Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Leonardo DiCaprio - Greatest Actor of Our Generation?

Leo is good..Basketball Diaries is a classic,,but i think maybe Johhny Depp or Denzel washington are better,,but leo is good,,hes still got time to grow as an actor...and i am old enough that Johnny Depp is my generation,altho Denzel is older ,,hes still damn good...to each there own tho...everyone has there favorite actors,so its hard to name one as the best of any generation really as everyones tastes in style and whatnot are different..top 5 or top 10 actors of a generation are much easier to define i think..

fucking great - vincent d'onofrio, tim roth, david wenham, toni collette....

Leo is good..Basketball Diaries is a classic,,but i think maybe Johhny Depp or Denzel washington are better,,but leo is good,,hes still got time to grow as an actor...and i am old enough that Johnny Depp is my generation,altho Denzel is older ,,hes still damn good...to each there own tho...everyone has there favorite actors,so its hard to name one as the best of any generation really as everyones tastes in style and whatnot are different..top 5 or top 10 actors of a generation are much easier to define i think..

I enjoyed Depp in "From Hell" great flick.

check out dave wenham's fuckin amazing junkie in "gettin' square", which also has one of sam worthington's first lead roles.

Adrian Brody?

Love the attitude he brings to even (what could have easily been) a throwaway role in The Darjeeling Limited. Rewatched Summer of Sam recently and he was quite good in that, too.

I'd say he is one of the best.

Catch Me If You Can, Shutter Island, and Inception all blew me away. He's really grown into a fantastic actor.

Brando.

DeNiro.

Norton.

I'm eagerly awaiting the NEXT Babe Ruth of dramatic acting.

DeCaprio's excellent, imo, but he's no Ed Fucking Norton.

Just my opinion, of course.

Brando.

DeNiro.

Norton.

I'm eagerly awaiting the NEXT Babe Ruth of dramatic acting.

DeCaprio's excellent, imo, but he's no Ed Fucking Norton.

Just my opinion, of course.

I think maybe Leo is, even now, still a bit saddled with the "teen hunk" stigma, and will be until he lucks into giving an astounding performance in the perfect role in an impeccacle movie.

He needs that "I coulda been a contender...." phenomenon.

Last edited:
imo
leo = norton
the former generally underrated and the latter very overrated

Leo is definitely up there - there are too many brilliant actors to be able to narrow one down as the best IMO, but he is definitely up there. I have always respected him as an actor- ever since Basketball Diaries.

one thing i will give leo is he is able to move past the "teen/child actor" on his way fo sho. not many have been able to do it...

Leo's often excellent - totally agreed - BUT, imo (obviously):

(1) Norton's ALWAYS excellent (and sometimes even GREAT); and

(2) Norton's Tour De Force in Primal Fear was so hauntingly brilliant, he's the leader of the pack, for me, until someone else combines his consistence WITH his out-of-this-world apex.

but where has norton really shown a great degree of range?

perhaps this would be more suited for the norton thread (i'm pretty sure there is one)

I just skimmed the thread, so I'm sure this has been said.

I really like both Leo and Edward Norton. But neither has enough range to be considered the greatest.

I think Edward Norton especially is just really likeable for me.