• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom 101 - Useful stuff to know before first try?

My advice is stick with the cheapest and go with greens. I almost solely use what's labeled as Green Maeng Da because it's the most consistent by far. A lot of the reds and bullshit made up strains are barely active and don't keep me well for more than a few hours. I've been using kratom since 2007 and it's all a crock of shit. Don't get caught up in "boutique" sites selling the same thing as the wholesaler for 300% mark up.
Boutique sites are ridiculous gouging however going with the cheapest only fucks you. Unfair trade has caused Indo farmers to use fillers. Non-kratom leaves, corn husks, etc. I grow speciosa and im telling you - that cheap shit you are buying is barely kratom.

Boutique sites are ridiculous gouging however going with the cheapest only fucks you. Unfair trade has caused Indo farmers to use fillers. Non-kratom leaves, corn husks, etc. I grow speciosa and im telling you - that cheap shit you are buying is barely kratom.
I doubt it exists, but in the same way that somebody can wash cocaine they bought on the street to remove some of the cut, is there any method of concentration and washing that can be applied to kratom that you know of?

I'm considering getting some kratom to treat the spikier edges of severe autistic burn out.

I currently use blue lotus in a dynavap dry herb vaporiser, it's pretty effective (more than smoking, more than tea); but the effects can be short-lasting and the come down a little unpleasant.

My worry about kratom is the stimulant-like-effects at lower doses.

I would obviously want to start with lower doses for my own safety but I don't want to experience anything stronger than the stimulation of a cup of decaffinated coffee (yep, decaf coffee, I am so sensitive to caffeine that my upper limit is two cups of decaf coffee).

Is it possible to get sedative effects but still with a reasonably low dose for first use?
What was your experience with blue lotus like? I encounter a ton of people who claim it has almost no effect, but in adequately concentrated forms I've also seen it knock people on their ass, myself included. I've smoked resin of it, eaten the resin and steeped it in wine, and found eating it in a gel cap to be the quickest and most effective way to take it. What's worked best for you, and how would you explain how it affects you?
Oh ya EU vendors are still supplied by the SAME Indo guys
You seem pretty knowledgeable about the kratom trade, is there anywhere you could point me towards, so that I could learn more about it?

I doubt it exists, but in the same way that somebody can wash cocaine they bought on the street to remove some of the cut, is there any method of concentration and washing that can be applied to kratom that you know of?
Thats a good question! I mean you can do an extract and get mitragynine isolate

Start small. Taking too much feels like crap. I know people who started with 10 grams and then got super sick. I think 4g is probably a good place to start. Some people might say 2g but... idk.. I dont think thats enough. But its going to vary from person to person.

If you get heart palpitations from coffee its totally possible you'll get them from Kratom too. But you might not. You'll have to find out for yourself. On that note... maybe starting with 2g isn't such a bad idea. But if it doesn't work, don't go taking another 2g right away, the effect wont be as nice. Wait 24 hours and then try again with 4.
I’m going to pick up my first 1/4 kilo today of white vain. Im trying to kick my opioid dependence, at least until I can my next refill. Subs I don’t like as much.. I’ve never had an issue jumping from subs to oxys, and back again. But first time trying Kratom.. any tips?
From what I’ve seen and hear, start with 4g?
Not sure if it’s released, but my opioid daily usage was around 70-90mg oxy

I’m going to pick up my first 1/4 kilo today of white vain. Im trying to kick my opioid dependence, at least until I can my next refill. Subs I don’t like as much.. I’ve never had an issue jumping from subs to oxys, and back again. But first time trying Kratom.. any tips?
Have you tried kratom before?

White vein might not be the best to jump off with. Mainly that some batches of white can be very stimulating. It can make you quite jittery and anxious at high doses like taking too much caffeine. It will probably keep you awake at night as well.

I would highly suggest also buying a red strain and mixing with the white 50/50 or 1:2 white/red.

4g is a good place to start, yeah.

Have you tried kratom before?

White vein might not be the best to jump off with. Mainly that some batches of white can be very stimulating. It can make you quite jittery and anxious at high doses like taking too much caffeine. It will probably keep you awake at night as well.

I would highly suggest also buying a red strain and mixing with the white 50/50 or 1:2 white/red.

4g is a good place to start, yeah.
Thanks Snafu. I have never tried it before.. now I have 250 g of the freshest stuff they had, which was the white vein. I’m going to give it a try.. is it best to add some lemon juice with the kartom for 10 min or so until you had the 80/90 degree water?

Last edited:
So, I had two cups (probably around 6-7 grams) and I definitely feel more relaxed, at ease. Wonderful. No gut issues yet..

Last edited:
Yeah 4g is a good place to start. You might have to do more since you have some opioid tolerance. I remember I switched from 6mg of suboxone to Kratom and a friend said I'd need half an oz. Glad I didn't listen to him. 5-6 grams was enough. Though the frequency of my dosing gradually increased to where I was taking an ounce a day, but that took quite a while. Anyway I wouldn't worry too much about colours. I mean if you dont get a good effect by all means try a different batch, I just don't think the color matters too much. Its the batch that matters not the color or the strain. All Kratom is going to have some stimulating and depressant effect, and that is very dose dependent. Smaller doses tend to be more stimulating but its not a hard and fast rule.

Its a weird plant, we dont know that much about it. Pretty much just get some straight powder, forget the extracts and shit.
If you dont have a scale - get one. Its hard to eyeball this stuff especially when the way the leaf is cut is going to affect the volume:weight ratio. And you'll probably have to dose at least 3 times a day to keep the sickness away but you might need more, or maybe even less just feel it out. If you get w/d really bad you might want to have some ready for when you wake up as its pretty short acting.

Just mix with water and drink. You dont need to do anything fancy. Yeah it doesn't taste great but its not horrible just tastes like green tea to me, so just grin and bare it. You try mixing with orange juice or something is just going to make it even worse. If you absolutely must, put in gelcaps but waste of time if you ask me.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Yeah 4g is a good place to start. You might have to do more since you have some opioid tolerance. I remember I switched from 6mg of suboxone to Kratom and a friend said I'd need half an oz. Glad I didn't listen to him. 5-6 grams was enough. Though the frequency of my dosing gradually increased to where I was taking an ounce a day, but that took quite a while. Anyway I wouldn't worry too much about colours. I mean if you dont get a good effect by all means try a different batch, I just don't think the color matters too much. Its the batch that matters not the color or the strain. All Kratom is going to have some stimulating and depressant effect, and that is very dose dependent. Smaller doses tend to be more stimulating but its not a hard and fast rule.

Its a weird plant, we dont know that much about it. Pretty much just get some straight powder, forget the extracts and shit.
If you dont have a scale - get one. Its hard to eyeball this stuff especially when the way the leaf is cut is going to affect to volume:weight ratio. And you'll probably have to dose at least 3 times a day to keep the sickness away but you might need more, or maybe even less just feel it out. If you get w/d really bad you might want to have some ready for when you wake up as its pretty short acting.

Just mix with water and drink. You dont need to do anything fancy. Yeah it doesn't taste great but its not horrible just tastes like green tea to me, so just grin and bare it. You try mixing with orange juice or something is just going to make it even worse. If you absolutely must, put in gelcaps but waste of time if you ask me.

Good luck.
Thanks amigo. Good advice.

I'm really sure it is not a new thing, but I put kratom in some Greek yoghurt with honey, and oh hell, it is so good like this!

I'm really sure it is not a new thing, but I put kratom in some Greek yoghurt with honey, and oh hell, it is so good like this!
How did this work out for you? I have heard/read many ways even yogurt and just wondering if any effects were noticed. I just make hottish tea and drink it.
Thanks,
J

How did this work out for you? I have heard/read many ways even yogurt and just wondering if any effects were noticed. I just make hottish tea and drink it.
Thanks,
J

I had like 4-5g (my scale is shitty) with like three humped tablespoon of yoghurt, and like two-three teaspoon of honey (because otherwise it is still too bitter for me :D) I cannot really feel anything yet now, but I also had it on a full stomach and snacked a bit after finishing it. Yesterday, when I had it before lunch it put me straight in the bed - it was a bit different feeling-wise, similar to when you are float on water and not even felt like sleeping, more like a deep nap or even nodding out for a few hours.

Oh, a tea sounds really good! Do you put anything in it to contrast the bitter taste?

Oh, a tea sounds really good! Do you put anything in it to contrast the bitter taste?
I just heat some water in a microwave (or other) and add the ground powder to it. It kinda "melts" in hottish water. Just stir and go. Works for me. Can be a bit bitter but it almost seems that the bitter is good. Again, me. YMMV
Oh, I like a lemon/honey throat lozenge after dosing.
Taken with lots of food one may not feel much or any kind of depends on a lot of factors.
Try it with an emty-ish stomach. I eat four saltine crackers and a bottle of water before I dose kratom. Became a habit....
There are just so many ways to ingest this product. Lots of threads, too.
Peace

I just heat some water in a microwave (or other) and add the ground powder to it. It kinda "melts" in hottish water. Just stir and go. Works for me. Can be a bit bitter but it almost seems that the bitter is good. Again, me. YMMV
Oh, I like a lemon/honey throat lozenge after dosing.
Taken with lots of food one may not feel much or any kind of depends on a lot of factors.
Try it with an emty-ish stomach. I eat four saltine crackers and a bottle of water before I dose kratom. Became a habit....
There are just so many ways to ingest this product. Lots of threads, too.
Peace

It melts in the hot water? Great! :D My next question would have been about that, since when I put it in yoghurt the texture remains a bit sand-like, and I feel like it would be a bit uncomfortable as a tea. I think I will try to mix kratom-tea with some sweeter tea maybe, since the smell actually really reminds me to green tea, and when I mix it with yoghurt, the taste too - I have some tea where the fruits are candied, maybe it can do something with the taste.
Oh I did! Well not on a fully empty stomach, but after something small and light - I don't know why, I just don't really "dare" to try it on a fully empty stomach for some reason.
If you don't mind the question, what dosage do you recommend if I want to achieve a more high-like feeling? I read 6-12g somewhere.

If you don't mind the question, what dosage do you recommend if I want to achieve a more high-like feeling? I read 6-12g somewhere.
This will vary according to individual. I dose 2-3g daily sometimes 3-5 times.
Also depends on quality of product.
Just starting out on the kratom?
I'd try 3g.

It melts in the hot water? Great! :D My next question would have been about that, since when I put it in yoghurt the texture remains a bit sand-like, and I feel like it would be a bit uncomfortable as a tea. I think I will try to mix kratom-tea with some sweeter tea maybe, since the smell actually really reminds me to green tea, and when I mix it with yoghurt, the taste too - I have some tea where the fruits are candied, maybe it can do something with the taste.
Oh I did! Well not on a fully empty stomach, but after something small and light - I don't know why, I just don't really "dare" to try it on a fully empty stomach for some reason.

I don't recommend mixing powder kratom with water, it doesn't mix well and cause more stomach irritation since some of the fine powder can irritate the esophagus. Strongly recommend getting some empty capsules and filling them up and taking it that way.

I used to wash and toss kratom all the time because it was easier, but ever since I switched to capsules nausea has decreased substantially.

Don't exceed 4-5g per use if you are new to kratom. 5g will provide an opioid-like high to a newbie, in most cases.

This will vary according to individual. I dose 2-3g daily sometimes 3-5 times.
Also depends on quality of product.
Just starting out on the kratom?
I'd try 3g.

Bought it back in July, if I remember correctly and when I fun with it time-to-time when I don't have to do much - or when I have to much to do :D So far I only took like 3-5g, once a day, really randomly (I try it in July, did not touched it during the rest of the summer, than did some again at the start of fall, than now I had it with yoghurt or with oj like for the last two or three days.)
I don't really know about the quality tbh - I found some shops, and just picked one based on reviews and price - Is there a visible difference between good and bad kratom, or it is fully on the effectiveness?