• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

you're suspicions are probably along the right track as to why a ceiling effect exists or why u get this sobering up effect from higher doses.

kratom has a lot of different pharmacological targets in the brain (don't know them off the top of my head) and also a different mechanism of action (doesn't bind directly to opioid recepter but to a protein that is coupled to the opioid receptor).

There are so many possibilities as far as certain pharmacological activities of K only being active at higher doses or canceling others out or changing their character. Its definitely possible. never experienced it myself....if i took too much i either got super high or go nauseous.

can't think of any other drug that does this.

just to give un update on my mini withdrawal from K.

I took it everydays for two weeks at 5-10 g per day. Then I withdrew and felt jittery and unable to sleep for a few days and doing work was difficult but after about the 4th day I felt totally normall again. So then at one week i decided to do K again. took a dose one night then another dose the next morning. then i took about the next 36 hours off and didn't feel a W/D coming . now i just had another small dose. hope i don't get addicted again. its a fine line I'm walking.

wish i had the dosing disciopline that myco does. I try to get my S/O to hide and only give me krat once a week....but shes to weak to argue with me and just lets me have some anytime i ask

btw myco, do you take amphetaminees? ;-) just joking but I have seen meth users on here write shorter and less descriptive posts than u usually do. its a good thing, you're obviously passionate about drugs and using them responsibly

No not lately, and only rarely would I ever get Dexadrine though I use to get it sometimes, or for a little while Prolintane.

I do drink WAY too much coffee (I’d like to cut down) and that plus Kratom, sometimes Phenibut and my anxiety can make me a very stimulated person.

On the one hand it’s drugs, on another I have an anxiety disorder, but beyond that, I have just always written a lot.

Got a graduate degree in English and I’m long winded and love to write, so you put all that together and you get long rambling posts…it’s partially my style, partially just my personality, partially some drugs lol.

Yea mycophile does tend to write long posts but he doesn't ramble on like a tweaker IMO. If I had to guess, I think his posts come across as very serious but from a place of anxiety and maybe of OCD. I'm not trying to be mean, mycophile, I respect and care about you :) . I've just noticed that Mycophile has a very unique writing style. I can usually recognize his posts from his writing style without having to look at the name.

--------

I've been taking kratom regularly lately whereas I only used to use it sporadically. I've noticed a bit of a reverse tolerance... I seem to be enjoying smaller doses. Maybe I've just become more used to the effects and now know what to look for, I don't know. I'm really falling in love with the stuff (more than I already was before).

My only complaint is that I consistently get hungry when the high kicks in. Food even tastes better, almost like on marijuana. Eating feels good but there is no satisfaction when I do eat... I can eat a ton and still feel very hungry. I'm gonna have to be careful not to eat too much.. I really don't want to put on any weight.

Also, I believe there is another petition going around. I don't remember where I saw it or the exact details but if memory serves me correctly it was a petition intended to be given to the Trump administration near the end of January. A bunch of signatures may not make much of a difference but it can't hurt. I'm gonna look it into it today.

I've been doing what I can for kratom, and will continue doing so, and I hope many of you do as well. Long live kratom (hopefully).

Thanks it's all good.

Yeah, as I said, I take a fair amount of stimulants but not actual amphetamines, but my mind is kind of like that of a tweaker's when you combine that with anxiety, or just plain rambling thought, and with my writing style it can come off as a lot.

Even at my best and most calm, like relatively so right now, I have an excited nature, I'm long winded and write a lot because I have a background in writing and English, and neurologically speaking I'm probably not an "NT" (neurotypical).

My mind functions differently IMO, and I like to write, so I end up rambling lol.

I was more wondering if there are certain legit certifications etc i should look for. sorry if i crossed a line.

Not that I'm aware of
But by reading enough experience reports you should get a picture
And imo plain leaf is 'safer' than extracts as extracts can be laced more easily, ehile I've never heard of laced plain leaf

what are the chances that the DEA, when they do make their announcement that kratom is scheduled, will give zero warning (for us to order kilos and stock up) and just will say "its illegal now" without any time period to prepar, ie withdrawal, get into see doctors, see pain managment etc.

seems like something those ass-warts would do, just to spite drug users

Odds are they'll give a bit of warning. Might just be a couple weeks though or something. Also if you guys want to potentiate the effects of kratom, DXM has been working wonders for me. I have a decent tolerance and 30mg of DXM with ~8 grams of good kratom is enough for me to nod.

Odds are they'll give a bit of warning. Might just be a couple weeks though or something. Also if you guys want to potentiate the effects of kratom, DXM has been working wonders for me. I have a decent tolerance and 30mg of DXM with ~8 grams of good kratom is enough for me to nod.

yes, i tried this once and I was nodding out hardcore, like heroin-like nods (this was with no tolerance....other experiments when i had K tolerance just made me feel kind of sick adding 100mg of dxm)

i never tried with 300 of dxm because thats enough to actually have me tripping on dXM alone

^ don't do it. Try some mxe or pcp, you'll love life.

if you aren't on the pills for pain....they make you more depressed, ive been on and off of opiates several times and my depression is always much worse while taking opiates...even while not withdrawing...if i'm not peaking I'm angry and depressed

why are you so depressed anyways? unless you've got some permanent health problem making life unbearable shit passes, life changes if you try to change it...if you keep taking pills nothing will ever get better.

1250 mg oxycodone, 840 mg methadone and 500 mg xanax. Enough to take me out?

Depends on your tolerance. An alternative would be a fulfilled life with Kratom. Safest recreational drug I ever tried.

Your steps to increase your Karma by multiple magnitudes :

0. Taper (or if you are not dependent ditch) all the above mentioned drugs to a minimum
1. Go to a store, that sells Kratom (online preferred)
2. Buy Kratom
3. Brew Kratom tea
4. Drink Kratom tea
5. Probability of enlightenment in a predefined future time span is increased by 238,4% (if you had a habit with hard drugs before trying Kratom, otherwise the increase is 0-5% )

With the election results I'm a little more concerned that it might be scheduled. However, I'm inclined to believe that the DEA doesn't want that kind of attention, so I doubt theyll follow through with the emergency schedule. I think the DEA will leave it up to Congress.

All speculation of course

With the election results I'm a little more concerned that it might be scheduled. However, I'm inclined to believe that the DEA doesn't want that kind of attention, so I doubt theyll follow through with the emergency schedule. I think the DEA will leave it up to Congress.

All speculation of course

since when does the DEA care what anyone thinks? They made no psychoactive seizure medicine (CBD) schedule I recently

They've cared what other people think since a bipartisan group of representatives from both Congress and the Senate wrote them formal letters explaining that they're overstepping their authority. Congress can take away their emergency shceduling powers as easily as they gave them.

This is why I think Congress is going to have a large say in whether kratom ends up schedule I. We'll soon find out how many reps are having their pockets padded by pharma companies

anyone else give up on quitting kratom because they were just too depressed to care about being addicted to it?

^^No, I gave it up becaise i hate doing the sawdust-cinnamon challenge every 2-hours for a decent relief. It proved impossible for me to fathom continuing or making it habit.

anyone else give up on quitting kratom because they were just too depressed to care about being addicted to it?

I'll "quit" whenever they announce the ban...again, besides I think I like kratom more being addicted to it than not. As sad as that sounds I kind of get off on the daily cravings and putting myself in withdrawal...and even though the w/d is fairly mild I love the feeling of content I get from a nice big dose topped with a bowl of my finest herb. :)

Traveling with kratom on a flight (as long as you're in a state where it is legal)

Hello everyone, I wasn't able to access the thread specific to the subject of bringing kratom on a plane so I thought maybe I should just post my experience here. I've seen a lot of chatter on the web by people who are concerned with the issue of being allowed to bring kratom on a plane, and in light of the recent DEA attacks on kratom's legality and the legal grey area it is now in, I figured my own very recent experience might be of use to someone concerned about this issue. I rely on mitra for relief from nearly crippling sciatic pain and was preparing to fly for a 6 day trip to southwest Florida. Not surprisingly I was concerned about what, if any, concern the TSA might have about me bringing more than half a pound of a powdered obscure and exotic herb which most people have never heard of. Clearly is could appear suspicious to them, and perhaps some TSA agent might have thought I was really smuggling something else in a bag marked as kratom. I went through security with the kratom (which was in a foil lined bag to keep it fresh) in my carry on luggage, and I even had a large kitchen scale in my personal carry on. After going through the scanners, the kitchen scale was not noticed or examined after being x-rayed, however my carry on luggage was set aside for examination. I am almost certain the only reason it appeared suspicious on the x-ray was due to the foil lining of the bag. Long story short they scoured through my clothes to find the bag, and without even opening it all they did was swab it with some kind of patches which are either designed to detect explosive/combustible material or possibly narcotic residue. After swabbing it, and waiting approximately 90 seconds to see the results with the swabs, they calmly returned my kratom to the same place it had been in my bag and I was free to go.
So, in summation I was given very little grief about carrying the herb on a flight (despite the bad name it's been getting thanks to the media and especially the DEA/FDA). My only suggestion to anyone flying with it while it is still and hopefully continues to be legal and available to all of us who rely on it for better quality of life is to keep it contained in whatever package/container/pouch it came in, with the label of "kratom" being clearly visible and untampered with. Most TSA agents probably haven't even heard of it, and with this being the case they don't ask much questions. They might swab it's container, but only if they notice it, and if it is kept in a plastic container without any kind of metallic lining they will likely not even notice it or be suspicious. I hope this helps someone.

I've flown with it a few times recently. TSA asked me to keep it separate from my other belongings when going through security, but they never ask what it is. They just give it a funny look, make sure it's not a hazard, and pass it back to me. They're looking for public safety threats, not drugs (real public safety threats). Unless you're obviously carrying an illicit substance, they're not going to bother.