• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Kratom for maintenance?

All of the strains are all roughly the same pain relief and strength (there are minor differences) but the main difference is how stimulating they are, but even then the difference is small.

Bali is the most relaxing and the closest to an opioid buzz. Maeng Da is the most stimulating and probably the strongest strain.

I would suggest buying pills for now. There are many ways to take it but the taste is not that pleasant. Or make tea.

I would start with about 5-6g and go from there. I personally take about 14g per day but have very high tolerance. I wouldn't go above that, you'll probably get sick. Remember "less is more" with kratom, it's counterintuitive but true.
Yep. That's my take on it too.

I once drove a boom lift high as fuck on heroin. And built an antenna hanging off the side of a 12 story building. Opiates both give me energy and make me fearless.

Last edited:
Well I got a pack of Bali and White Maeng Da yesterday. Took 2 Bali in the evening, seemed to help but I wasn't moving around much. Took 2 Maeng Da this morning at 5 along with an 800mg ibuprofen. It did help but around 10 it was back above a dull roar. So I took 2 Maeng and 1 Bali. It did stimulate me but not amped up or anything. I played it on the cautious side on dosage but may need to bump it for better pain relief.

Well I got a pack of Bali and White Maeng Da yesterday. Took 2 Bali in the evening, seemed to help but I wasn't moving around much. Took 2 Maeng Da this morning at 5 along with an 800mg ibuprofen. It did help but around 10 it was back above a dull roar. So I took 2 Maeng and 1 Bali. It did stimulate me but not amped up or anything. I played it on the cautious side on dosage but may need to bump it for better pain relief.

The capsules contain around 500mg so you'll probably need to take at the very least 4-5 for any sort of pain relief. Some capsules contain as little as 300mg but this is rare.

The capsules contain around 500mg so you'll probably need to take at the very least 4-5 for any sort of pain relief. Some capsules contain as little as 300mg but this is rare.
Thanks. I misunderstood Snafu and was spacing 5-6 g out per day instead of one dose. I appreciate the explanation :) It's awesome having helpful sincere people to talk to. Pretty impressive that just 1.1 g (what the pack says 2 caps is) even mellowed the shoulder. That would almost be enough with a little anti inflammatory for the back pain. I did like being more alert with the Maeng today

Im on red Sumatra kratom and on a very good day ( which are not that often) it can feel like mild codiene in pain relief... like the co-codamol I got when I was in England with my dad. That was 8mgs of codiene and 500mg of Tylenol and I would typically take 3 together.

I find that taking my kratom on a very empty stomach helps and if I eat anything within 2 hours of taking it it’s wasted. The only thing that I can do with it is drink a caffeinated soda ( I prefer cola but whatever your preferred caffeine source is might help it work).

A liter or so of grapefruit juice before hand, also helps but personally I can’t handle the taste.

So I was going to ask about the best ways to flavor kratom. I have been using hot chocolate mix but the sugar is a concern and I can see that long term weight gain will be an issue.
Before anyone says it... i found out that sugar substitutes, like what’s in the sugar free mix trigger migraines when mixed with kratom or used too closely after kratom

I used kratom for 8 years daily for pain and maintenance. Couldn't get a real pain script for my fibromyalgia. I ended up spending for a whole kilo every 10 days bc of my 4x 25g dose per day (100g) habit.

I started Kratom as like a last ditch effort to get off h, and Ive been clean for almost a year now. Its a very interesting drug and helped me out alot going through withdrawls. I wouldnt expect to be nodding from a dose but it definitely helps with the pain and anxiety. If you do decide to start using it, then just know that you can only take so much of this stuff or else you will have a bad time fighting vertigo and nausea.

I started Kratom as like a last ditch effort to get off h, and Ive been clean for almost a year now. Its a very interesting drug and helped me out alot going through withdrawls. I wouldnt expect to be nodding from a dose but it definitely helps with the pain and anxiety. If you do decide to start using it, then just know that you can only take so much of this stuff or else you will have a bad time fighting vertigo and nausea.
How much did you have to take for the withdrawals to go away?? I'm strong out on these m30s ( fent presses) and really wanna get clean but I cant do it cold turkey and have NO access to methadone or suboxone... I'm tired living like this man. You have any advice?? I would really appreciate it.

How much did you have to take for the withdrawals to go away?? I'm strong out on these m30s ( fent presses) and really wanna get clean but I cant do it cold turkey and have NO access to methadone or suboxone... I'm tired living like this man. You have any advice?? I would really appreciate it.

I would start with 4 grams and see how you feel, then if you need to on your next dose move up to around 6g.Its not gonna be a walk in the park by anymeans but I would get some kratom around, I would attempt to wean off what you have left of the 30s and then once they run out start dosing kratom for wds. It will still be uncomfortable but a hell of a lot better than nothing, an going to to rehab. I wish you luck man If i can do it I know you can.

I would start with 4 grams and see how you feel, then if you need to on your next dose move up to around 6g.Its not gonna be a walk in the park by anymeans but I would get some kratom around, I would attempt to wean off what you have left of the 30s and then once they run out start dosing kratom for wds. It will still be uncomfortable but a hell of a lot better than nothing, an going to to rehab. I wish you luck man If i can do it I know you can.
I'm on my last 30 ... smoking it on foil. After this is gone I have nothing.... I have some kratom, but man im terrified :( . I dont know if I'm gonna make it threw....

My advice is to get a couple of 96 count bottles of immodium. I always get bitched at for it too bc it could cause QT interval prolongation and death but it's highly unlikely.
Anyway take like 45 immodiums (loperamide) the first day. Then try like 35-40 the next day, and so on until you get tapered. I think if you're not cool with this method it's bc you haven't tried it yet. It works!! This was the easiest taper/withdrawals I've ever had. Was probably around 25-35 pills for awhile before tapering on off.

My advice is to get a couple of 96 count bottles of immodium. I always get bitched at for it too bc it could cause QT interval prolongation and death but it's highly unlikely.
Anyway take like 45 immodiums (loperamide) the first day. Then try like 35-40 the next day, and so on until you get tapered. I think if you're not cool with this method it's bc you haven't tried it yet. It works!! This was the easiest taper/withdrawals I've ever had. Was probably around 25-35 pills for awhile before tapering on off.
NO. Look Immodium is great for withdrawal, but you don't need to eat the whole bottle! FFS... Take 2 and 2 again in a few hours. Don't eat the whole bottle. I've been really sick before and desperate, for me, there was 0 difference between 2 and 20 Immodium tablets.

Also, look at what a QT interval is. You can damage your heart. Take 2! Not the whole fucking bottle! I have included an illuminating Google search for anyone curious about why.

That's fine if you're treating diarrhea only. If you want all your symptoms to disappear i recommend you try at least 30 pills plus a proton pump inhibitor like omeprazole. Then u get the methadone like central effects of the lope. No more withdrawal and you can taper slowly, dosing once per day, from however much lope it took to make the withdrawal subside.
It can unexpectedly cause heart arrhythmia due to QT interval prolongation but it's not very likely. If you don't like the risk don't take it. I like letting people know that i tried this and it was the easiest, most symptom free taper I've ever had! Truly a miracle for a HOME detox.