• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Light show tricks and tips.

You could buy glow sticks or you could by really cheap lights on deal extreme.com
You can get 7 lights for like 4 bucks

Poi's are pretty cool too

I have 2 red blue inova, and I'm wondering if they are working properly.

High Power - Idle it's purple but when moved it gives off a red blue strobe
Lower Power - Nothing, no lights
Strobe - Very very slow red dot

I figured low power would be like a dimmer version of the high powered but my inovas don't do anything, is that how it's supposed to work?

You could buy glow sticks or you could by really cheap lights on deal extreme.com
You can get 7 lights for like 4 bucks

Poi's are pretty cool too

Thizzlam, are those wannabe glove sets on the site you posted any good or would you stick to the more expensive ones?

crunchymilk; said:
I have 2 red blue inova, and I'm wondering if they are working properly.

High Power - Idle it's purple but when moved it gives off a red blue strobe
Lower Power - Nothing, no lights
Strobe - Very very slow red dot

I figured low power would be like a dimmer version of the high powered but my inovas don't do anything, is that how it's supposed to work?
Yea thats fine. It's an ic bulb. Which me and that it doesn't work on low. Only high.

mesial; said:
Thizzlam, are those wannabe glove sets on the site you posted any good or would you stick to the more expensive ones?
I'd stick to the more expensive ones. If you wanna get a decent set get one of the pre made sets, with dotz microlights. They're very inexpensive. And they'll work for you. Were you just trying to get something to have to play with or are you taking a pretty big interest in gloving?

I'd stick to the more expensive ones. If you wanna get a decent set get one of the pre made sets, with dotz microlights. They're very inexpensive. And they'll work for you. Were you just trying to get something to have to play with or are you taking a pretty big interest in gloving?

I've never been to a rave in my life tbh. I have been watching the videos online and thought it looked really cool, much better looking than traditional glowsticks for sure. I'm really looking for something to play with when I roll with my girl and friends and maybe if I enjoy it I'd get more into it but just looking for something fun right now. Any suggestions on a particular gloveset from that site... there a bunch that use the dots you've suggested? I think I'm gonna grab one using your code.

Dude thanks man! Good info :).

quick question
what's the difference between 1 mode and 3 more on the micromax lights. on the orbitlightshow site they are offered at the same price. I'm really interested in the dream glove set right now :D

The difference between 1 mode and 3 mode micromax are the difference of chips in the light. 1 mode only has one option of on/off at high power, 3 mode has a flash strobe, another strobe, and high powered so u cycle through them to turn off. if your getting just ic bulbs which is what the dream glove set is I would get the 1mode. And getting some inova thumbs with blue/red, or white for both.

lol hello thizzlam thank you for bringing in funds for both ols and this website

I've never been to a rave in my life tbh. I have been watching the videos online and thought it looked really cool, much better looking than traditional glowsticks for sure. I'm really looking for something to play with when I roll with my girl and friends and maybe if I enjoy it I'd get more into it but just looking for something fun right now. Any suggestions on a particular gloveset from that site... there a bunch that use the dots you've suggested? I think I'm gonna grab one using your code.

http://orbitlightshow.com/cream-glove-p-1018.html
all pinkwhiteblue strobes dotz, i would recomend getting a type of diffuser of your choice they add a really neat effect and open/closed only cost $0.25 each and premiums are $1.

No idea what diffusers are, but like I said,
I bought the cheapest off of lightzombies.
Which has 4 little screws for battery replacements omg. ;/

If u bought the wanabes and want to upgrade i would recomend the micromax, they have smaller battery life because they use a cr1616 battery instead of cr2016 they are the smallest light allowing for most movement and are pretty damn durable.
I chucked one at my wall and it was totally fine.
Diffusers are little plastic things that you can put on the ends of photon freedoms, max/gluvmax, dotz, and micromaxlights. (You can put them on inovas but you would have to cut the bulb longer and shave a bit of the top of the inova off)

Last edited:
Yea thats fine. It's an ic bulb. Which me and that it doesn't work on low. Only high.

Thanks man, I noticed my mircomax's(closed cap) look way brighter in my gloves over my inovas. How can I make the inovas brighter?

mesial; said:
Pretty much all of the lightshow websites will have some sort of pre made sets. The prices on those are usually for a full set of dotz.so, of you find something you like, id pick it up, just make sure it has a dot choice as far as the housing and stuff goes. That the cheapest one you'll find.
crunchymilk; said:
Thanks man, I noticed my mircomax's(closed cap) look way brighter in my gloves over my inovas. How can I make the inovas brighter?
You can try changing the batteries? Also keep in mind that some colors are brighter than others

What is a diffuser, I don't see that as an option to add to that set?

edit: found them on the site, what kind of effect is it?

A diffuser basically diffuses the light. Diffusion in light is when light scatters out in all different directions instead of one focused beam, so the cap has a fuzzy material that breaks up the lightwaves causing your lights to glow evenly because it's being scattered more.

If there is no diffuser then the light is stronger in one focused area but can't be seen from other directions as well.

---

Guys I recommend not getting the Red/Blue inovas(purple when idle). They are terribly low in terms of brightness(I changed the batteries on both inovas) compared to my micromax microlights with closed caps.

I'm gonna order some solid bulbs and replace these shitty red/blue ones . :/

Last edited:
fatalyflawed.... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsoooooooooooooooooooooooomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee iloveyouman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never really liked gloving.. always been much more into poi myself. There's a lot more movement of your entire body so it just feels fucking amazing when you're rolling

^ I agree, poi is so much more active and I might catch flak for this but I'd say it takes more skill as well. The geometric patterns you can create with a set of poi are psychedelic in themself.

Any other experienced glowstringers/tech-poi/fire poi spinners around? Always wondered as it seems gloving is what people are into but around my area but glowstringing, tech, and fire poi is the shit. Been spinning for close to 5 years and haven't looked back. Anyone have any vids they would like to share?

Last edited:
^ I wouldn't say it takes MORE skill, just a completely different kind. I feel like you use your whole body instead of just your arms though, so you can get a LOT more into it. Shit puts you in a straight trance at times, just you and some glowsticks. With gloves you can't really help but feel like you're right up in someones face, that can kind of detract from the experience.

I've got some videos but unfortunately they're from my phone so you can't even see half of the moves :\ I'll see if I can get my webcam to record video sometime. I'm alright, I have a really good flow but not quite enough tricks. I've been spinning seriously for less than a year. I couldn't do a trick to save my life for the longest time, then one day like a week before we threw a massive rolling party at my house I suddenly learned how to spin out of nowhere, it was like a sign that I was ready to party LOL

Idk, I'm sticking to my story, I truely believe poi takes more skill. Gloving in So-Cal is EVERYWHERE and its not uncommon for people to get good within a month or two. With glowstringing and poi that shit takes a while, not only that but its physical and your knuckles and balls take a beating if you suck.

I have videos on the tube but they're all gloswtringing and the most recent vid is over 2 years old. I seriously didn't have the flow and control that I have now. I have one fire poi vid on that channel but it was only my second burn ever and I wasn't used to the weight (fire poi are heavy as fuck, at least mine are), I also forgot that if your gonna do wraps with fire poi you've gotta wait a minute or two so I almost set myself on fire.

Here's my most recent vid which was in 2011. I was using shitty LED's that were way too light and lacked flow but whatevs, also I looked remarkably young but I was actually 18 at the time it was filmed.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhq3kNfwQbE

This vids okay too I guess.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lENoIAEEFoo

And for shits and giggles here's my second fire poi burn xD.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Av0g8OLeWo

Definately gotta make new vids, these just don't do justice. I tear up raves lol

Last edited:
DAMN dude, I ain't got shit on that. Mad props yo.

Thanks, I really started getting into stringing when I moved to texas for a couple years. The scene out there is amazing, glowsticking out there is as prevalent as gloving in So Cal and the scene is competative which brings out some serious creativity. If you wanna get some ideas I reccomend watching texas stringers on youtube. People out there have 10+ years under their belt, it's crazy how far they've pushed it.

Also this guy is what I would consider an artist... amazing stuff!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O8v82ZZjRTg