⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Last movie you watched?

Being John Malkovich

First time I've seen it all the way through. I really liked it.

Shopgirl - Boring. Couldn't even finish it. Nothing like the book, and Claire Danes failed to impress, as usual.

San Francisco - Cary Grant and Spencer Tracy, 1936. Was pretty cheesy but the scenes depicting the Great Earthquake of 1906 were excellent.

200px-A_Perfect_Murder.jpg

On cable. I've seen this so many times already but I just can't not watch it when it's on =D

^ LOL, I watched that on TV recently too. I must say, I'm still annoyed that skeletal Gwyneth Paltrow was able to overpower the dude who broke in and tried to kill her.

i just watched being john malkovich, too... but for maybe the 50th time.

and i just finished sin city right now

I saw this charming little movie with Meryl Streep and Robert de Niro ( i love watching these two together...they have superb chemistry) called Falling in Love (1984) . I dunno I always find myself loving the look of movies that are filmed in New York during the 70s - early to mid 80s (think: Serpico, Kramer vs Kramer, 9 1/2 weeks, etc ;)) It just has this rich patina and tugs at my heartstrings like I can't explain.

After that I ended up watching Johnson Family Vacation on another channel and that was two hours of trashy mindless fun =D

just watched "John Carpenters - They Live" for the first time ever.

its a film ive wanted to see since it was released (oh im so old) but never got round to actually doing so, and although it was enjoyable im not sure it was worth an 18 year wait.

Last movie I saw was 50 First Dates. Caught it on cable. I actually liked it a lot, which surprised me. Nothing to write home about, but enjoyable.

The God Who Wasn't There. It's an excellent documentary about the origins of Christianity that makes a very good case for the nonexistence of Jesus Christ. View the trailer here.

407_god_cover.jpg

last night i caught the first half of 'the exorcism of emily rose'. then i fell asleep. yeah... it was that exciting. the story of emily was good, but the court room scenes dragged on way too much.

^^^^when i finally watched that on VCD I couldn't help but snicker each time the actress who played " emily" would start getting possessed...i couldn't remove the image of her berating herself as "Shamu" in the dressing room scene of White Chicks (y'all who saw this movie know what I'm talkin about!)

Anyway I just saw the FABULOUS What ever Happened to Baby Jane? lol! Man i love this movie.....where else can you see Bette Davis and Joan Crawford duke it out in their own creepy and sadistic ways till the very end?

Jane: I've written a letter to Daddy His address is Heaven above I've written "Dear Daddy, we miss you And wish you were with us to love" Instead of a stamp I put kisses The postman says that's best to do I've written a letter to Daddy Saying "I love you" Now when I'm very good, and do as I am told I'm Mama's little angel and Daddy says I'm good as gold And when I'm naughty and answer back and sass I'm Mama's little devil, and Daddy says I've got the brass. Oh I wish that you could tell me, Cos I'm much too young to know...

actdaviseverhappened1jj.jpg

Last edited:
I just saw Aeon Flux and while I can see why people would have found it lacking, I loved it for its style.

The Hours

^You're forgiven ;) :D

The last film I watched was The Hours.

It's taken me all this time to get around to watching it!. The thing is, I can't usually watch anything with Nicole Kidman in it. I've just always strongly disliked her for some reason. But I must say she gave a really strong performance in this film. Maybe the fact that she's barely recognisable helped me to forget it was her and accept it for what it was without thinking "argghh!, Nicole Kidman!!!". But I must say, since seperating from that numb skull husband of hers she's really started to show us what she's capable of. He was only holding her back in my opinion.

As always Meryl Streep proved to be a consistantly good actress, and how can you expect anything less from her?. I also thought Julianne Moore was really strong here too. I think since she's 'matured' she's not only become much sexier but she also appears to have found a certain type of character with which she's best at playing. Magnolia and Boogey Nights being her other two stand out performances.

Last edited: