• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Kratom for maintenance?

Anyone here take just kratom and nothing else. No pharms, no street drugs? Occasional weed not included.

Are you using it for maintainance ( cause you quit opioids and didn't want to do m'done or subs) or are you using it for pain, anxiety, or depression?

What are your primary reasons for ingesting all that green lovely powder?

The WDs will be hellish, but otherwise... If you can keep it under control, give it a shot?
I wish I had logged in to read this reply Verbal.
OOOOOO K. It's been an interesting couple of months. I started taking 5mg per day of White Maeng,which was 10 pills. I could only handle 4 or 5 before eating something but if I don't take something when I wake up I won't be functional to go to work. That would get me by for an hour or so, I'd go to work then wolf down breakfast ( shared vehicle/hectic mornings) in the breakroom then take the rest about 15 minutes later. When they combined the hot shrapnel in my shoulder vanished and the 2 very different types of pain in 2 places in my back idled down like race cams. I wasn't amped up high gear but nicely alert and in a good mood. This went on for about 2 weeks before I felt my tolerance climbing. But I didn't take more mainly because a packet of 20 pills is $20 and I'm not exactly making bank. Honestly this is equivalent to what I was spending back in B'more for scramble per dosages. Luckily as my tolerance increased my shoulder healed. It isn't entirely gone but enough that I stopped taking the Kratom about 2 weeks ago, I made the last packet stretch out over a week,but I did feel the withdrawal trying to take hold. A little miracle happened in the form of my girlfriends coworker asking her if she knew anyone who wanted any Percs. My GF is a total straight,except a rare drink or two, but takes pity on me and my moaning,groaning and flailing about with my battle damage. So perfect timing. Along with the last of my forgotten gabapentin scrip I managed to keep the withdrawal under control mostly. I will say this: I've gone thru WD dozens of times and what I could feel of this one I'd only had twice before and it was not H that caused it. Back home my brother and I had our trustworthy "Bodie" bring us Fent before word was out ABOUT fent in B'more. Both times we had a lack of funds when we ran out of stock. Those 2 WD sessions are what made my now Ex take the first steps to becoming my Ex. And the first steps to this fucking desert in a laughable attempt to escape a drug riddled town. HA!! Even with the gab and percs I would get hit with this.....weakness....I had to sit tf down fast. I work in an area away from others and had a 5 gallon bucket in a mostly hidden spot. The scary part was waking up from what felt like coma sleep without the warning of even a slight headrush. And I had this dizziness or vertigo or some damn thing I can't even describe but it's more than the sensation of spinning or tumbling I tell ya that. So...I'm back to just my back being racked and have the possibility of hit and miss percs. I have a bad L4/5 disc I've dealt with for 30+ years and a nice 2 year old deformed T12 vertabrae the docs insisted I further mangle with Phys Therapy before giving me an MRI then telling me I should have been immobilized right away. I'm 30 minutes from Mexico but damned if I know anyone, I'm not keen on tar or the chance it's fent and don't really want to accidentally deal with anyone in or close to a cartel. Ain't life a blast.
Thanks everyone for the advice,sincerely,and to anyone who needs Kratom consistently: I feel for you and good luck,be careful.

Anyone here take just kratom and nothing else. No pharms, no street drugs? Occasional weed not included.

Are you using it for maintainance ( cause you quit opioids and didn't want to do m'done or subs) or are you using it for pain, anxiety, or depression?

What are your primary reasons for ingesting all that green lovely powder?
I spent a year and a half using nothing but kratom, exempting a few parties and here where I'd go wild.
When I got back from Costa Rica for some reason I decided to get my old dexedrine script refilled to "take days off" from Kratom (despite the fact that I'd been stone cold sober from kratom for most of my trip).
I'm not sure but I suspect that was the first step that led towards my spiralling relapse back into fentanyl.
And realistically if I'd never started using kratom (I had 5 months totally sober from anything) I'd probably not have ended up filling the dexedrine... it's all tied together.