• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

List of Nbome deaths

sooo many things test exactly like 25i, its ridiculous. even with a 4 screen testing kit, its still kinda iffy.

someone over over another forum died very recently--this weekend? ..his wife contacted an administrator. its a big thread on it if your a member. his wife didnt want it very public so if your e a member over there youve probally seen it, its a ig thread on it

Shulgin suggested [LSD] was not tasteless.

Shulgin did suggest this and was correct.

PiHKAL by Alexander Shulgin said:
One morning, a couple of weeks later, I took a small, double-ended vial to Burt in his analytical lab down the hall, and asked him to please weigh out for me a small quantity of material into a separate container. The actual amount was not important, a few milligrams; what was important was that I wanted the weight accurate to four places. He disappeared for a few minutes, then reappeared with the vial I had given him and also a weighing container holding a small amount of an almost white powder.

"Here is 3.032 milligrams, exactly," he said, adding, "And it's slightly bitter."

"How do you know?" asked I.

"After I weighed out the psilocybin, there was a trace of dust on the spatula, so I licked it off. Slightly bitter."

I asked him, "Did you read the label carefully?"

"It's the vial of psilocybin you just received, isn't it?" he asked, looking at the funny-shaped tube still in his hand. He read the label. It said Lysergide. He said, "Oh."

We spent the next several minutes trying to reconstruct just how much LSD might have been on the end of the spatula, and decided that it was probably not more than a few score micrograms. But a few score micrograms can be pretty effective, especially in a curious but conservative analytical chemist who is totally drug naive.

"Well," I said to him, "This should damned well be a fascinating day."

And indeed it was. The first effects were clearly noted in about twenty minutes, and during the transition stage that took place over the following minutes, we wandered outside and walked around the pilot plant behind the main laboratory building. It was a completely joyful day for Burt. Every trivial thing had a magical quality. The stainless steel Pfaudler reactors were giant ripe melons about to be harvested; the brightly colored steam and chemical pipes were avant-garde spaghetti with appropriate smells, and the engineers wandering about were chefs preparing a royal banquet. No threats anywhere, simply hilarious entertainment. We wandered everywhere else on the grounds, but the theme of food and its sensory rewards continued to be the leitmotif of the day.

In the late afternoon, Burt said he was substantially back to the real world, but when I asked him if he thought he could drive, he admitted that it would probably be wise to wait a bit longer. By 5:00 PM, he seemed to be happily back together again, and after a trial run -- a sort of figure-eight in the almost empty parking lot -- he embarked on his short drive home.

Burt never again, to my knowledge, participated in any form of personal drug investigation, but he maintained a close and intimate interest in my research and was always appreciative of the slowly evolving picture of the delicate balance between chemical structure and pharmacological action, which I continued to share with him while I remained at Dole.

One periodically hears some lecturer holding forth on the subject of psychedelic drugs, and you may hear him give voice to that old rubric that LSD is an odorless, colorless and tasteless drug. Don't believe it. Odorless yes, and colorless when completely pure, yes, but tasteless, no. It is slightly bitter.

Pure LSD powder does have a slightly metallic taste. This taste isn't usually noticeable at doses found on blotters. 25X-NBOMe and DOX cause an extremely foul noticeable bitter taste in doses found on blotter.

If it's bitter it's a spitter.

I find blotter LSD to have a really obvious taste that I'd call metallic and sour. Ppl seem to have different sensitivity to this taste. I've shared blotters before and some people can't taste it at all, I almost think they're lying cause it's kind of a strong taste to me. Not bitter at all but sour, metallic, electric. I find ETH-LAD tastes even stronger (or maybe the doses are just stronger than what I'm used to for LSD) and maybe a bit more sour than metallic vs. LSD.

I don't remember how AL-LAD or LSZ tasted.

I find blotter LSD to have a really obvious taste that I'd call metallic and sour. Ppl seem to have different sensitivity to this taste. I've shared blotters before and some people can't taste it at all, I almost think they're lying cause it's kind of a strong taste to me. Not bitter at all but sour, metallic, electric. I find ETH-LAD tastes even stronger (or maybe the doses are just stronger than what I'm used to for LSD) and maybe a bit more sour than metallic vs. LSD.

I don't remember how AL-LAD or LSZ tasted.

I concur. LSD blotters definitely do have a taste. It's subtle, but powerful. The way I would describe it is that the taste is not experienced on the surface of the tongue, but rather the blotter elicits a metallic, electric sensation, which I personally feel at the back of the mouth.

ive also seen people die from wretching after taking tabs of just poorly extracted LSD (yes, look up the dancing plague, it comes from the fungus that LSD is extracted from) .

If anyone died from "poorly extracted LSD" it would be in the news. I don't believe you

Interesting discussion about LSD's taste, I don't believe I had seen that excerpt from PiHKAL before. I have also heard many people describe LSD as "metallic", "electric", "sour", and so on, but I would have to agree with perpetualdawn that everyone seems to have a different sensitivity to it. Personally, I have taken 10+ potent blotters that did not have any ink on them multiple times and I did not taste a thing any of those times. I really find it intriguing that some people do notice it so easily.

Like other senses, some are more refined than others.

I don't remember lsd blotter tasting like anything, but then again I can't taste some of the ingredients in the food I eat, so...

:)

I concur. LSD blotters definitely do have a taste. It's subtle, but powerful. The way I would describe it is that the taste is not experienced on the surface of the tongue, but rather the blotter elicits a metallic, electric sensation, which I personally feel at the back of the mouth.
yeah, i know exactly what you mean.
I used to describe it (when i was taking a lot of acid) as a metallic "taste"/sensation in the "base of my brain" (or the roof of my mouth!)
It's something i would sense from the time of dropping, until the first alerts presented - but would generally be entirely gone by the time it peaks.

Some tabs definitely have a strong taste because of the ink, but LSD has a distinctive sensation that is somewhat like a sensation of taste, to me - but it is a little more confusing than a straight-up flavour - it's a little harder for me to pin down than to call it simply call it a taste, but it could be a taste.
I'm not sure if ive heard people talking about this before, so i hadnt given it much thought! Pretty interesting.

25X-NBOMe and DOX create strong bitter tastes and LSD shouldn't. The earlier comments could confuse novices with potentially dangerous outcomes such as fatality (the topic of this thread). If in doubt reagents should be used.

LSD Field Tests Differentiate LSD from 25I-NBOMe

The best vendors on the Darknet have really pure LSD recently. Often they describe the product as tasteless when dosed at 100ug - 200ug. The reviews agree. Perhaps the purer product has less taste. I think this description from Erowid is a good guide.

Erowid said:
Some blotter and liquid acid being sold since 2013 in the Americas and Europe contains NBOMe compounds instead of LSD. The NBOMe chemicals are active under one milligram, and can cause strong effects even on a single 1/4" (6mm) square. The blotter or liquid with NBOMe compounds is usually identifiably bitter, where LSD-containing liquid or blotter has a very mild metallic flavor or no flavor at all.

Last edited:
I've had that metallic taste thing with LSD blotters, as well as blotters with nothing on them

Which leads me to beleive that it is a mental thing

True, TheBlackPirate - the taste of the aforementioned phens are not to be confused with the (very subtle) taste associated with LSD.
Peacephrog1972 - i wonder if it was the ink on the blotter you could taste? Is that what you mean by "blotters with nothing on them"?

I so much wanted to try 25I-NBOMe, but tbh i'm scared because of all those deaths reported...
Just use it. People die of all sorts of things. Ur just as likely go die of an allergic reaction to anything you injest. If you have a strong Constitution, just take it.

True, TheBlackPirate - the taste of the aforementioned phens are not to be confused with the (very subtle) taste associated with LSD.
Peacephrog1972 - i wonder if it was the ink on the blotter you could taste? Is that what you mean by "blotters with nothing on them"?
Just a good way to throw away good lsd. I drop mine from an alcohol vial. Tasted bitter and burns like ud have people think of 25i. But it's pure lsd.

Last edited by a moderator:
People should avoid NBOMes. Especially when the alternatives (LSD and psilocybin mushrooms) are superior and safe.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2ci_nbome/2ci_nbome_death.shtml http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2cc_nbome/2cc_nbome_death.shtml http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nbome/nbome_death.shtml And this one not on there yet http://www.londoncommunitynews.com/news-story/4058628-police-say-teen-overdosed-from-lsd-like-drug/ I only made this thread to alert people there have been quite a few nbome deaths that have not filtered down to these pages. You should judge for yourself if this compound is worth the risk, at least two deaths have been after taking two blotters of unknown dosage. Based on the information provided it's pretty much impossible to know how much any of these people took either. Maybe you are comfortable with they all took way too much and you know what you are doing. There is at least one person who snorted a line. I am just sick of seeing nbome fatalities and hope people stay safe. I don't want to preach just spreading information. And at least two of those people thought they were taking LSD so that effects me (and possibly you too). Nbomes have started showing up in my community sold as acid to very young people despite there being a decent amount of real LSD around here. The low price and naïve consumers are just like the fake XTC pill market which still seems to be thriving. And if someone fucked up that blotter and there are 5 mg on it you just don't know. No way to test how much nbome is on a blotter you need to trust some sketchy vendor, or do it yourself and be sure you are doing it right. PS there seem to be a lot of "I ended up in the hospital" trip reports for this stuff too....
I have some issues with these reports. A)