• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Kids TV shows - Down Memory Lane

Did you ever get into Inspector Gadget?

Not that I can recall. Ive just 'googled' it to see if the results would trigger my memory, but it doesnt look familliar atall, athough it says it was first broadcast in 83-86, which is probably just slightly after my cartoon watching age, as i would have been 13-16 years old by then, and hopefully progressed beyond watching cartoons which judging by my lack of any memories is what happened.

Just said out loud " Ill get you next time gadget"............

My cat looked at me like i was a tit.

Aldi cat food for him this week me thinks.....

This is the best thing I've heard all day! HAHAHAHA I'm actually laughing here!

Not that I can recall. Ive just 'googled' it to see if the results would trigger my memory, but it doesnt look familliar atall, athough it says it was first broadcast in 83-86, which is probably just slightly after my cartoon watching age, as i would have been 13-16 years old by then, and hopefully progressed beyond watching cartoons which judging by my lack of any memories is what happened.

Dude, I've seen pics of you! You look young!

Loved inspecter gadget. I still say to lil' un I'm not inspecter gadget ye know lol.

Evey

How 2!

Thats how for now.

(I also thought Belle and Sebastian were a band).

Indeed. Like continuing to churn out "Taggart" for years after the shows eponymous star had died. That always seemed ridiculous to me. At least after Morse died the BBC changed the name of the show, to reflect the fact that Morse's former sidekick Lewis was now the star of the show.

I never knew that. I've never watched Lewis but oftem hear it advertised n that Fiona from Corrie is in it but never realised it was connected to Morse in any way.

Evey

Thats probably because ive posted more old pics of myself in my younger days than i have posted current up to date pics. ;)

TBF I haven't posted many recent pics of myself except in the staff forum. I did post a few though. Ages ago..

Rainbow
Pipkins
Jamie and the magic torch
Mr Benn
Roobarb and custard
The Muppet show
Banana Splits
Why Don't You (switch off your television set and go and do something less boring instead)
TISWAS
The Double Deckers
Flipper
Skipper
Lassie
Daktari
Joe 90
Thunderbirds
Wacky Races
Lost in Space
UFO
Yogi Bear
Camberwick Green
Top Cat
Little house on the prairie
Crackerjack
The Goodies
Magpie
The magic roundabout
Asterix
The pink panther
Tintin

Bloody hell, they're just the ones I can remember...

You begin with Rainbow. Many years ago I wrote a book about 'Geoffrey' from Rainbow exposing him as a paedophile. It was fiction but I had to withdraw it when I found out about his tragic life (then, maybe still now) as an ice cream man. This still pre-dated Jimmy Savile by several years.

Lost in Space - fucking excellent, though probably wouldn't be if watched now.

And how can you mention Camberwick Green but not Trumpton.

Anyone remember Mungo & Jess? I wanted to shoot Mungo & Jess. I was about five at the time.

Magpie was Blue Peter for (future) drug takers.

also knightmare was awesome, as was simon and the witch, and going round the bend (aussie show about some people who lived in lighthouse)

also knightmare was awesome, as was simon and the witch, and going round the bend (aussie show about some people who lived in lighthouse)

I thought it was Round the Twist. Or maybe I'm thinking of another programme.

Evey

Crystal Tipps and Alastair - I wanted to nuke that middle class pile of insufferable shit too.

Shall I say something positive? Roobarb and Custard - best (pre-punk) theme tune ever.

You begin with Rainbow. Many years ago I wrote a book about 'Geoffrey' from Rainbow exposing him as a paedophile. It was fiction but I had to withdraw it when I found out about his tragic life (then, maybe still now) as an ice cream man. This still pre-dated Jimmy Savile by several years.

Lost in Space - fucking excellent, though probably wouldn't be if watched now.

And how can you mention Camberwick Green but not Trumpton.

Anyone remember Mungo & Jess? I wanted to shoot Mungo & Jess. I was about five at the time.

Magpie was Blue Peter for (future) drug takers.

Is 'ice cream man' a modern day euphemism for 'sick fuckin nonce bastard ' or summat? I was also very suspicious of that Bungle, he was so camp, he was definitely a kiddy fiddler..

Iirc, the Lost in Space cast had an annoying ginger kid actor who was the spit of Alfred E. Neumann from 'Mad' magazine - complete with freckles, massive lug'oles and gormless grin. But in the acting stakes, Robbie stole the show completely - the rest were as wooden as the sets.

I only omitted 'Trumpton' because it was mentioned earlier in the thread and I didn't want to be infracted for plagiarism ;)

I do remember Mungo & Jess now you mention it, as well as 'The Clangers', 'The Moomins' and 'The Wombles' - all glaring omissions from my list.

You're dead right about Magpie as well. For a start the presenters were all groovy, and I'd have knocked the back out of that Jenny Hanley any day of the week. In contrast, Blue Peter was presented by a bunch of boring squares with an unhealthy interest in dogs and was aimed at future politicians and 'ice cream men'.

Truly, the 70's was the 'golden age' of children's telly - no doubt entirely as a result of the abundance of high quality acid being produced in Wales at the time.

Sadie, I am younger - well younger than Fishface anyway, and Blondin (just). I am equal in years to SHM and Warrior on the edge (come back man, I'm missing ya). I suspect that Zombywoof and Pink Pigeon are also of similar vintage, judging by their taste in obscure 60s psychedelic bands.

There was a dirty version of rainbow where they were drunk or high. It's on youtube somewhere. Yea i'd like to see Edgey back where is he? Fuby you n edgey were ace together, very comical.

Evey