Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Kids TV shows - Down Memory Lane

Eveleivibe

Ex-Bluelighter
Hiya EADD-IGHTERS!!!!!!

As a child, what were your five all time favourite TV programmes of all time? What did you enjoy about them? And have they influenced your life in any way, shape or form?

I'll begin

- Rainbow
- Button Moon
- Bell n Sabastian
- The Sooty Show
- Teabag

Next? Lets have some fun with going back down memory lane n rekindling our childhood :)

Evey

Prepare to be freaked out -

Jigsaw - noseybonk

Thundercats
The Trap door
Worzel
Stig of the Dump
Gideon
Dungeons and Dragons (set me off and started to actually play the game :D)
Battle of the Planets
Sport Billy
Supergran
Terrahawks
Rentaghost - seriously wtf was that about :D
lARiQnT.jpg

Sunday -

Heart to heart, Tales of the unexpected then bed for school

Knightmare I forgot about knightmare was bloody ace that was. Oh year, Beary trapdoor was flipping ace too :D

Does anyone remember The Waltons? Good night Jim Bob, Good night Mary-Ellen. Loved Sunday mornings with Waltons....

Evey

Knightmare I forgot about knightmare was bloody ace that was. Oh year, Beary trapdoor was flipping ace too :D

Does anyone remember The Waltons? Good night Jim Bob, Good night Mary-Ellen. Loved Sunday mornings with Waltons....

Evey

What the other show like Knightmare but it had that plant thing (sure it was a cheese plant) on the last level (honda gronda) :D

I used to love Scooby Doo as a nipper. I was outraged when they altered the format slightly by adding a yappy young pup to the format. Fucking "Scrappy Doo" or something iirc, was incredibly annoying.

I was also addicted to Grange Hill, i watched it pretty much right from the start, all through the days of the most memorable characters like Tucker, Gripper and Zammo and teachers like Scruffy McDuffy and the monstrous Mr Bronson. Embarrassingly i started using cockney phrases and accents at school until the headmaster asked me if i was from London, and when i said not he told me that i sounded "very silly" in that case. :D

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one that thought Scrappy doo was a little douche. Was no need for that!

I take my Scooby Doo seriously! Only other thing I was into as a kid was star wars. Massive starwars fan. Don't even get me started on the newer movies.....

You were most definitely not alone. :D One of my friends in my class at school was also a big Scooby Doo fan, he also passionately hated the "childish" Scrappy.

It seems that the introduction of Scrappy was a mistake by the writers, possibly attempting to appeal to the younger end of the age bracket that watched the show, but ended up hugely pissing off the viewers at the older end of its 'demographic'.

Right!, He lived up to his name, he was a scrappy fucker and just seemed to piss kids off by being so negative. I can even recall that voice! Always up for a fight. For some reason that just reminds me of the Simpsons when Homer voiced that dog. For the life of me I can't remember that characters name. Pretty much summed up the introduction of Scrappy Doo.

Don't mess with the classics! They should know better.

Don't mess with the classics! They should know better.

Indeed. Like continuing to churn out "Taggart" for years after the shows eponymous star had died. That always seemed ridiculous to me. At least after Morse died the BBC changed the name of the show, to reflect the fact that Morse's former sidekick Lewis was now the star of the show.

ITT I learn Belle and Sebastian did not make up their own name!

Guess my memories are made up mostly of stuff on CiTV and CBBC but also stuff my Mum used to watch that they seemed to start repeating when I was a kid, so shit like Trumpton, Camberwick Green, Parsley the Lion (fucking love that) alongside stuff like Knightmare, Blue Peter, Wizadora, that weird one with Craig Charles and some VR thing, Bad Influence, Games Master all that. Knightmare was absolutely awesome for its time and I'd love to see a reboot even though it'd be all gritty and serious and shit. I sorta like watching the live action games shows from back then on Youtube, missus put on Raven the other day and I can imagine it was really cool as a kid (I missed it, she's a bit younger than me tho) but holy shit now it's just some hilarious Scottish dude poncing round in all black trying to be deadly serious to these kids with hilariously made up names

Kids TV nowadays scares me or looks bland as fuck.

I never watched the original taggart but I can see where you're coming from! There have been a few telly shows that "replace" characters or just carry on like no one is going to notice. Turns it to shite IMO.

I don't really watch telly anymore so thank fuck for that.

EDIT: I thought that Belle and Sebatian were just a band. HUH... I'm intrigued now.

Rainbow
Pipkins
Jamie and the magic torch
Mr Benn
Roobarb and custard
The Muppet show
Banana Splits
Why Don't You (switch off your television set and go and do something less boring instead)
TISWAS
The Double Deckers
Flipper
Skipper
Lassie
Daktari
Joe 90
Thunderbirds
Wacky Races
Lost in Space
UFO
Yogi Bear
Camberwick Green
Top Cat
Little house on the prairie
Crackerjack
The Goodies
Magpie
The magic roundabout
Asterix
The pink panther
Tintin

Bloody hell, they're just the ones I can remember...

For some reason I thought you were younger FUBAR! That's a fair bit of nostalgia. =D

Rainbow
Pipkins
Jamie and the magic torch
Mr Benn
Roobarb and custard
The Muppet show
Banana Splits
Why Don't You (switch off your television set and go and do something less boring instead)
TISWAS
The Double Deckers
Flipper
Skipper
Lassie
Daktari
Joe 90
Thunderbirds
Wacky Races
Lost in Space
UFO
Yogi Bear
Camberwick Green
Top Cat
Little house on the prairie
Crackerjack
The Goodies
Magpie
The magic roundabout
Asterix
The pink panther
Tintin

Bloody hell, they're just the ones I can remember...

you were there, you lived it!!

The Pink Panther cartoons were really great. :D Another one of my favourite shows. Even the music was brilliant. Even if they did end up endlessly repeating episodes I never grew tired of them. I liked Danger Mouse too, again the theme music was a factor. Tom and Jerry too of course, although i think that show pre-dates the 70s, looking back now those days seem like a truly Golden Era for children's TV.

Used to love count Duckula!! Egor and nannie! David Jason was THAT dude for voice work in that time.

The Pink Panther cartoons were really great. :D Another one of my favourite shows. Even the music was brilliant. Even if they did end up endlessly repeating episodes I never grew tired of them. I liked Danger Mouse too, again the theme music was a factor. Tom and Jerry too of course, although i think that show pre-dates the 70s, looking back now those days seem like a truly Golden Era for children's TV.

Did you ever get into Inspector Gadget?