• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

^^No, I gave it up becaise i hate doing the sawdust-cinnamon challenge every 2-hours for a decent relief. It proved impossible for me to fathom continuing or making it habit.
Guess I'm not the only one who quits regularly because of the putrid taste. Sometimes takes me like 30 minutes to get up the courage to down that stuff. The taste gets worse over time as well because your tongue adapts to the bitterness, which normally covers up the other awful flavours. The one upside is that food tastes incredible after.
Did you really need to dose every two hours though? Even when I was eating 35 grams a day I only needed to dose 3-4 times.

I have a horrible time getting off kratom. I get huge anxiety attacks at night. Sleep is impossible for days on end. I tried tapering with stem and vein, which is supposed to be weaker. Chills, depression, lethargy and a huge feeling of stress. I am having chest pains and I worry about my heart. I don't do any other drugs except for light cannabis use. I used to love this drug, but now I want to get it out of my life. Any thoughts?

How much were you taking? You might want to get the heart issue checked out to be on the safe side.

I have a horrible time getting off kratom. I get huge anxiety attacks at night. Sleep is impossible for days on end. I tried tapering with stem and vein, which is supposed to be weaker. Chills, depression, lethargy and a huge feeling of stress. I am having chest pains and I worry about my heart. I don't do any other drugs except for light cannabis use. I used to love this drug, but now I want to get it out of my life. Any thoughts?

how much were you using daily during your peak usage?

It sounds like you have a general anxiety issue. Might be worth seeing a doc about a long acting benzo. Basically I'm saying most of those symptoms are unrelated to kratom.

anyone else give up on quitting kratom because they were just too depressed to care about being addicted to it?

yes....and i can get by on only 2 grams a day if i don't feel like being high from it, but 0 grams a day and I can't sleep, throat gets tight, anxiety peaks.

although i don't know if its depression that i have, it feels more like bipolar to me....and kratom exacerbates it...but i see the part were I get to feel high as being worth it

I was taking about 20 grams a day, for a year straight.

thats quite a habit, that will do it. try some pcp after a taper and jump off, thats what eliminated my withdrawals enough when i CT fentanyl until enough time had gone by that when i stopped the pcp the fent wd was almost done

Yeah, 20 grams a day for a year...not good.

I didn't give up on quitting Kratom cause of depression from withdrawal, went 77 days without, but then life sucked and I was reminded nothing else gives me instant joy in 45 minutes...

I'm gonna try to stop again for as long as I can when I run out of what I have in a few weeks because I'm not as productive on my off days and wont' submit to dosing more than 4 days a week, and I can't have 3 unproductive days a week anymore, and I won't use hard drugs like heroin, but Kratom is safe, and damnit, it just feels good.

Hell, it makes my eczema 3 times worse than it already is, and still I like it.

I can and will do without when I choose to, proven I can...it's not the withdrawal that sucks, but the lack of something with immediate good effects....like any drug, and with a good safety profile.

I remember in Drugstore Cowboy the main character said "most people don't know how they are going to feel from moment to moment, but a drug user does...he just reads the label on the bottle" LOL.

4 days a week? are you sure you are not physically dependent? I currently have a very low opioid tolerance, and a high dose of kratom one day can hold me over so that I can go 2 days without and feel good. but a low maintenance dose leaves me requiring another dose the following day.

the other day I did about 10 g over the course of the day plus 2 roxies and I was high for the next 48 hours and didn't need kratom till the third day

you say that you dose pretty high, are you sure the residual kratom in your system isn't just holding you over until the next dosing day?

4 days a week? are you sure you are not physically dependent? I currently have a very low opioid tolerance, and a high dose of kratom one day can hold me over so that I can go 2 days without and feel good. but a low maintenance dose leaves me requiring another dose the following day.

the other day I did about 10 g over the course of the day plus 2 roxies and I was high for the next 48 hours and didn't need kratom till the third day

you say that you dose pretty high, are you sure the residual kratom in your system isn't just holding you over until the next dosing day?

Well yes, when I dose 4 days a week I am TO SOME extent physically dependent, but not so badly that I can't usually get through the 3 days without dosing.

That is probably due to so much in my system from other days because of how much I take though.

But this past week I had to start getting my shit together to start work again (I work in a college so I have winters off)...so I have only dosed once in the past week, 3 days ago, and I can now feel the tiredness and depression lifting.

I've gotten off it a few times now.

What I'd say is I'm LESS physically dependent at 4 days a week than one who takes it 7 days a week...and I think even less than one who takes MUCH less than me if they take it EVERY DAY.

That is up for debate, but I can't help but think that reminding your body you need a FRESH dose every day is worse than any amount left over from previous days.

I will be trying to cut back to 3 days a week, and preferably no 2 days in a row if I can resist the temptation LOL...and try to AT LEAST temporarily stop for 91 days or more within the next month (I say that number because my record was 90 days and I want to break it).

So yeah...it's a certain level of physical dependence, but I've never had more than SUPER minor RLS, and was told if you don't get BAD RLS your dependency isn't THAT bad.

I'd say that at my maximal doses I have a moderate depenency.

The worst was last month I went 4 days in a row taking my super high doses, and another 5th day in that week which is the only time I've gone 5 in a week or more than 3 in a row.

That resulted in 4 pretty damn uncomfortable days, 1 somewhat uncomfortable day, on the 6th it was all psychological, so much that doing some shit to cheer me up made the depression go away, and figured I was pretty much off it by the time I dosed on day 7...there could NOT have been much less in my system.

So yeah...some level of dependency...much less this week...but I still believe that refusal to dose more than 4 in a week...even at my heroic doses, keeps me somewhat out of the danger zone of those who just wake up and take it every single day.

Because once you've told yourself you can take it EVERY day, and your tolerance is as high as mine....yeah, there's no way that's turning out well lol...

Has anyone else noticed a really good synergy between Kratom and a benzo? I am prescribed Xanax daily 1 mg but by no means take it daily bc I am very well aware of how severe benzo WD can be. But on a day I do take a Xanax, the Kratom feels amazing. More so than normal.

It has also helped when I WD from Kratom bc one of my worst symptoms is anxiety. It cures that and since I don't have a tolerance to the Xanax, it also helps me sleep. Phenibut helps with the sleep aspect of WD too but I refuse to take it more than 2 days in a row. But after 2 days, most of the Kratom Wd has passed with the exception of some night sweats. I also find that miserable. Does anyone know of anything that can help with that symptom?

"Pure Kratom 100x Extract" Capsules

Anyone tried these? Trying to get an image on here but I'm having trouble posting it. It's a green package with white/yellow text, and the capsules themselves are yellow (2 or 3 per package depending on which you buy).

I am a relatively heavy kratom user, with Bali "OG" powder being my go-to. I would never recommend that anyone buy Kratom from a head shop due to the inflated prices and inconsistent quality, but these capsules are something else.

They feel, after an hour or so, like I just smoked a solid joint. They work regardless of the tolerance I have to my daily Bali dosing, which leads me to believe that they have something else in them other than Mitragyna Speciosa.

Let me know if y'all have tried these or have any information on them.

wdP2PgXzzWKHQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

google "Pure Kratom 100x Extract"

lots of people saying its laced with synthetic cannabinoid RCs on reddit and drug forum

all we need is for someone to overdose on this shit and the DEA attribute it to kratom with their bullshit statistics they like to make up

since when does the DEA care what anyone thinks? They made no psychoactive seizure medicine (CBD) schedule I recently

Yeah, this made me incredibly angry. Schedule Fucking I for CBD oil... this is unabashed tyranny. Christ. It's as if the DEA wants you to take incredibly addictive benzodiazepines and other GABAergics for seizure control, which requires inhumanly large doses, and creates a drug dependency problem like none other. Meanwhile, CBD, which is non-addictive, and is far more efficacious than the poison being peddled by Big Pharma, is supposedly one of the most dangerous drugs on Earth, where possession of CBD is no different than violently assaulting and/or raping/murdering someone in the eyes of the law.

If you honestly believe that the DEA is not in collusion with the pharmaceutical industry, then you are either ignorant of the facts, or you work for them. To be honest, I don't think it would matter if Clinton won the presidency when it comes to DEA overreach. She is, after all, behind the mass incarceration of black "super-predators" and stiffened penalties for drug offenses. If only Bernie Sanders had some fucking balls and put up a fucking fight in the end. He would have demolished Trump.

Yeah, this made me incredibly angry. Schedule Fucking I for CBD oil... this is unabashed tyranny. Christ. It's as if the DEA wants you to take incredibly addictive benzodiazepines and other GABAergics for seizure control, which requires inhumanly large doses, and creates a drug dependency problem like none other. Meanwhile, CBD, which is non-addictive, and is far more efficacious than the poison being peddled by Big Pharma, is supposedly one of the most dangerous drugs on Earth, where possession of CBD is no different than violently assaulting and/or raping/murdering someone in the eyes of the law.

If you honestly believe that the DEA is not in collusion with the pharmaceutical industry, then you are either ignorant of the facts, or you work for them. To be honest, I don't think it would matter if Clinton won the presidency when it comes to DEA overreach. She is, after all, behind the mass incarceration of black "super-predators" and stiffened penalties for drug offenses. If only Bernie Sanders had some fucking balls and put up a fucking fight in the end. He would have demolished Trump.

I just don’t understand how the CBD being illegal thing can work, because at least in the states where WEED is legal, then CBD MUST be legal because weed has CBD in it!!!

And does the fact that CBD is illegal in certain states, like lets say if it’s illegal in Pennsylvania, so then what would happen if they tried to make weed legal in Pennsylvania?

Would the fact that CBD is illegal there and weed has CBD in it make it IMPOSSIBLE to legalize weed in any and all other states where CBD is legal??

They can’t do that right??

This just doesn’t make sense.

Also, Hilary was NOT for the “mass incarceration of blacks”.

The “super predator” comment was totally taken out of context during a very particular time in the 1980s when it just so happened to be that Central Park was a much more dangerous place than it is now and the majority of people committing murders in CP were black and so she referred to the people committing the crimes as “super predators”.

I am not even sure she ever said “black people” specifically either, but even IF she did, people make slip ups in what they say that don’t support their views, it’s just that people parse every single word politicians say.

She was NOT for incarcerating black people.

She IS Anti-drug though, and it’s fucking retarded.

She said that “Marijuanna needs more research before it should be legalized” haha, what a joke.

I liked Bernie MUCH better.

But I’d MUCH rather have Hilary as president than Trump.

It sounds like you have a general anxiety issue. Might be worth seeing a doc about a long acting benzo. Basically I'm saying most of those symptoms are unrelated to kratom.

Im sorry but that sounds like terrible advice. Someone is addicted to a substance and probably has anxiety because of this addiction... and you recommend a benzo? Benzos are very addictive on their own, and can cause more problems (anxiety especially) than they "treat", been there done that...

Kratom misery: Unfortunately that's what happens after long periods of kratom use for a lot of people. The exact mechanism would be tough to point out because of the many different active compounds in the plant material as well as the complexity of our mind & body. I've been using kratom quite a bit lately; last semester at uni I got a 4.0 in all my classes and I attribute that to kratom use (which means little to no alcohol use or other drug use, consequently, and that's why I take kratom). The downside is the anxiety that may come with its use, especially when taking 20+ grams a day.

During winter break I jumped off the kratom, it wasn't too bad, but I used loperamide and alcohol. I felt much better very quickly and the withdrawal was so much milder than I thought it was going to be, I think that's where most of the anxiety came from, the thought of withdrawal. Taper off man, or just flush it down the toilet and hold on. You'll be thankful you did it I bet, it sounds like you're subconsciously motivated to get off the stuff. I wouldn't recommend the alcohol part, but a small dose of loperamide 4-6 hours after your last kratom dose (and maybe 2 or 3 subsequent smaller doses) would give you a very smooth landing my friend.

Take care!

Im sorry but that sounds like terrible advice. Someone is addicted to a substance and probably has anxiety because of this addiction... and you recommend a benzo? Benzos are very addictive on their own, and can cause more problems (anxiety especially) than they "treat", been there done that...

Kratom misery: Unfortunately that's what happens after long periods of kratom use for a lot of people. The exact mechanism would be tough to point out because of the many different active compounds in the plant material as well as the complexity of our mind & body. I've been using kratom quite a bit lately; last semester at uni I got a 4.0 in all my classes and I attribute that to kratom use (which means little to no alcohol use or other drug use, consequently, and that's why I take kratom). The downside is the anxiety that may come with its use, especially when taking 20+ grams a day.

During winter break I jumped off the kratom, it wasn't too bad, but I used loperamide and alcohol. I felt much better very quickly and the withdrawal was so much milder than I thought it was going to be, I think that's where most of the anxiety came from, the thought of withdrawal. Taper off man, or just flush it down the toilet and hold on. You'll be thankful you did it I bet, it sounds like you're subconsciously motivated to get off the stuff. I wouldn't recommend the alcohol part, but a small dose of loperamide 4-6 hours after your last kratom dose (and maybe 2 or 3 subsequent smaller doses) would give you a very smooth landing my friend.

Take care!

I’m sorry but I STRONGLY disagree.

I also have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and my life would be almost unlivable without Klonopin.

STOP THE WAR ON BENZOS!!

Yes, they are addictive.

Yes, they have side effects.

So do all drugs.

But they have legit medical uses and are LIFE SAVERS for those who need them.

Let people make their own fucking decisions about what drugs they want to put in their bodies.

And this isn’t even for recreation but FOR RELIEF.

I haven’t gotten worse anxiety from my benzo use, and I haven’t had many negative side effects.

They COULD happen down the line, but it’s a risk I’m willing to take for now and later on if I want to try to get off them (which in theory would be nice some day) then I will, but NOT based on anyone telling me I SHOULD (UNLESS it’s a doctor telling me I’m going to do PERMAMENT damage that will be REALLY bad if I don’t).

Yes, this is a harm reduction site, but I think people forget about PSYCHOLOGICAL harm reduction (i.e. helping people use certain substances safely if those substances really CAN improve their state of mind, help them emotionally or physically).

Don’t throw out the baby with the bath water.

Every one jumps on benzos saying they are so horrible, but when the shoe’s on the other foot and you have a serious anxiety disorder that responds to nothing else, then unless you are a doctor (and really, even if you are IMO) you shouldn’t be talking.

Our bodies, our choice.