View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [Ketamine Subthread] Cooking K

johanneschimpo said:

Excuse me?
If you put warm water into the bottom of an frying pan never used for cooking food, then added the crystal k to it, stir until it dissolved so all you had left was just what looked like plain old water, then on a relatively low heat fried it with no interference (stiring), after 10/20 minutes the water evaporates and after all popping sounds have been heard you would get out the exact amount in end result powder you put in in crystal.
Tried and tested method.

Last edited:
saucepan with a some water and a lid on top.
lid needs to be upside down so you can put the liquid k into the 'inner bowl' of the lid. cooking the water in the saucepan will create enough heat for the lid to heat up so much that its contents will evaporate.... you're left with powdered K (plus any other solids) within 20 minutes or so.

these forensics said:
I have been cooking up licks for a while using the double-boil method.

I was also using a 100mg/ml bottle of ketamine. Check out this picture for some crude instructions

k.jpg
This is the best way to do it (for the length of process and yield). A microwave fucks everything up usually. Put a pot on the stove, fill it about a third with water, and turn the stove on low. Pour the vial onto a glass plate (clear if you can find one) and put the plate on top of the pot. Bring the heat to a simmer (low heat) so that only the saline solution in the vial evaporates. Do not boil, just heat it so it evaps faster than normal....shouldn't take too long. You will end up with a gram of Ketamine Hydrochloride crystals stuck to a plate. Scrape them off and enjoy. This is the best method I think, I used this one. I've also converted it from freebase (fuckin China) to HCl form.

The effects of cooking k

I have 4 grams of k and a friend. The k is in crystal form. He wants to cook it because he says the drip is rancid. (and it is). So iv got 3 questions.

1.) If you try to cook k that is allready in crystal form, will it not just burn the k?.
2.) Will cooking it effect the drip?. (i.e make it taste better or worse).
3.) Will cooking it alter the potency of the k?. (i.e make it stronger or weeker).

You will destroy most or all of your K by "cooking" it if it has already been cooked up into powder/crystals from liquid. Maybe he means cook it up as in dissolve in water and inject? If your friend intends to apply heat to powdered ketamine they are an idiot and will waste drugs.

I think your friend may be talking about injecting it.

You cannot cook K, that has aready been cooked^. You could put the powder into a spoon and go on from there, but I don't reccommend this at all.

1.) If you try to cook k that is allready in crystal form, will it not just burn the k?.
2.) Will cooking it effect the drip?. (i.e make it taste better or worse).
3.) Will cooking it alter the potency of the k?. (i.e make it stronger or weeker).

1) The K will get burnt and will be disgusting.
2) Much worse, and it will be hard to cut lines
3) It will become weaker due to degrading the K

If the k tastes like balls, you could water filter it, but otherwise, you can't do much, unless you want to IM it.

As others have said, re-cooking your Ket will destroy it for the most part.
If you want to get a better drip add a wee bit of Cinnamon. ;)

Last edited:
Around 200ml. Put the K in a small pan and put bottled/filtered or just boiled water in until it's most dissolved. Once you start to heat the water the rest will dissolve.

I'm so confused. Either you're taking it from the bottle and drying it out by not adding any watter but by either putting it above some boiling water or in a microwave for fast and shitty results or just letting it air dry, or you are adding some water to powdered K so you can I.M. or in some cases I.V. it. I can't see any reason to dissolve powdered K in water. I've had bottles and bottles and never needed to add water to anything unless I had run out of the liquid in the bottle and only had powder/crystals to use and wanted a nice muscle shot. Hmmm, please tell my why.

The principle is you take crystal k and convert it into a form which seems to be absorbed more easily and so results in a stronger drug. It's also more pleasant on the nose.
You do the above by adding water and boiling it down, as slowly as possible for best results.
I don't know the details of the scientific reasoning behind this, if there even is any, but anecdotally it is a useful thing to do.

That doesn't make any sense, it doesn't change the form of the ketamine whatsoever. I would understand if you were changing a freebase to a salt but that's not the case. IDK maybe I don't understand but it just doesn't make sense.

Pharmaceutical grade ketamine is usually packaged as an hcl solution (liquid) in sealed vials so the addition of water is not needed.

i dont know 1 person in England who gets liquid ketamine.

Everyone ALWAYS cooks crystal k into powder because otherwise it'll burn your nose to shreds.

i dont know 1 person in England who gets liquid ketamine.

Everyone ALWAYS cooks crystal k into powder because otherwise it'll burn your nose to shreds.

Why not just crush the powder up with a card or something, seems a lot easier to me?

Why not just crush the powder up with a card or something, seems a lot easier to me?
exactly, obviously the only reason for this "cooking up" thing is to get a finer powder, which can be archieved much more easily (and without potent loss from cooking) by simple mechanical methods.

I dont understand the question. If u have a vial then empty its contents into a pyrex bowl and place that in a boiling pan of water and evape. Scrape up and enjoy:)

If u trying to cut it, then cut it with glucose and its a bit better to rack. Wont burn so much.