far more sensitive friends/customers. For instance, Erny reported the case of a girl taking a dose of 25-b that was within fairly common dosage ranges who ended up in the hospital not breathing.

If most RC psychedelics are single-shot black powder rifles then NBOMes are sort of like safety-less, hair-trigger, high-capacity Uzis filled with Eagle Claw bullets and holstered in the front waistbands of a kids with itchy crotches.

Last edited:
No, it isn't. Vasoconstriction and seizures are objective phenomena that occur in the body. Do you mean "idiosyncratic"? ;)

ebola

Yea that would be a better word, thanks haha.
And I can guarantee the dose response curve is responsible for many deaths.
If people think its acid and throw 2 hits under their tongue at 1mg ea, of course there's going to be problems.
I've even seen some vendors selling them at 1,300 ug

I seem to recall that a significant fraction of the deaths from NBOMe were not necessarily because of vasoconstriction or cardiovascular stress alone - some were due to erratic behavior, and some due to preventable causes, like aspirating vomit.

I still am not entirely sure about the oft-repeated "LSD is safe in overdose, NBOMe are not". Such antics (reckless behavior, nausea/vomiting, blood pressure issues, numbness in extremities etc) are not unheard of with LSD and its close relatives (there have been auto-defenestrations of people under the influence of LSA, for instance). Really - the dose makes the poison, and set and setting are a big factor. If you were to consume 5-10mg of pure LSD I don't think you would be in a very good shape, likewise, it seems rare that lower doses of NBOMe (sub-milligram) will lead to injury or death.

If people think its acid and throw 2 hits under their tongue at 1mg ea, of course there's going to be problems.
I've even seen some vendors selling them at 1,300 ug

If all LSD sold was >200ug, instead of <100ug, of course there are going to be problems. And don't get started about the 60s-70s, because that is very much a myth if DEA data is anything to go by.

Ps00donym makes a good point though, though I never thought these were for the masses. But yeah, the market has to get legally high somehow and since we're speaking in terms of "market" then of course the resellers are going to go for ultra-potent chemicals. Gives you a higher margin per dose. Surprises me that the opiate market hasn't been big on carfentanil yet :D

Last edited:
On that note, I'm stocking up on the safer ones. Newer psychedelics will quite probably get worse until we figure out the human body. More and more we're moving away from natural structures and if history is an indication (aspertam says hi!), that means bad news for earthly organisms. We know jack-shit about what is going on, so we can't just "design" a compound to be safe.

This is a red herring. Think of all the naturally occurring compounds which have killed people. Hemlock, belladonna, digitalis, death cap mushrooms, datura, ergot. The list is virtually endless.

And what if a man-made substance is subsequently discovered in nature. Does it instantly become safer?

There's also a valid argument that 2c-b is biosynthesised by Homo Sapiens the same way as mescaline is biosynthesised by peyote.

I seem to recall that a significant fraction of the deaths from NBOMe were not necessarily because of vasoconstriction or cardiovascular stress alone - some were due to erratic behavior, and some due to preventable causes, like aspirating vomit.
I still am not entirely sure about the oft-repeated "LSD is safe in overdose, NBOMe are not". Such antics (reckless behavior, nausea/vomiting, blood pressure issues, numbness in extremities etc) are not unheard of with LSD and its close relatives (there have been auto-defenestrations of people under the influence of LSA, for instance). Really - the dose makes the poison, and set and setting are a big factor. If you were to consume 5-10mg of pure LSD I don't think you would be in a very good shape, likewise, it seems rare that lower doses of NBOMe (sub-milligram) will lead to injury or death.
The thing is, we just don't know that.......With some of the fatalities, we do know from witnesses that the deceased took a "huge line" or what ever. That it was clearly an overdose. But with other deaths we just don't know. we actually don't know if some of the people that died maybe just died from ingesting a few milligram too much!

There's plenty of trip reports of people going through a psychedelic hell of side effects just from a slight overdose of 1 mg too much.

If you go back to the first NBOMe threads, and look at what Erny said back then (remember NBOMe seemed to be pretty common in his circle of friends in Russia, long before we got it in the west) While he survived an accidental overdose of 30 mg 25B, while one of his friends was hospitalized from just 2-3 mg!

No, LSD and NBOMe's do not have the same safety profile. Not at all!

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_death.shtml

If all LSD sold was >200ug, instead of <100ug, of course there are going to be problems. And don't get started about the 60s-70s, because that is very much a myth if DEA data is anything to go by.
What are you talking about? Why would there be problems if the blotters were >200ug? There's plenty of >200ug around. And they're the good blotters that everybody's looking for. lol

Last edited: